Youth News 2009/10

Dev

Abandoned at HT.

Thats 2.5 games against the top of the table and 1 draw away, 1 victory away in the cup and 1 game abandoned when we were 1 up at HT.

They are top and we are bottom.

Such a tight league, and remember we are essentially a young 1st year 19s team, with only 2-3 of this years team ineligable for the 19s next year.

Not many of the others can say that.

This year is all about competing and finding their feet. Next year I would expect us to be near the top.

Yeah, the core of this team is very good. Nice to see Shieldsy and Matty paired up in centre midfield - the dynamic duo looked very impressive.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly it's not a result. The game will be replayed. We competed very well today. The boys are a credit to the club.

Yeah I know that, but what I was saying is that it was a good performance.

I am sure the boys will progress but this will be helped by folk relaxing their expectations of some of them. How many boys in Scotland have been ruined by the old "next Kenny Dalglish" or "next million pound transfer" tage that folk put on them.

Edited by mainstand

Yeah I know that, but what I was saying is that it was a good performance.

I am sure the boys will progress but this will be helped by folk relaxing their expectations of some of them. How many boys in Scotland have been ruined by the old "next Kenny Dalglish" or "next million pound transfer" tage that folk put on them.

Totally agree mainstand. So many pitfalls.

There is more talent in the bookies and pubs on a saturday afternoon than in the spl, guys who had the talent and ability but not the attitude.

Not many Dalglish types about now thats for sure

• 1 month later...

U19s lost 6-1 to Rangers at Murray Park. Darren Kelly got our goal.

Team: Zander Clark; Ross Alexander (Chris Moffat 46 mins), Sean Porter, John Lindsay, Ryan Sullivan; Liam Caddis, Martyn Shields (Keiran O’Hear 46mins), Matt Helmsley, Darren Kelly; Steve May, Rikki McIntosh (Scott ????? 83mins)

Taken from this blog, which has a good report.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats going on?? Last year we seem to have daily reports on the progress of the youths especially the 14's and 17's - who were going great guns. This year, nearly silence. How are the 15's getting on, what about the 16's. There never seems to be any reports on the games. I accept that the scores are not important - and shouldn't be published but some progress reports would be great.

U19s lost 6-1 to Rangers at Murray Park. Darren Kelly got our goal.

Team: Zander Clark; Ross Alexander (Chris Moffat 46 mins), Sean Porter, John Lindsay, Ryan Sullivan; Liam Caddis, Martyn Shields (Keiran O’Hear 46mins), Matt Helmsley, Darren Kelly; Steve May, Rikki McIntosh (Scott ????? 83mins)

Taken from this blog, which has a good report.

where do the 19's play their home games, is it mc d?

quite handy for perth then.

Why not make use of reasonably good facilities, more to the point, lots of the young lads came from outwith Perth & for the club to have a central playing pitch can only be beneficial to parents from Edinburgh & Glasgow that don't have to drive them to Perth on a cold night after work.

Why not make use of reasonably good facilities, more to the point, lots of the young lads came from outwith Perth & for the club to have a central playing pitch can only be beneficial to parents from Edinburgh & Glasgow that don't have to drive them to Perth on a cold night after work.

The under 19s train at the same venue as the first team squad. The other age groups use the astro at mcD.

The 19s play on the grass pitches up next to the golf course.

ainslie

Hibs under 19s used to play out at broxburn and the reserves at livi, Hearts played their reserves at Forthbank in Stirling, so it;s not unusual to use different grounds.

Whats going on??* Last year we seem to have daily reports on the progress of the youths especially the 14's and 17's - who were going great guns.* This year,* nearly silence.* How are the 15's getting on, what about the 16's.* There never seems to be any reports on the games.* I accept that the scores are not important - and shouldn't be published but some progress reports would be great.
This year 15's and 16's are doing well, if they both were playing for points both teams would up at top end of there leagues, been told saints will have to play in the performance set-up next season which then puts the lads against the top teams rangers,celtic etc which will be tough to start with but i'm sure with the good quality coaching they receive at saints they will do o.k.

If you are looking for fixtures results etc there is a website that post scores and fixtures for all spl.sfl youth games.

http://www.setbb.com/newsyff/index.php?mforum=newsyff

Edited by goldfinger

Under 19 squad lost 4-2 to Falkirk on Saturday and beat Hamilton 2-0 this afternoon at stirling univ.

Hamilton ended up with only 9 men and really are a disgrace the coach let some of them have it at half time and told one lad he was sick of all his shit every match, 30 mins later the boy got his marching orders.

a good 1-1 draw for the under 19s against Aberdeen today (Given the last time they played Aberdeen ran out 6-0 victors) it is a great result which shows the improvement they have made during the year.

And the fact that most of their under 19s are now in the first team.