St Johnstone vs Manchester Utd - 31st July 2010 - Alan Main testimonial

bigstu

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what kind of team they will be sending, they play a MLS Allstars team on the 28th of July in Kansas. Doubt if they will be busting a gut to get over to Perth from there. Probably a good chance to see some of their younger players that they hope will breakthrough though.

edit to add the following from the Man U website

"Two days later, as already announced, the squad will play the Club’s first ever match in Mexico to open Chivas’ new 45,000 seat stadium in Guadalajara."

Great news, should hopefully lead to a good crowd and a fun day in the sun!

Obviously it's going to be a 'Man Utd XI', the club wrap up their tour of the states on the 28th, then play Chivas in Mexico on the 30th, but I wondered if the committee had any indication of any bigger names we might see? and the limited chance of Sir Alex being there?

On the Saints side of things, I'd love to see some cameo appearances from some of the Saints legends who have played with Alan along the way.

It does say there will be reckognisable names, which probably means some of the older guys may well play, Gary Neville anyone, always wanted to see him play.

ooh yes please!! he`s a class act:cool:

Always wanted to launch a pie at him

I second that one, a terrible over cooked inedible pie though ;)

< he`s over there < if any of you two think your hard enough:twisted:

really looking forward to this game, hopefully saints will get a win this time though! friendly or not, it will be a nice result to put in the record books:cool:

If yous did..would look bad on the club..and put a damper on alains testy..its non competion match..ken yous are no serious..but there might be a nugget thinking of really doing so..we have one of the best teams in the world..gracing our modest club..should be flower petals thrown at them..recieving them with the best hospitalty all round..same gose for any of their fans

Away, they are a football team not the prophet mohammed or Jebus Christ!!

Treat them like any other club.

Full Stadium?
No chance couldnt even fill it when we were winning the league. Be very lucky to get 5k I would have thought.

If it was going to be the Man U first Team then sure but people will quickly recognise it for what its is and decide not too.

Reduced Admission with a traditional summer kick off time will help though

No chance couldnt even fill it when we were winning the league. Be very lucky to get 5k I would have thought.

If it was going to be the Man U first Team then sure but people will quickly recognise it for what its is and decide not too.

not think alot of 'Man U' fans will be watching there team for the first time:oops:

You'd be surprised Mike. I went to Broadwood when Man Utd played there in 2005 and it was a full house.

There won't be any more Saints fans there that at any normal game, but the fact it's Manchester United will bring a lot of neutrals and so-called Man Utd 'fans' along from all over. There's probably more Man Utd 'fans' than Saints supporters in Perth and the surrounding areas sadly, and I think we'll see a crowd of at least 5000.

I'm surprised it's not all-ticket.