Transfer Deadline in 24 Hours

Radford 72

Anyone reckon we'll do any business in the next 24 hours? I think a number of SPL clubs will be scrambling around looking for a couple of players but I reckon McInnes will be quite happy with his lot. I still feel another striker could be required but maybe this funny treatment will do the business for MacDonald. Even then, that just leaves us with four strikers.

With it being confirmed that the Reserve League has gone, I'd imagine a few guys might go out on emergency loan but there's obviously no rush for that. That avenue isn't open to us in the SPL by the way, when the window closes, that is us but for free agents until the start of January.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What were his exact words? I was led to believe that he spoke about being "happy with what I've got" as opposed to no more signings. I expect a striker and I want us to offer Sammy a contract extension asap.

:shock: thought you werent keen on him after thon dundee game when he was a subbie

:shock: thought you werent keen on him after thon dundee game when he was a subbie

You have to use head over heart. I said that I would have sacked him and whatever he achieves here will always be tainted by that display of petulance. Irrespective, he is on fire at present and could easily command a transfer fee in January.

You have to use head over heart. I said that I would have sacked him and whatever he achieves here will always be tainted by that display of petulance. Irrespective, he is on fire at present and could easily command a transfer fee in January.
on two occasions on Saturday he also displayed a similar attitude. Just after being put through in the second half, he had given up while the ball was in play - that boils my piss and overshadowed what would have been a MoM display for me.

That said though, he would be one of my first picks (after jody of course :wink:) and accept that this flaw is why he is never going to be a top striker.

on two occasions on Saturday he also displayed a similar attitude. Just after being put through in the second half, he had given up while the ball was in play - that boils my piss and overshadowed what would have been a MoM display for me.

That said though, he would be one of my first picks (after jody of course :wink:) and accept that this flaw is why he is never going to be a top striker.

Aye but what he did at Dens was totally different. He simply decided that it was too late to be introduced and didn't try at any point in the game. He was introduced on 77 (IIRC) and I can't remember one bit of effort in that time. Actually dinnae get me started on him. I'm getting the rage again:twisted:

Don't know when peaso is due back, but I would like to see him go out on loan for around 6 weeks. He needs a run of games and some goals. A loan to a div.1 team with an option of recalling him is a good idea. I think milne, deuchar and sammy with morais if needed will do in the meantime. Anyway we need two youngsters on the bench and I think peaso will struggle to get in the squad.

Any idea when Rusty, Jacko and Peaso are back?

My old mans at a conference at mcD today, he just text me saying that Russel Anderson is at the stadium, we are attempting to secure a loan till January. :cool:

Fantastic! Was saying to a mate of mine that Russel Anderson is the sort of player that we need to shore up the defence. Nine goals in three games is a bit of a worry.