#15 - 07/11/09 - Aberdeen 2-1 Saints - SPL

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what end we wil be gettin and if they do student prices, just been on there website and £16 is a bit steep for a student if that is the price anbody know?

We will be in the South Stand. It says £22 and £16 for concessions, £9 for under 12s. Doesn't specify who other than OAPs will get concessions, but why don't you phone the ticket office and ask and then let the rest of us know.

i think we might start at ma camerons then tilted wig then old blackfriars

Switch the last two unless you want to be doubling back on yourself.

To be honest I'd ditch Ma's as it bang in the centre of town and not very likely to be full of football fans. From the station Blackfriars is about 5-10 mins walk towards the ground. Then the Tilted Wig or any of the numerous pubs on King Street will take you towards the ground.

Edited by tony_polster

I don't think so, pretty sure it's a home support only policy.. Saltoun Arms, East Neuk are where I normally see away fans milling about.

Thought it may have been.

I stay pretty close to the Saltoun Arms although never ventured in....it looks like its best avoided. Any opinions?

Not sure wether I can be bothered making the short walk up to Union street to walk back down to Pittodrie. Unfortunatley I can see myself being in The Bobbin for a pint, unless my scarf fits in my pocket whereby I'll probably go to The Pittrodrie bar.

Does anyone know what end we wil be gettin and if they do student prices, just been on there website and £16 is a bit steep for a student if that is the price anbody know?

Yeah, student gate is £16. I agree its a bit steep, but the rest of the prices are fairly reasonable.

PA reports Milne, McCaffrey, and McLean are all definitely out, with Collin Samuel facing a fitness test on a knee injury today. Anderson also remains doubtful with his toe injury. Johansson has been training despite a badly bruised eye after the stitches he received last weekend.

Based on that I'd expect Gartland and Ruti to form the central defensive partnership, with Grainger and Mackay at full back. Morris and Davidson are certain to be the central midfield pairing. I can't imagine Craig being dropped either. So only question marks are whether or not we go five in midfield or stick to 4-4-2. I'd prefer a 4-4-2 personally. In that scenario I'd imagine we'd go with Millar on the right, with Deuchar and either Sammy or JJ partnering him depending on Samuel's fitness.

No word on Morais or Swankie's fitness or otherwise.

In that scenario I'd imagine we'd go with Millar on the right, with Deuchar and either Sammy or JJ partnering him depending on Samuel's fitness.

The Press & Journal yesterday had Millar down as definitely starting and I think he will. I reckon will McInnes will be brave and go with the 4-4-2 suggested by several.

Smith

Mackay - Rutkiewicz - Gartland - Grainger

Millar - Davidson - Morris - Craig

Samuel - Deuchar

Subbies: Main, Anderson, Hardie, Morais/Swankie, Johannson, Reynolds + one other.

:laugh:from experience, thats when we are likely to shuffle the pack again.

Too true, unfortunately. :roll:

At risk of sounding like everyones favourite forum member if he drops Craig and Millar then what incentive is there for playing well? I suppose McInnes would say different horses for different courses but I feel the team that we had before Hardie came on last week is the way to start.

Gonna be a battle but if the players concentrate for 90 mins we can take something from the game.

COME ON SAINTS!!!

THE LAST TIME:

1st December 2001

Aberdeen 1 Saints 0

Saints: Miller, Kemble, McBride, Lynch, Murray, Lovenkrands, Dasovic, Hartley, Falconer, Russell, Connolly.

Aberdeen: Kjaer, McGuire, McNaughton, Whyte, Anderson, Mackie, Bisconti, Gunitveit, Winters, Zerouali, Thornley.

Scorer: Winters

Att: 17, 369

Look at the crowd!

Bet its not even close to that tomorrow.