Pre Match Music

Invernessaint

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but is it just me or does the extremely loud pre match music and announcements these days kill the atmosphere in grounds? Yesterday as the teams were coming out dance music was playing and drowned out both sets of fans. I feel the same happens at McD and when there is a big crowd with a large away support there is very little pre match singing to help build the atmosphere.

Perhaps its just me getting old but does anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that, we spoke about that yesterday and agreed that the louder the better man!! The tannoy's too quiet at our home games. Gets you right pumped up for it :)

I will crank it up further if you wish but the speakers distort quite easily when I do. The manager and the club have asked for 'up-beat high-energy' music from 30 minutes before k/o so that is what you get.

MODS, if you want to move this to my Matchday Music forum then feel free

Kevin, I am never in the ground early but the half-time music is so lack lustre. I agree it needs to be pumped up a bit which would help create a bit of atmosphere. Hearing lively music tends to give people a bit of a lift. We could learn a lot from places like Easter Road, Tynecastle and East End Park. Also, why not make more of an event of the Half-Time Draw - it might encourage more people to buy a ticket. Just offering a couple of suggestions.

i'd be looking for some real good tunes to hype up the fans and as the players are getting ready to kick off, we sing an anthem, similar to celtics youl never walk alone,

maybe even a couple of verses of the slow version of when the saints go marching in, and when singing it slow we have all our scarves stretched out above us and as the song gets quicker we start waving the scarfs in circles,

a full east stand of that would look great!

is there any local bands that could maybe record such a version to get the whole crowd going?

i'd be looking for some real good tunes to hype up the fans and as the players are getting ready to kick off, we sing an anthem, similar to celtics youl never walk alone,

maybe even a couple of verses of the slow version of when the saints go marching in, and when singing it slow we have all our scarves stretched out above us and as the song gets quicker we start waving the scarfs in circles,

a full east stand of that would look great!

is there any local bands that could maybe record such a version to get the whole crowd going?

Sorry mate, I don't mean to be negative but most people that even sing in the East stand are still navigating their way to their seats before kick-off due to being in the 208 or Muirton suite as late as possible. Just can't ever see it happening.

Sorry mate, I don't mean to be negative but most people that even sing in the East stand are still navigating their way to their seats before kick-off due to being in the 208 or Muirton suite as late as possible. Just can't ever see it happening.

tbh dougie,

every other spl ground only fills up at kick off aswell,

when i went to easter road a few week back, 5 minutes before kick off i was saying how poor an attendance they had, and by kick off, the stadium was full,

the pre match music isnt as essential, but if we had an anthem where all saints fans would sing at kick off, it would hopefully inspire people to get to their seats by k.o and create a great atmosphere.

tbh dougie,

every other spl ground only fills up at kick off aswell,

when i went to easter road a few week back, 5 minutes before kick off i was saying how poor an attendance they had, and by kick off, the stadium was full,

the pre match music isnt as essential, but if we had an anthem where all saints fans would sing at kick off, it would hopefully inspire people to get to their seats by k.o and create a great atmosphere.

Yeah, I'm not denining it would be a great atmosphere but I just can't see it happening before kick-off. A minute or so after kick-off may work better.

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but is it just me or does the extremely loud pre match music and announcements these days kill the atmosphere in grounds? Yesterday as the teams were coming out dance music was playing and drowned out both sets of fans. I feel the same happens at McD and when there is a big crowd with a large away support there is very little pre match singing to help build the atmosphere.

Perhaps its just me getting old but does anyone else feel this way?

You are kidding right!?Are you in the East? I think the sound system in the East is very low sometimes, needs pumped up in my opinion.

but if we had an anthem where all saints fans would sing at kick off, it would hopefully inspire people to get to their seats by k.o and create a great atmosphere.

I think that you will find that happens when we play The Liquidator, just before kick-off too :shock::wink:

I think that you will find that happens when we play The Liquidator, just before kick-off too :shock::wink:

is that the "clap clap clap clap perth saints" song?

with reagards to that although that 10 second piece works well, would you not rather have a song where fans will know all the words or can contribute a bit more to the song?

im not wanting to look as a negative fan here, just giving my opinion,

so a recorded version of a slow "saints go marching in" played in replacement of the liquidiser would be ideal.

and in reply to the post about when to play the song, incase i didnt make my point of when to play it, it would be just as kick off is happening.

Anyone else think Falkirks beats yesterday were truly awful.

To be honest, my initial thought was that we really miss this type of thing at McD. It seemed like falkirk had a hell of a sound system and, fair doos, it might not be everybodys cup of tea but the music really got a few of us fired up for the game right before kick off.

Shame the game was dire in terms of sexy football though.

Good effort tonight, Kevin. Keep up the good work.

When you have to stand right next to the person you are talking to and shout in each other's ear in order to be heard, then the music's too loud.

The music was too loud tonight, Kevin. Turn it doon.

It adds nothing to the match atmosphere. I've told you this before.

You're not listening. Still. Perhaps you never will.

:laugh:

Pre-match and post-goal music is the scurge of modern day football. Happy clappy load of bollocks and it needs knocked on the head, except for maybe 1 playing of The Liquidator. Nothing I hate more than obnoxious music blaring out when the teams scored and you're trying to savour the moment.

Pre-match and post-goal music is the scurge of modern day football. Happy clappy load of bollocks and it needs knocked on the head, except for maybe 1 playing of The Liquidator. Nothing I hate more than obnoxious music blaring out when the teams scored and you're trying to savour the moment.

I have to agree with you to be honest. I don't mid tunes before kick-off or at Half time, but like you I can't stand music blaring when someone scores. It just sounds so amature. Get it stopped