Scotland v Holland

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's do as Darren Fletcher said "Get right in their faces" because let's face it they've qualified and they've got lucrative careers to think of e.g. Van Persie, Kuyt etc. so with a bit of luck or rub of the green we may make the play-offs.

Van Der Saar is unavailable in goal, I'm sure they've got someone who wants to be the main goalkeeper in South Africa though where they have a huge support who are strangely of a different colour (WHITE) to many of their mother country's players (BLACK). A bit like Britain really.

Edited by Ronaldo

I'm really downbeat about the game to be honest.

We were dire in the first half against Macedonia and only just got pass marks in the second. Holland will just be too strong.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but with our only real player capable of magic, McFadden, I can't see us getting anything.

As has been said, our best bet is to get stuck in and hope the Dutch don't fancy it.

I'd personally go for the following team-

Gordon in goals

Caldwell, Weir and McManus in a back three.

Hutton and Whittaker at wing-backs.

Hartley playing in a defensive midfield role, alongside Brown and Darren Fletcher in the middle.

Maloney in a free role (behind striker/ out wide either side- anywhere he can find a space and keep Holland guessing) with kenny Miller giving his all as usual!

have just did a bit of research, if your in the glasgow area you can pick them up on mon or tues from the secc ticketbox failing that from hampden on wed

yeah cheers for that, i found it on the p & b site, they have a ticket booth outside the west stand.

i couldnt find it on the sfa website and it didnt tell me when i ordered them online

not sure how we just got pass marks in the 1st half but anyway.....really buzzing about wed's game:) team wise i'd go with gordon, whittaker, mcmanus, weir, hutton, hartley, fletcher, brown, commons, s fletcher (behind) miller, so we'd be playing 4-1-3-1-1 but i'm no the manager and thats probably best for the nation.

I am really struggling to get motivated. I still feel like I have been hit by a bus after saturdays exploits.

Score draw the most likely outcome. We really lost it in the games against Norway but we still have to believe that it is possible.

I hope it is pissing down with wind and rain and give us a chance

Call me crazy but I'd drop Miller and bring in Gary O'Connor. We're not going to beat them with silky football so I'd get Maloney, Whittaker and Hutton getting down the wings and getting balls into a big guy in the middle.

Without McFadden I think we need to be as direct as possible and keep the pressure off the defence.

Call me crazy but I'd drop Miller and bring in Gary O'Connor. We're not going to beat them with silky football so I'd get Maloney, Whittaker and Hutton getting down the wings and getting balls into a big guy in the middle.

Without McFadden I think we need to be as direct as possible and keep the pressure off the defence.

Yeah id go with that as well, its going to be a set piece or a wonder goal if we can do it so get the big guy on!!

The crowd will have to be increadble as well, games against France holland and Italy the crowd have been amazingly loud and had an effect on the opposition, more of the same

Yeah id go with that as well, its going to be a set piece or a wonder goal if we can do it so get the big guy on!!

The crowd will have to be increadble as well, games against France holland and Italy the crowd have been amazingly loud and had an effect on the opposition, more of the same

The dutch have been on sky sports news this morning saying that they will be out to win, whilst I agree that they will put in a top notch performance when the noise levels will be like what they will be on Wednesday, it must affect them they dont have the added drive of qualification etc to spur them on.

My ears are still ringing from Saturday, it will be even louder on Wednesday.

Am I the only one that thinks there must be someone more deserving of a call up than Graeme Dorrans?

I think he is very deserving of his call up. He played very well for West Brom as a holding midfielder in the Premiership last season under Mowbray and has started the season in excellent form under Di Matteo in a bit more of an advanced role behind the strikers. He will turn out to be a very good player in the very near future for both club and country - I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for a bigger club in the next 12-18 months. A bargain at £50k!

I think he is very deserving of his call up. He played very well for West Brom as a holding midfielder in the Premiership last season under Mowbray and has started the season in excellent form under Di Matteo in a bit more of an advanced role behind the strikers. He will turn out to be a very good player in the very near future for both club and country - I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for a bigger club in the next 12-18 months. A bargain at £50k!

ADD SNODGRASS TO THAT TOO.

Bright future for both of them hopefully