Scotland v Holland

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burley made a few mistakes , not even sure I reckon on him myself, but if viewed directly against Saints last season over the same amount of games we should then have sacked Del? Is the secret to let the Scotland manager have the equivelant of a season full of games which we gave to Del and won the league?

I have to say to be fair to him if he picks Miller who is meant to be a top striker, paid a feckin fortune every week and he couldn't loft that one over the keeper what can he do?

Miller let Scotland down more than Burley tonight - so what happens to him?

Hard luck tonight. Weir may have done better at the goal but it was the only mistake he made over 2 games.

Naismith was probably our best player which was a surprise. Miller may have done better at the miss but he was unlucky with a couple of other chances.

Was Scott Brown playing?.Fletcher ran himself into the ground.Marshall did better than I thought he would. Why was our holding midfielder subbed ?.

Not sure if Burley should stay on but have to say we did not get one break during the whole campain.

I'd leave Burley in post for the sake of continuity but it won't happen. I think he'll have resigned before the weekend.

If you want to lay blame, look no further than the two who let their country down, Messrs Ferguson and McGregor.

Did they play in any of the games after their "incidents"........if they didnt they how can we blame them.

Gordon was Number 1........so Mcgregor wouldnt have played.

Ferguson was past his best and needed replacing.

So were they really at fault or are we adding them to a list of folk we want to blame for our failure to qualify ?

Much as its easy to put the boot in on Burley, he did at least get the team playing well in the last couple of games. However, I have always felt that although his managerial record is decent, he has lacked respect of the players, certianly compared to Smith and McLeish. If he goes, which i think would be for the best, i reckon Strachan, Levein or even Dalgleish (or all 3!) would be the best options as they have the experiance but can also command repect from players. I also felt that tonight we missed a player like (gulp!) Kris Boyd to get the finish on when we went forward.

Smith and Peat must go!

Agree 100%! Peat has been a disgrace the last week or so. Done nothing but slag people off which was of no help to the team at all, and Smith does not have a clue!

One man who would be great at the healm of the SFA......Geoff Brown! That would get a rocket up a few peoples arses!

Honestly, I couldn't care less. This campaign was a lost cause after the first game and progressively got worse.

And really, it's pontless to play the blame game. It's patently obvious that our game is in freefall and there are no signs of any iminent improvement. From top to bottom, our game is a shambles. Run by weak, bumbling beaurocrats, our league is filled with debt-ridden clubs and our TV money is a pittance compared to comparable leagues considering the amount of teams we regularly have in Europe.

Our players are unfit, unprofessional and tactically and technically inept. Any Scottish manager of player of any quality will scamper down south for big bucks, and any manager who could, or did, do a good job for Scotland instantly scampered at the first chance they could get.

There is no loyalty, no pride and no dignity in our national team and it really looks nothing short of a lost cause.

Edited by CynicalSaintee

Honestly, I couldn't care less. This campaign was a lost cause after the first game and progressively got worse.

And really, it's pontless to play the blame game. It's patently obvious that our game is in freefall and there are no signs of any iminent improvement. From top to bottom, our game is a shambles. Run by weak, bumbling beaurocrats, our league is filled with debt-ridden clubs and our TV money is a pittance compared to comparable leagues considering the amount of teams we regularly have in Europe.

Our players are unfit, unprofessional and tactically and technically inept. Any Scottish manager of player of any quality will scamper down south for big bucks, and any manager who could, or did, do a good job for Scotland instantly scampered at the first chance they could get.

There is no loyalty, no pride and no dignity in our national team and it really looks nothing short of a lost cause.

Couldnt have put it better myself - thats exactly the way it is :cry:

It'll be a classic Scottish tale of glorious failure as we conceed a late goal or miss out on goal difference.

Well done, that man.

There was a lassie in the Trades Arms last night who said to her mate "Scotland will be glorious losers". I turned around and told her "no, they'll be glorious failures, there's a massive difference!".

2 wins against Iceland, 1 at home against the mighty Macedonia, and a home draw against a poor Norway. Pathetic.

Edited by Noose76

Last night was the best night iv had at hampden and iv been to a fair few games!

The atmosphere was amazing, even at 1-0 down and the 90mins were up, the place was still singing away.

I said, aslong as we went out and tried our best that was good enough for me. I thought Scotland were great last night, i think Fletch has finally found his Scotland form, Naismith is now got to be more involved with the set up and we now have a decent sub keeper!

I think if you look at all the games leading up to last night, where it was lost. Starting with miss against Norway, then Kris boyd quitting on his country, Ferguson and McGregor up late drinking, why werent they told to go to bed? The Caldwell brothers getting it all wrong in norway and then Kenny miller missing good chances in many games.

We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, but last night i saw a young Scotland team play brilliant. I can't wait for the next game, onwards and upwards!

Choosing to play Macedonia in 100% afternoon heat.

bad ref decisions in that match too.

McCulloch deciding he doesn't want to play for his country

That miss against Norway

not bringing Boyd on against Norway

Boyd's reaction causing unrest in the squad

the boozegate scandal

The SFA's bad handling of the situation

Boyd & McCulloch's pathetic teamates reaction to their stupidity

Rangers's pathetic fans reacting by turning their back on Scotland

FIFA bringing forward the date of the Norway match

Ferguson's story the night before the crucial away match in Norway

the red card in Norway

Peat's untimely interview, shambolic

we come together as a team too late for the final 2 games.

not to mention Miller's misses in various matches.

The Scottish press have to take a good look at themselves in the way they love to sensationalise, they create disharmony and bad feeling also.

ALL IN ALL IT HAS TO GO DOWN AS AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES OF A CAMPAIGN FROM START TO FINISH, WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE TO BLAME, NOT JUST BURLEY.

There will probably never be another campaign again like it for so many things to go wrong, 99% of them our own doing.