Pre match Weareperth curry deal , Hearts 30Th January 2010

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any vids/photos of today? Guessing the pics done by the photographer at the start will be in Tuesday's PA.

I have some photos and couple of videos (mainly of GBRA and Tranmere) but just like last time with my video of allan moore swearing at the fanfest i have no idea how to post them :sad:

Biggest nan i,ve seen for ages.Well done all and thanks goastie for the ticket.

Same again soon i hope.Nice to meet the shefeild saints sc.Still feeling:oops:

Good to meet you 2 mate and your hungry little Saintee! Big thanks to Gus. Curry, entertainment and match well worth the trip.

Edited by StDuncM

Just so this does not get lost in this post, Kamal was delighted with yesterdays turnout and has now agreed that all saintees season ticket holders will receive a 10% discount on all purchases during February on production of your season ticket book. (caryouts included)

I thought the food was great yesterday and the service was also excellent. The haggis pakora is amazing and the piping hot nan breads were superb.

The reason we had a photographer along was Kamal was trying to create us a blue Korma and a blue pakora . The blue pakora didnt look quite right and the korma turned green not blue. We decided a green ruby would not be appropriate so we ditched the idea.

The blue and white drink had a shot of vodka in it and tasted great.

Everyone turned up that said they were coming ,that in itself was brilliant.DuncM is certainly a lucky charm ,that is the 3rd game this season against Hearts that he has travelled up from Sheffield for and we have picked up 7 pts from 9. You need to come up more often Dunc.

It was great to meet lots of other forumers ,by the time the beer was flowing I could have easily stayed in there all afternoon but I am glad I went to the game.

Stj.Main gave 6 of us a lift up the road and we went singing into the Muirton suite for another couple of beers. Thats the liveleist I have ever heard it in there! We are the curry boys ,we are the curry boys .STJ thanks for the lift.

I am glad we did it and we should do a bit more of this ,it was a lot of fun and we didnt even have a food fight! There could be another pre game get together in April which will have 150 spaces , if we can make it happen I will get info out asap.

What can I say that has not already been said, great food, great company and great craic.

The meal was absolutely fantastic. Loved the look of all the choices on offer, but didn't try them all, despite the full look of my plate on my visits to the servery.

The Haggis pakora gets a special mention and is now one of my top starter choices, very nice indeed.

It was great to put faces to more names on WAP.

Kamal and all his staff at Odesi did us proud. I personally thanked him before I left and informed him that I would most definitely be back again to sample more of the same.

I would also like to go on record and thank Ginger Baker again for setting this up. Each of the initiatives that GB has instigated through WAP has received a great response, bringing supporters together in various different ways and this one was the Tastiest yet:wink: and look forward to the next one.

Edited by PERTHPOWER

I popped in and had a coffee with Kamal at tea time tonight.

He was delighted with Saturday and said he met loads of really nice saints fans. He is going to get a copy of the PA photos and get them up on the wall in the restaurant.

Pictures should be in the pa on Friday. Remember it's 10% off through February for all saintees season ticket holders.

Sorry its taken so long - think I've only just recovered from the weekends events, I'm getting old! :oops:

As has been said numerous times already great effort Ginger Baker, a fantastic event that ran seemlessly! :mrgreen:

Was good to meet up with more forumers, hopefully catch up with the Edinburgh mob in Glasgow and I'm sure plenty others too.

The boy Kamal is a legend - one of our group pointed out that he looked a lot like Morais, I can see what he was talking about, anyone else?