2012/13 UEFA Europa League - St Johnstone

Shibbydoo

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be a pain (allright, no I don't), but how can you confirm this when we still don't know who we are playing and apparently the team drawn first can opt to play the away leg first?

Where do you get that from Phil? I don't think that's the case - at least, I've never heard of it before.

The UEFA Europa League 2012/13 Regulations can be downloaded here: Clicky!

These are the most relevant points to our situation:

UEFA Europa League matches are played on Thursdays (apart from the final). Exceptions to this rule may be set by the UEFA administration.

Kick-off time of the qualifying matches and play-offs

12.02 The home club fixes the kick-off time for all matches of the qualifying phase and the play-offs.

Confirmation of fixtures for the qualifying phase and play-offs

12.07 The venues, dates and kick-off times of all matches in the qualifying phase and the play-offs must be confirmed and communicated to the UEFA administration in writing by the associations of the clubs concerned by the deadline set by the UEFA administration. The UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kick-off times according to the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee. Failure to respect this provision may result in disciplinary measures.

Match dates and fixture reversals

12.08 The UEFA administration decides on match dates and fixture reversals on a case-by-case basis, according to the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee. The UEFA administration reserves the right to impose a match date in the event of clashes between domestic competition matches and matches in this competition.

Automatic reversals

12.09 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50 km (31 miles) of each other, are taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions

and/or play in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day, priority is given to UEFA Champions League matches and UEFA Europa League matches are reversed in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

Venues

12.10 In principle, a club must play all its matches in the competition at one and the same ground. Matches may be played either at the ground of the home club or at another ground in the same or another city within the territory of its association, or, if so decided by the UEFA administration and/or the UEFA disciplinary bodies, in the territory of another UEFA member association for reasons of safety or as a result of a disciplinary measure. In principle, venues are approved only if direct international flights and/or charter flights are able to land within an acceptable distance of the venue, in the country of the club concerned. If the match is being played in another city or country, the venue is subject to the approval of the UEFA administration.

Alternative venues

12.11 If, at any time during the season, the UEFA administration deems that, for whatever reason, some venues may not be fit for staging a match, UEFA may consult the associations and clubs concerned and ask them to propose an alternative venue, in accordance with the UEFA requirements. Should such an association and club not be able to propose an acceptable alternative venue by the deadline set by the UEFA administration, UEFA may select an alternative, neutral venue and make all the necessary arrangements for the staging of the match together with the relevant association and local authorities. In both cases, the costs of staging the match are borne by the home club. The UEFA administration takes the final decision on the match venue in due time.

Hate to be a pain (allright, no I don't), but how can you confirm this when we still don't know who we are playing and apparently the team drawn first can opt to play the away leg first?

This is what the club are confirming, give them a call and speak to them if you don't believe me...... :shock:

A big welcome to our Turkish posters who have come in to our Forum.

I am a Saints fan living in Athens, what is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get to the game ????

Sas efharisto :laugh: You know its summer time; many Turks going to Athens and Islands, therefore its not expensive. (18th June) Athents to IST and Return (20th June) is about 200 Euro. There is direct bus services from Airport to Eskisehir.

This is the Euro adventure that just keeps on giving........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18584872

East and West side of Turkey to different each other like black and white. No worries about anything :wink: Eskisehir is safetiest city in Turkey thats why many foreign people living here.

East and West side of Turkey to different each other like black and white. No worries about anything :wink: Eskisehir is safetiest city in Turkey thats why many foreign people living here.

That's good to know, looks pretty nice in the pictures as well. Looking forward to visiting.

PS you'll be able to spot Saints fans a mile off as most will be wearing Kilts and blue tops :)

Edited by Dev

Thanks for clearing up. Sorry for my ignorance!

Hope all the questions are cleared up soon regards venue etc

Hope this can mean some good friendships between Saints and Eskisehirspor.

I'm looking forward to drinking Tekirdag Raki again!!!

That's good to know, looks pretty nice in the pictures as well. Looking forward to visiting.

PS you'll be able to spot Saints fans a mile off as most will be wearing Kilts and blue tops :)

haha I can bet we'll easily able see you with kilts :D If is it possible, we can organize night for a both sides :cool:

Thanks for clearing up. Sorry for my ignorance!

Hope all the questions are cleared up soon regards venue etc

Hope this can mean some good friendships between Saints and Eskisehirspor.

I'm looking forward to drinking Tekirdag Raki again!!!

No problem mate ;) We've street of bars and many clubs you'll have much more than Tekirdag :)

I presume this takes about four hours ????

Depends on service and company, there're 10's of companies which has services between two cities, but average time 4-5 hours not more ;) Road is highway

A big welcome to our Turkish posters who have come in to our Forum.

I am a Saints fan living in Athens, what is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get to the game ????

from Athens? try Tiranna, then take to the hills and find your self a passer who will lent you a donkey (cheaper than diesel

Seems a board member of ours and our "sporting director" got together with some members of your board during the draw it looks like. The sporting director Zafer Tuzun is not liked by us supporters, he's a two faced former player :evil: (he's the only unprofessional douchebag without a tie in the pic)

AwU5wdMCEAE-_oV.jpg:medium