#25 - 30/01/10 - Saints 1-0 Hearts - SPL

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is, and i know he isnt thats why i was so shocked to see him go down the way he did.

michael stewart is a greetin faced c**t, did he get gartland booked?

Apparantly so. Our biggest failing today was that we didn't rile Ginger Mickey enough. Mooner and Davidson are both extremely good at harrying and nipping, yet neither seemed to be interested in hustling the prick.

Apparantly so. Our biggest failing today was that we didn't rile Ginger Mickey enough. Mooner and Davidson are both extremely good at harrying and nipping, yet neither seemed to be interested in hustling the prick.

aye, they should got stuck in about him but he wasnt any good today anyway so we we're let off a bit

It would have been great to see him walk.

oh yeah, every team should tear in about him, his temper is huge oppurtunity for every team to get a big advantage in the match.

nuggets, i seen the linesman signal the ref over and all that, just wondered if anything happened between the 2, thanks.

I don't think Irvine is a poor defender with poor positional sense, but I do think he wasn't at his best on Wednesday. Today was probably his best in a Saints shirt this season and maybe he just needed the run of games to solidify himself in the team again. Keep it going Gary.

I don't think Irvine is a poor defender with poor positional sense, but I do think he wasn't at his best on Wednesday. Today was probably his best in a Saints shirt this season and maybe he just needed the run of games to solidify himself in the team again. Keep it going Gary.
Agreed and maybe also like one or two others who played better than normal, he wasnt up against much

Irvine was brilliant again. Those dicks that were spouting crap about him midweek, can spend the rest of the weekend getting over themselves.

He had a good second half but even then he dived in lots of times. Heart in mouth stuff. He did better because he tried to defend today not attack but still cant do the basics.

If you said that Irvine is a poor full-back who has poor positioning, then I am. I didn't read much of the thread. The only person talking any sense was Honest Saints Fan, who is a full-back.

Irvine's a good player, he needs competitive game time to build his confidence. He should improve week by week at this level, I'd imagine he'll get better playing against better wingers every week

oh yeah, every team should tear in about him, his temper is huge oppurtunity for every team to get a big advantage in the match.

nuggets, i seen the linesman signal the ref over and all that, just wondered if anything happened between the 2, thanks.

No worrys saintj

No real failures in a decent performance that lasted 90 minutes for a change.Thought the midfield four were all good,with Mooner probably the least impressive,the back four were rarely second best.Savo probably should've had a goal,but he worked tirelessly and layed one on a plate for Sheridan,but he was sleeping and attacked the box too late.So far can't believe Del's got a clone of Deuchs, in Sheridan,neither look spl standard.Great 3 points with the other results all going our way too!

Hearts fans seem a bit down here's an early match report:

http://hearts.theoffside.com/spl/not-the-best-start-for-jefferies-at-hearts.html

Thought there would have been a bigger turn out from the Hearts support today and I was surprised they were as quiet right from the start ,after all, god was back at the helm.Maybe Jim isn't as popular as we would imagine or perhaps they wont be happy until Romanov goes.

Today was the first time he got the ball so far this season and if he misses we are up shit creek. Good defenders dont dive in. They stand and hold the attacker up.

I don't agree. Irvine's always been a great tackler and has saved us many points with his last ditch tackles, today was no exception. His issue at the start of the season was that he lacked the timing of the tackle and threw himself in too early, leaving us exposed. Today his tackles were timed to absolute perfection.

I don't agree. Irvine's always been a great tackler and has saved us many points with his last ditch tackles, today was no exception. His issue at the start of the season was that he lacked the timing of the tackle and threw himself in too early, leaving us exposed. Today his tackles were timed to absolute perfection.

You have actually just said what I was saying. He did get it right today but it was the first time since he came back into the team. The problem is is that it is a very high risk strategy.

Someone said his positioning is good but once today he ended up at left back after a corner. Another time Mackay came across to cover and its basic for a full back to then tuck in to cover the centre back but irvine went to lend a hand. However all of that was in the first half and credit it where its due he had a good second half. I just hope the improvement continues.

Solid performance, job done, 3 points in the bag. Not the best game ever but I care not this evening. Hearts had next to nothing going forward and frankly were shite, although I thought for a split second they were gonna mug us for a point at the death..Well done Gary Irvine :wink: A great display today and 100% improvement on his Tannadice showing

Great to see the Doc break his drought and even better to see how much he enjoyed it. Moon and Muzz were top class but Millar had a poor game by his standards and I was a bit disappointed Del never removed him in the second half.. I hope Sheridan is just not match fit because if he is, then he's not very good:wink: We created a few good chances but just lacked the killer touch once again..Savos goals will come though:D

Ref was pretty pish and failed to book any off the Jambos who were kicking lumps out of Muzz yet deemed it okay to then book Muzz for a pretty inocuous challenge. Gartland got booked for a sly trip on that wanker Stewart and to be fair to Norris, that was a correct decision but a lot of his decisions including the throw in to Hearts at the death which clearly came of the Hearts player (and he was standing no more than a yard away) were just awful..

Solid performance, job done, 3 points in the bag. Not the best game ever but I care not this evening. Hearts had next to nothing going forward and frankly were shite, although I thought for a split second they were gonna mug us for a point at the death..Well done Gary Irvine :wink: A great display today and 100% improvement on his Tannadice showing

Great to see the Doc break his drought and even better to see how much he enjoyed it. Moon and Muzz were top class but Millar had a poor game by his standards and I was a bit disappointed Del never removed him in the second half.. I hope Sheridan is just not match fit because if he is, then he's not very good:wink: We created a few good chances but just lacked the killer touch once again..Savos goals will come though:D

Ref was pretty pish and failed to book any off the Jambos who were kicking lumps out of Muzz yet deemed it okay to then book Muzz for a pretty inocuous challenge. Gartland got booked for a sly trip on that wanker Stewart and to be fair to Norris, that was a correct decision but a lot of his decisions including the throw in to Hearts at the death which clearly came of the Hearts player (and he was standing no more than a yard away) were just awful..

The East Stand linesman was an utter cock.

You have actually just said what I was saying. He did get it right today but it was the first time since he came back into the team. The problem is is that it is a very high risk strategy.

Someone said his positioning is good but once today he ended up at left back after a corner. Another time Mackay came across to cover and its basic for a full back to then tuck in to cover the centre back but irvine went to lend a hand. However all of that was in the first half and credit it where its due he had a good second half. I just hope the improvement continues.

Oh yeah. Och well, glad we agree on today, at least!