Kenny Deuchar

dan loves saints

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the story online, but I have managed to get a copy of the Daily Star:

McInnes calls for a doctor

St Johnstone will this week tie up a deal to sign Kenny Deuchar from Hamilton.

The 28-year-old, who had a loan spell at McDiarmid Park when he was with Gretna, is expected to sign a 12-month contract with the First Division Champions.

'Doctor Goals' is out of contract at Hamilton and has decided he wants a fresh challenge and will spearhead Saints' SPL assault.

Deuchar moved to Accies in January from MLS side Real Salt Lake but failed to get a regular run of games.

Now Saints manager Derek McInnes is hoping he can find the goal touch he had coming up the leagues with Gretna.

McInnes has already signed Livingston pair Murray Davidson and Dave Mackay and - as Starsport revealed last week - he has made a £20,000 offer for Dunfermline keeper Paul Gallacher.

Out-of-contract Linfield goalie Alan Mannus is also on the Perth side's radar should they fail to land Gallacher, who is attracting interest from SPL rivals Motherwell.

a lot of 'ammies fans are saying he is really ****ing shite in the spl.

I was of the same opinion before his short spell with us. That was purely based on his performances against us, in which he was pants each time. However as soon as he pulled on the saints top, he seemed to be a star turn. I am excited by this signing (if its confirmed), will offer us a great upgrade to Homer.

would be a good signin gif true but i was rather hoping for someone newer and maybe someone younger. But the good Doc is still a great signing (if true) and hopefully will make as good an impact as before.

You were hoping for someone newer and younger?Not just better?

Great signing I would say.Bet Jackos hoping its true

It was in the Express as well but I think they may be sister papers. Hope it is true but it may just be his agent flying a kite to see if anyone else will bite.

If he signs he will not be a lone striker. It wouldn`t work.

but i was rather hoping for someone newer and maybe someone younger

hes only 28 thats no old, younger than savo

he would be a good singin type of player we need and unlike homer 10 goals in 14 league games is pretty prolific hopefully he finds that form again (if this is true)