Saints Union Jack Flag

Dylan-Saints

As some of you may be aware at Tynecastle a few members of our support put a Union Jack flag up.It is a plain Blue Union Jack with 'St Johnstone' written along it.I believe this flag should not be seen at games again as it just takes us down to Old Firm standards.Saints are a SCOTTISH club and not a British club.The idiot who made this flag should be ashamed of himself for bringing the standards of the club down.Rant over

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seen that flag at motherwell and thought it was braw.its no a proper union flag with st j on it .its akin to the maroon hearts one and is a pale imitation of the union jack flag .i wonder what rangers ,airdrie ,and other ultra outrageous zealots think of our view of their flag.bet they feckers are spewing that there emblem has been changed.ha ha what a piss take .get a feckin life dude or a sense of humour.get real and take a ride on the fun side.

i seen that flag at motherwell and thought it was braw.its no a proper union flag with st j on it .its akin to the maroon hearts one and is a pale imitation of the union jack flag .i wonder what rangers ,airdrie ,and other ultra outrageous zealots think of our view of their flag.bet they feckers are spewing that there emblem has been changed.ha ha what a piss take .get a feckin life dude or a sense of humour.get real and take a ride on the fun side.

thats me how i see it.i would prefer the cross of st.andrew with a wee barossa st ,pack rule ya bass or a bridgend rumba (what happened tae that banner ?) on it but hey thats me.flags and feckin emblems eh?

:cool:

As some of you may be aware at Tynecastle a few members of our support put a Union Jack flag up.It is a plain Blue Union Jack with 'St Johnstone' written along it.I believe this flag should not be seen at games again as it just takes us down to Old Firm standards.Saints are a SCOTTISH club and not a British club.The idiot who made this flag should be ashamed of himself for bringing the standards of the club down.Rant over

Chill out pal... So what if a saintee see's himself as British, you see yourself as scottish, would you object if someone flew any other flag done in a similar way.

We're all saintees and that's what matters!

:cool:

I don't have a problem with the flag as there is no RED in it, Celtic fans used to have a green white and orange one in the 80,s which is the ultimate piss take , and Hibs fans have a two shades of green and white one.

exactly.

Saints are a Scottish and British club. chill the **** out and stop trying to make the club some sort of symbol of your own political beliefs. If you don't like the flag then take it down yourself or tell said "idiot" your opinions of him. Good luck on both fronts.

Alternatively, stick your see you jimmy hat on and only attend scotland games.

Totally agree.

To me there is nothing more cringe worthy then when folks sing Flower of Scotland against Rangers. Plays right in to there hands and a song that has nothing to do with Saints. I ve nothing against the song but keep it for Scotland games. Not everyone that supports Saints is an avid Scotland fan or even Scottish for that matter.

Just out interest, if you were so disgusted/ashamed/raging etc etc why did it take you month to post that?

Saints are a Scottish and British club. .

..are they? I must have missed that meeting. We registered to join the equivelant of the SFA in 1884 and have throughout our history been registered as a Scottish club via what is an independently constituted national association, affiliated to UEFA and FIFA. To my knowledge have never joined a British football association, although one of our former captains (Ron McKinven) briefly represented 'Britain' at the Olympics. He did so as an amateur and not as a professionally registered SJFC player. Every single piece of recorded evidence through licence, registration and contracted law-of-the-land indicates that St Johnstone are a Scottish club

......So don't use this forum to promote your personal political beliefs whilst pretending they are 'facts'. Back to your diddy Millwall forums (or Bristol Rovers or Bath Spa or whatever it is ) :) :) :)

Next.

Edited by soulfulsaint

Not bothered about the flag.It wouldnt have been my choice but the fact the guy got off his a*se and spent some dosh to show his love of our club has some merit.Had it been a union flag and not as described I would have been a lot less impressed.

Not bothered about the flag.It wouldnt have been my choice but the fact the guy got off his a*se and spent some dosh to show his love of our club has some merit.Had it been a union flag and not as described I would have been a lot less impressed.

i agree.

..are they? I must have missed that meeting. We registered to join the equivelant of the SFA in 1884 and have throughout our history been registered as a Scottish club via what is an independently constituted national association, affiliated to UEFA and FIFA. To my knowledge have never joined a British football association, although one of our former captains (Ron McKinven) briefly represented 'Britain' at the Olympics. He did so as an amateur and not as a professionally registered SJFC player. Every single piece of recorded evidence through licence, registration and contracted law-of-the-land indicates that St Johnstone are a Scottish club

......So don't use this forum to promote your personal political beliefs whilst pretending they are 'facts'. Back to your diddy Millwall forums (or Bristol Rovers or Bath Spa or whatever it is ) :) :) :)

As for the flag I told the guy at Parkhead I didn't like it but its personal taste not a massive scandal and certainly wouldn't fall out about it.

Next.

I'd say that by being a scottish registered club we are by default a British club. If it was a standard union flag that was being flown I'd maybe understand a little better due to the connotations in the context of Scottish football, but it's an all blue union flag in the shade of SJ blue. You'd think it was the Swastika based on the revulsion it causes some.

When you spoke to the man who owned it did he provide any sort of explanation for it?

HONESTLY -some people have too much time on their hands - is Jeremy Kyle not on tv today. Every person who attends any match has a right to display whatever he/she wants too (as long as its not offensive)

And lets face it Scottish/British is just the same, we are and always will be ruled by Westminster

Ah, grow up. Until further notice we are part of the UK and hence British.

Here we are, another bullying post against someone expressing an opinion on the forum. He's as entitled to make his point as the guy is to fly his flag. You might not agree with it but give the guy a break.

First seen in the Bullfrog in Mothersmell.Refused to get my picture taken under it

But before any one says it,was a personal choice.

Not overly upset about it, just not my thing, if folk support it then fill yer boots, i will still sleep tonight.

Saltire fly's in my back garden though

S. N. B