#25 - 30/01/10 - Saints 1-0 Hearts - SPL

Real these scottish and southern men look like they are impersonating fireman.

A good result today in what was never going to be a classic. It is, however, winning these games that keep you in the SPL.

A very young side as well. Is there anyone over 30 in that starting 11? Thought Murray and Mooner worked well in the midfield but just missed taht wee bit extra that Jody adds.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we should have made more of it before the break - Dev said to me at half time that if we'd been a bit more clever we'd have taken advantage of the space Hearts were giving us, and that was pretty much spot on. Unbelievable amounts of time that Morais in particular were getting in the middle of the park.

Great finish by Deuchar to a great move by Morais - whose pass was spot on - and Grainger who provided a great cross.

Hearts should have scored at the death (well over the allotted injury time, even taking into account our sub), but it would have been totally undeserved.

Ref had a quiet, easy ride of things in the first half - yet unbelievably booked three Saints players in the second. Davidson booked for alleged persistent fouling - although I can't really remember him conceding a free kick before his booking. Gartland booked for who knows what - I certainly don't. Millar's booking probably deserved - but what about, for example, that handball just outside the box by a Hearts player when the ball was travelling to a Saints player in a good position?

Great to see Deuchar get that goal, let's hope there's plenty more to follow. He seems to be tracking back a lot more angetting stuck in. Had a few good tackles against Celtic too.

Davidson strolled it today and really got wired in, Mooner was good but tended to loose a lot of possesion.

That is yet another poor quality team however and we need to learn to killl them off.

Good three points though...

Had to keep reminding myself it wasn't Morton we were playing - Hearts were dire and it should have been over by half-time. Good three point all the same

Guid three points and nice to see us continue to play football when we took the lead. Praise of Davidson is OTT but he certainly played well. Incredible decision to have Sheerin on the bench when Swankie and May were available. Referee was brilliant in the first and awful in the second. Savo is desperate for a goal. Despite today's result. I can't agree with McInnes keeping Peaso for Wednesday. Next saturday's game is more important than Wednesday; much more money involved in the Scottish and we know we can beat the Arabs. Still, I'm a happy man tonight

You can't help yourself with Murray and Del can you :)

Maybe Sheerin was on the bench and got the last minute today cause he will be on his way elsewhere come Monday???

I think you have to accept Swankie is not in Dels plans, like Sheerin I suspect he will be heading out the exit door shortly.

delighted with the 3 points, scrappy game i thought but thought we were always the better team and controlled most of it, created a good few chances and should of had the game wrapped up.

irvine did well, really hope he picks it up from here on.

murray d done well, thought he was the driving force behind us in the attack and felt at times he was the difference between the 2 teams going forward.

dont know what millar was playing at the day. disappointed again with sheridan.

savo should be ashamed of himself for that dive in the box near the end, truly awful stuff to see

You can't help yourself with Murray and Del can you :)

Maybe Sheerin was on the bench and got the last minute today cause he will be on his way elsewhere come Monday???

I think you have to accept Swankie is not in Dels plans, like Sheerin I suspect he will be heading out the exit door shortly.

No place in football for sentimentality. Sheerin has been a great servant but he is not deserving of a place on the bench. Swankie is clearly not rated by Del but he and May (who I mentioned in my initial post) are miles better options than Sheerin.

As for Del, I thought he got most things right today....for a change

delighted with the 3 points, scrappy game i thought but thought we were always the better team and controlled most of it, created a good few chances and should of had the game wrapped up.

irvine did well, really hope he picks it up from here on.

murray d done well, thought he was the driving force behind us in the attack and felt at times he was the difference between the 2 teams going forward.

dont know what millar was playing at the day. disappointed again with sheridan.

savo should be ashamed of himself for that dive in the box near the end, truly awful stuff to see

Millar was good.

Cillian is crap, but we knew that when he signed.

Savo is really down on confidence; but sshhh, I'm not allowed to say it:laugh:

No place in football for sentimentality. Sheerin has been a great servant but he is not deserving of a place on the bench. Swankie is clearly not rated by Del but he and May (who I mentioned in my initial post) are miles better options than Sheerin.

As for Del, I thought he got most things right today....for a change

Not sentmentality, good man management.

Millar was good.

Cillian is crap, but we knew that when he signed.

Savo is really down on confidence; but sshhh, I'm not allowed to say it:laugh:

imo millar was poor, in recent games he has been good but not today.

i dont give a shit if savo is low on confidence or not, he threw himself to the ground and he should be well and truly ashamed of what he did, i hope del boots his arse but i doubt anything will be said

Wasn't the most exciting of games but thought we controlled it. Hearts were really average. Irvine played well (telt yeez'). Delighted for Deuchar getting his first SPL goal! Oh it's good to be a Saintee!

Irvine was brilliant again. Those dicks that were spouting crap about him midweek, can spend the rest of the weekend getting over themselves.

I don't think it was particularly bad, but I was having an off-game today so I'm prepared to be wrong and apologise once the vids are online! Del will not condone diving in private. He has a very high standard of integrity.

as will i if i am wrong but cheating is cheating, doesnt matter how bad it is.

Could ot get the win, but i fought the ref was shocking today. How the hell can the hearts play not get book for taking Murray down from behind off the ball, and does even get talked to for it. Then Murray gets booked for a fair tackle. Also feel sorry for gartland for getting booked for Stewart diving.

Good all-round performance today although finishing was poor at times. Midfield all did their bit - Davidson looked a lot sharper and hungrier and the back (both Irvine and Grainger) were a lot better coming forward.

I'll reserve judgement on sheridan as I don't think he's fully fit but well chuffed for the Doc.

But just how sh*t are Hearts? Midden should cruise their semi going by today.