Scotland v Holland

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone fill me in as Im out the loop here, Scotlands last game is against Holland yeah? and the top 8 runners up go to playoffs. I notice Scotland have a poor goal difference so what is the scenario Scotland need to go through to the playoffs?
There are less teams in our group than there are in the other 8. Points obtained against the team in last place of the group are wiped for comparison. We are actually currently 6 or 7th in the list with one game to play.

See a great explanation/detail from Ronaldo in this thread

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=10900

There are less teams in our group than there are in the other 8. Points obtained against the team in last place of the group are wiped for comparison. We are actually currently 6 or 7th in the list with one game to play.

See a great explanation/detail from Ronaldo in this thread

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=10900

cheers mike! makes sense now.

Am I the only one that thinks there must be someone more deserving of a call up than Graeme Dorrans?

I think hes seemd alrite so far from the highlights i have seen - scored a couple goals as well.

Aslongs any of the guys play well and give it there all.

I think we will sneak a win tomorrow night!

We had to change our kick off time to coincide with Norway. Why isn`t it arranged that all teams play their final game on the same day at the same time.

Surely there is an advantage to the teams still to play in knowing what they have to do.

FIFA ballsed up in forgetting that the group games for our group finish tomorrow night, unlike the remaining 8 groups which finish next month. All games for next month will be ordered to kick off at the same time where the results matter as to who finishes first or second in the group. However, they seem to have forgotten that some teams will have played by the time other teams trying to qualify for the play-offs will have played and they may know what is required to avoid finishing 9th out of 9 (if Scotland are safe after tomorrow of course!)

nothing new, Burley said at lunchtime that they would not make a decision until tomorrow morning but as he went on to talk about it being a squad couple of games, and others ready to step in, it looks bleak........:cry:

Hmmm... Not great!

It looks like the SFA have decided not to attempt to appeal Faddy's yellow either, not sure they would have stood much chance anyway though.

I was looking forward to this game, although the closer it gets the more I fear an absolute hiding. You never know though, we might pull off another Parisian dream.:?

We can clinch a play-off spot tomorrow night with a win over Holland, because of Group 3's situation. If we win, we would require Northern Ireland to fail to beat Slovenia and Poland to draw their qualifier (with Slovakia I think) and it would leave the 2nd place team only able to have 12 points from their counting games, compared to our 13 points if we win tomorrow.

Might be worth a £1!

I have looked at the groups and remaining fixtures, Scotland can not afford to draw against Holland. 3 points verse the dutch and we ought to have reached the playoff.

Can we not strike a deal with the Dutch for these 3 points, such as we shall stock Heineken in every Scottish pub for the next two years? or we release all dutch prisoners from our jails and return them to the Netherlands? Im hoping Salmond and Smith are working hard at making their stay very pleasurable and we will have a good exchange.

I have looked at the groups and remaining fixtures, Scotland can not afford to draw against Holland. 3 points verse the dutch and we ought to have reached the playoff.

Can we not strike a deal with the Dutch for these 3 points, such as we shall stock Heineken in every Scottish pub for the next two years? or we release all dutch prisoners from our jails and return them to the Netherlands? Im hoping Salmond and Smith are working hard at making their stay very pleasurable and we will have a good exchange.

Dutch love the Scots, certainly hold is in much higher regard than our neighbours.

Striking a deal wouldnt be too hard to come by I suspect.

this will be another nearly made it story.getting a bit bored with the hard luck stories now.maybe just maybe one day we will make it to the euros/world cup again.
what gets me more is we should have been there. Ok, lets forget about the Olso masacre. We only need to look to the 0-0 Norway and 1-0 macedonia. A stone wall penalty, and an open goal miss would have had us there already!

Its great being Scottish.

1-0 tomorrow!

what gets me more is we should have been there. Ok, lets forget about the Olso masacre. We only need to look to the 0-0 Norway and 1-0 macedonia. A stone wall penalty, and an open goal miss would have had us there already!

Its great being Scottish.

1-0 tomorrow!

i would love it to be back at a major competition.we do so well then for some weird we blow it big style:roll:.

Even after a night in one of Amsterdams fine cafes, the dutch players would still lead us to the sword and kindly ask us to impale ourselves.

3-1 to the dutch. Don't really mind who gets their goals. Kenny Miller to nick a spectacular work-man like goal which cements him in the squad for the next dissapointing major tournament qualifying stages.

We can clinch a play-off spot tomorrow night with a win over Holland, because of Group 3's situation. If we win, we would require Northern Ireland to fail to beat Slovenia and Poland to draw their qualifier (with Slovakia I think) and it would leave the 2nd place team only able to have 12 points from their counting games, compared to our 13 points if we win tomorrow.

Might be worth a £1!

Northern Ireland are playing Slovakia and Poland Slovenia. I really think we can win tonight, i see Steven Naismith is playing what does everyone make of that?

Northern Ireland are playing Slovakia and Poland Slovenia. I really think we can win tonight, i see Steven Naismith is playing what does everyone make of that?

Looks like we have our stongest squad with what we have. I would have possibly preferd Kris Commons instead of Naismith, although Im unsure if he is fit?