I thought 'reserved' stickers on seats were for Season Ticket holders?

Agree. One of the advantages of having a season ticket is that you know you can turn up with ten minutes to spare and be guaranteed your seat.

The official position re cup games that are pay at the gate is that if you have a season ticket you are entitled to sit in your usual seat.

Its an interesting stance considering that they cant even guarantee the season ticket holder admission in that stand, so struggle to see how we are are entitled to that seat. :confused:

Obviously we cant sell out our stand in a cup game so its not an issue, but nonetheless a contradictory statement by club if true

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official position re cup games that are pay at the gate is that if you have a season ticket you are entitled to sit in your usual seat.

Mr Duff also stated that even for pay at the gate cup games the preferred scenario would be for reserved seats to be left empty for their season ticket holders.

Slight difference in the wording being used there. For a pay at the gate cup game it should really be first come first choice at a seat. Don't think I would move if someone claimed to have a season ticket for a seat at a non season ticketed match.

Slight difference in the wording being used there. For a pay at the gate cup game it should really be first come first choice at a seat. Don't think I would move if someone claimed to have a season ticket for a seat at a non season ticketed match.

Jimmy Wallace is quite correct.

I was using WAP poster's poetic licence.:wink:

• 4 months later...

Tonight I had to ask someone to move for the first time. On Saturday there was a sticker on my wee lads seat, tonight it was gone.

On leaving the stadium I noticed lots of newly placed "Reserved" stickers hanging off the seats. I dont know if they are poor quality or they simply havent been pushed on hard enough - eitherway one of mine has gone. I will phone the club tomorrow to see if mine can be fixed but I would advise everyone to have a look at theirs on Saturday and reapply if necessary.

There was someone in 1 of ours tonight. There was only 2/3 of us there, so we left it, but there was definitely reserved stickers on them. Were people unaware tonight was a season-ticket game, or just fancied sitting in our seats anyway? I know the seats next to mine (two of which this family occupied) are also reserved.

Sat on my new season ticket seat tonight, moved a bit more central as I was fed up of listening to the world's most uneducted football fan last season towards the scoreboard.

Good view of the game, etc. I thought great good seats, no loud mouthed idiots near me. Great. . . . . . .then 15 minutes into the game comes the loudest kid (bowt 9 year old) you've ever seen with his grandad. This kid must of been on something, he was mental! Let the new season commence! Haha

Sat on my new season ticket seat tonight, moved a bit more central as I was fed up of listening to the world's most uneducted football fan last season towards the scoreboard.

Good view of the game, etc. I thought great good seats, no loud mouthed idiots near me. Great. . . . . . .then 15 minutes into the game comes the loudest kid (bowt 9 year old) you've ever seen with his grandad. This kid must of been on something, he was mental! Let the new season commence! Haha

You must have moved from roughly beside where I was (beside exit at north end of east stand) to roughly where I am now (just behind the next exit towards middle of stand) - as that was exactly what I was thinking last night!

Tonight I had to ask someone to move for the first time. On Saturday there was a sticker on my wee lads seat, tonight it was gone.

On leaving the stadium I noticed lots of newly placed "Reserved" stickers hanging off the seats. I dont know if they are poor quality or they simply havent been pushed on hard enough - eitherway one of mine has gone. I will phone the club tomorrow to see if mine can be fixed but I would advise everyone to have a look at theirs on Saturday and reapply if necessary.

10mm spanner and Phillips screwdriver- and take your seat home - sorted.

You must have moved from roughly beside where I was (beside exit at north end of east stand) to roughly where I am now (just behind the next exit towards middle of stand) - as that was exactly what I was thinking last night!

Wanna know the best bit? The guy you note to avoid wasn't at either game!

Yeah thats right. I found the chap rather amusing at first but a season really began to grate on you. I thought some of the things he shouted were him having a laugh, but no he was for real.

When I went to get my ticket changed this season, I forgot to take note of my old seat. When the lady in the office asked where I sat the only thing I could think to say was "near an idiot!". Gave them a laugh! :D

Just managed to get my little cousin into the football and convinced him Saints were the team to support. First season he has had a season ticket and I'm praying he doesn't have to sit right next to that kid all season. Drive the poor lad nuts! :laugh: