MoM Awards - Rnd 3 - Celtic (a)

MoM vs Celtic  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Morris for me, thought Davidson was invisible in first 45 but came on to a good game. Hardie impressive but on too late to make a real difference.

The late sub Sheerin looked electric - is he from our youth development? He was turning the game round, shame the ref blew or we might have won 7-5

was gonna ask u if u thought it was too late for him to grab a hat-trick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millar played really well but some of jodys play wins it for me the pass he made for the morais chance early in the first half was top class

Samuel ran himself into the ground today aswell I just wish he would play like that everyweek

I personally think mackay deserves a mention wasn't one of our best players but he didn't do too badly

Edited by Bizz-Sjfc

Sammy for me. Worked his ass off and was rewarded with his brilliantly taken goal. Deserved better than to be on the receiving end of a heavy defeat.

Heard a couple of tic fans walking up the road after the game saying they'd take him in their team. They were really surprised when told Sammy doesn't get a regular game for us!

That's because he's a very inconsistent player. However, I think it's his time and he will shine for us this season. He's better on his own though.

That's because he's a very inconsistent player. However, I think it's his time and he will shine for us this season. He's better on his own though.

I hope you're right but I just can't see him being consistent enough. He's an ideal player for games where we'll be expected to have our backs against the wall as his speed will help us hit teams on the break.

Edited by NIPS

I hope you're right but I just can't see him being consistent. He's an ideal player for games where we'll be expected to have our backs against the wall as his speed will help us hit teams on the break.
Dont understand this at all. I would rather than ball was at his feet outside the box, than the other strikers. He doesnt shy from taking his man on and can hit a shot. Inconsistency is down to the fact he has never started more than 2 games on the bounce (please correct me if I am wrong)

To say that he is best in games when our back are against the wall is trollop. He is a great player counter attacking (should happen most games at one stage) and defenders are clearly paniced by him. Playing him out wide doesnt help, he is best through the middle.

To say that he is best in games when our back are against the wall is trollop. He is a great player counter attacking

Erm, bit of a contradiction there is it not? Unless I've misunderstood you? I think you may have misunderstood my post - I agree he is a great counter attacking player, which is why he'll be good for us when our backs are against the wall as he'll be a good outlet for the defence to punt the ball up to.

Edited by Dev

Erm, bit of a contradiction there is it not? Unless I've misunderstood you? I think you may have misunderstood my post - I agree he is a great counter attacking player, which is why he'll be good for us when our backs are against the wall as he'll be a good outlet for the defence to punt the ball up to.
Yes he is very good in these games but I dont think I have contradicted myself.

I was just trying to point out that, in my opinion, he is just as affective against the smaller sides who cannot cope with his pace and running at the heart of the team. Celtic had 3 men on him when he got the ball yesterday. Teams of a lesser ability could not sustain that type of physical drain for 90 mins.

Counter attacking is part of the game, for spells in the motherwell game, we were under the cosh.

The same will happen against Hearts.

What I dont understand is how people can say he is inconsistent when he is usually only ever given a bit-part to play. If he gets a run in the team he will deliver. Out of the 3 (fit) strikers he would be my first choice.

Edited by Dev

Yes he is very good in these games but I dont think I have contradicted myself.

I was just trying to point out that, in my opinion, he is just as affective against the smaller sides who cannot cope with his pace and running at the heart of the team. Celtic had 3 men on him when he got the ball yesterday. Teams of a lesser ability could not sustain that type of physical drain for 90 mins.

Counter attacking is part of the game, for spells in the motherwell game, we were under the cosh.

The same will happen against Hearts.

What I dont understand is how people can say he is inconsistent when he is usually only ever given a bit-part to play. If he gets a run in the team he will deliver. Out of the 3 (fit) strikers he would be my first choice.

Fair enough, the only ponit I would argue with is the bit about folk saying he's inconsistent. While your right in saying he has never really had a proper run in the team with us, he's had the reputation at his other clubs of being an inconsistent player - great on his day, but he has also been anonymous too often. Remember his (first?) season at Falkirk? Ripped Hearts apart in the up when he was on good form, but was unable to produce similar performances on a regular basis after that - especially once he went to the Arabs.

Fair enough, the only ponit I would argue with is the bit about folk saying he's inconsistent. While your right in saying he has never really had a proper run in the team with us, he's had the reputation at his other clubs of being an inconsistent player - great on his day, but he has also been anonymous too often. Remember his (first?) season at Falkirk? Ripped Hearts apart in the up when he was on good form, but was unable to produce similar performances on a regular basis after that - especially once he went to the Arabs.
Sure. I will always judge a player on his performances in a saints shirt not what he has been like at other clubs. You only need to look at Scotland (jason)

Guest ManWithNoName

I forgot how good Morris's run was for his goal,

It's still Sammy for me thought, he was running towards where Caldwell sent the ball before he actually passed the ball to Sammy. Well read!!

I forgot how good Morris's run was for his goal,

It's still Sammy for me thought, he was running towards where Caldwell sent the ball before he actually passed the ball to Sammy. Well read!!

They would make a great strike pairing. They have a telepathic understanding. :)