#02 - 15/08/09 - Saints 2-2 Motherwell - SPL

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of bites today. Very odd given that the folks doing the biting are genuine fans.

I hate glory hunters. You either support Saints or you don't; you either make an effort or you don't. I can't suffer those that appear for Dundee/Rantic/Celgers/Flag Raising/Title winning.

I admit that my work sometimes takes priority over attending Saints matches, but I know that if I were McInnes/Brown that I would be chuffed with my efforts to support my team. The same cannot be said of many of the 3800 at McD on Saturday. If I came across as offensive, I sort of apologise; but it really boils my pee pee..

Can we get back to the title of the thread and away from one self opinionated fans view on fellow supporters. We should be encouraging folk to come along and not slagging folk off and calling them glory hunters. And the fact that this is coming from someone who was not even at the game is even worse. To quote 101 "that really boils my pee pee!!!!!!"

They are generally vulgar, noisy and rude (the old codger in front of me has to "fight" for his seat every time there's a big game. They make the most stupid of stupid comments. They laugh for no apparent reason and patronise every player they don't recognise.

Ghost of Jim Morton? :laugh:

Just watched the gemme on telly and have the following questions/observations:

Muzz' goal was a fluke.

A draw was a fair result.

Alzo could do nowt about the goals.

Gartland had his best game in a Saints shirt.

Davidson is totally over-rated. A forum favourite in extremis.

Only one clear cut chance in the first half was the shot that Ruddy saved on the line. Davidson had a chance on 41 but the ball from cup tie was poor.

Mackay was breached three times in the first half, Danny G was water tight. That changed in the second half - but Danny G remained the better of the full backs

Garters was unlucky to be booked for his tackle

Was Caff last man when he got his yellow?

Were both sets of subbies warming up at the south west corner?

Has the astro been removed from the west side touchline?

Was Irvine warming up at any point?

Sammy looked honking but showed committment.

These are from telly only so it is a very overview of the game.

Muzz' goal was a fluke. - Yip deflected shot took it over keeper.

A draw was a fair result. Yip

Alzo could do nowt about the goals - mmm, 1st goal positioning suspect

Gartland had his best game in a Saints shirt - Yip

Davidson is totally over-rated. A forum favourite in extremis - Not over-rated, but too quickly a favourite. He has only had 1 really good game. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon until I have seen it consistently.

Only one clear cut chance in the first half was the shot that Ruddy saved on the line. Davidson had a chance on 41 but the ball from cup tie was poor - I thought it bobbled and ended up behind Muzz. Deuchar also had a very good chance which he put past post.

Mackay was breached three times in the first half, Danny G was water tight. That changed in the second half - but Danny G remained the better of the full backs - yes.

Garters was unlucky to be booked for his tackle. No, cyncical pull of shirt?

Was Caff last man when he got his yellow? No. Covering player meeting. Gartland?

Were both sets of subbies warming up at the south west corner? Yes

Has the astro been removed from the west side touchline? Pass

Was Irvine warming up at any point? Cant say I noticed him

Sammy looked honking but showed committment - Difficult to come on to high tempo game. Should have scored

Muzz' goal was a fluke. - It didn't exactly happen perfectly in line with Davidsons execution, but it wasn't a fluke. Gallas goal against Celtic last night was a fluke.

A draw was a fair result. Disagree, thought Motherwell could have/should have snatched it.

Alzo could do nowt about the goals - Pretty much, both were fantastic goals. Main looked stranded, but couldn't really expect more.

Gartland had his best game in a Saints shirt - Yeah, probably, although its not a lot to judge on.

Davidson is totally over-rated. - No he isn't, for a club like St Johnstone, his performances so far have merited his praise. Over-rated? Tore Andre Flo mate.

Only one clear cut chance - Disagree. Savo had a good chance, Caffs header was an excellent chance.

Mackay was breached - MacKay looked a bit out of his element but I was impressed with Grainger. Don't get all this talk of him having no pace. Are we expecting our full-backs to run like Usain Bolt now?

Garters was unlucky to be booked for his tackle - Yes, a little unlucky, relative to the other yellow cards dished out in the game.

Was Caff last man when he got his yellow? - I don't think so.

Were both sets of subbies warming up at the south west corner? - Yes

Has the astro been removed from the west side touchline? - Didn't see.

Was Irvine warming up at any point? - Not that I saw.

Sammy looked honking but showed committment - Was ok. Had one shot that he guffed completely but otherwise don't remember much of his contribution.

Sammy looked honking but showed committment - Was ok. Had one shot that he guffed completely but otherwise don't remember much of his contribution.

I got the impression that when Sammy got his booking he was a bit worried that it might have been red - he was looking very worried when the ref went to his pocket and there was no protest at the yellow.

I got the impression that when Sammy got his booking he was a bit worried that it might have been red - he was looking very worried when the ref went to his pocket and there was no protest at the yellow.

It shouldn't even have been a booking. He was late to jump for the ball but there was no elbow or anything like that. He simply bumped shoulders with Hamill and because Sammy is pretty solid Hamill ended up crumpled in a heap. Funny? Yes. A booking? No.

Just watched the gemme on telly and have the following questions/observations:

Muzz' goal was a fluke.

A draw was a fair result.

Alzo could do nowt about the goals.

Gartland had his best game in a Saints shirt.

Davidson is totally over-rated. A forum favourite in extremis.

Only one clear cut chance in the first half was the shot that Ruddy saved on the line. Davidson had a chance on 41 but the ball from cup tie was poor.

Mackay was breached three times in the first half, Danny G was water tight. That changed in the second half - but Danny G remained the better of the full backs

Garters was unlucky to be booked for his tackle

Was Caff last man when he got his yellow?

Were both sets of subbies warming up at the south west corner?

Has the astro been removed from the west side touchline?

Was Irvine warming up at any point?

Sammy looked honking but showed committment.

These are from telly only so it is a very overview of the game.

Don't know why you bothered if you are going to pratt on like this!!

Yes, the astro is still on the west side and on the east side. They are there to allow the assistant referees to run up and down without slipping on wet grass or sand.

Thought you would have known that being such a super-fan and someone who appears to stay at McDiarmid Park :roll:

Muzz' goal was a fluke. - Lucky deflection maybe but I thought it was going over the keeper and in anyway.

A draw was a fair result. - Yes I agree.

Alzo could do nowt about the goals. - Positioning on 1st wasn't great but it was a great header so he might not have got near it anyway.

Gartland had his best game in a Saints shirt. - Agree.

Davidson is totally over-rated. A forum favourite in extremis. - Nah, he had an excellent game so only natural for folk to be excited about him.

Only one clear cut chance in the first half was the shot that Ruddy saved on the line. Davidson had a chance on 41 but the ball from cup tie was poor. - Deuchar had a good chance he didn't connect with.

Mackay was breached three times in the first half, Danny G was water tight. That changed in the second half - but Danny G remained the better of the full backs - Agree.

Garters was unlucky to be booked for his tackle - Cannae mind.

Was Caff last man when he got his yellow? - No there was cover but regardless it was too far out to be termed a genuine scoring chance.

Were both sets of subbies warming up at the south west corner? - Yes.

Has the astro been removed from the west side touchline? - Don't know.

Was Irvine warming up at any point? - I think so.

Sammy looked honking but showed committment. - Agree.

Don't know why you bothered if you are going to pratt on like this!!

Yes, the astro is still on the west side and on the east side. They are there to allow the assistant referees to run up and down without slipping on wet grass or sand.

Thought you would have known that being such a super-fan and someone who appears to stay at McDiarmid Park :roll:

Thanks for clarifying the astro query. The colour on the telly was poor and it looked like the astro had been lifted. The rest of your post is your usual immature nonsense. It appears that most folk so far agree with the points I've made.

Thanks for clarifying the astro query. The colour on the telly was poor and it looked like the astro had been lifted. The rest of your post is your usual immature nonsense. It appears that most folk so far agree with the points I've made.

FFS 101, can you not give this constant arguing a wee break man. And before you say it, I know it's a forum and it is all about peoples opinions and you are as entitled as the next guy to make yours but come on, ease off a bit. I also realise that if someone is disrespectful of your views that it is difficult not to respond (oh yes I get like that sometimes too) but be a bigger man occasionally and just ignore it. We are all in this together (or should be anyway) and it just gets a bit tedious sometimes. I am not saying for one minute that you should always be like this but lets try and cut each other a wee bit of slack..

'Mon the Saints..:wink:

And while I'm here, this is something I did for you.:laugh:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-d7e59291d05d098d544662f37ac4ccca.html

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

With regards to the astroturf point, I notice the linesman on the East Stand side had just abandoned it anyway, and was running half a yard on the pitch when the ball wasn't on his side.

On a pitch equipment related topic, don't you think we should have had new goalnets for our SPL return? The ones we have are sagging and have been patched up to an extend that you can see where it has been burst in the past. We should have got blue and white stripy numbers ;)

With regards to the astroturf point, I notice the linesman on the East Stand side had just abandoned it anyway, and was running half a yard on the pitch when the ball wasn't on his side.

On a pitch equipment related topic, don't you think we should have had new goalnets for our SPL return? The ones we have are sagging and have been patched up to an extend that you can see where it has been burst in the past. We should have got blue and white stripy numbers ;)

Saints Goal Net getting bust, now there is a controvesy! :wink:

They are generally vulgar, noisy and rude (the old codger in front of me has to "fight" for his seat every time there's a big game. They make the most stupid of stupid comments. They laugh for no apparent reason and patronise every player they don't recognise.

They patronise people... that must do your head in!!:roll: