#02 - 21/08/10 - Saints 0-1 Aberdeen - SPL

Gonna be interesting to see who we have left in defence for this one. As has been discussed elsewhere, there is sure to be a big travelling support so we need to get as many of our fans into the ground and get right behind the team just like we did yesterday..

Team wise , no point in worrying about it yet until we see who is in and who is out but I suspect there will be a good few forced changes..

I would still like to see a different forward pairing though as Haber and Parkin seem to similar in many respects..

Hopefully the Dons 4-0 humping of the Ammies was either a flash in the pan or because Hamilton are just rank rotten...

Only Sunday and I am looking forward to this one already. The only conundrum may be whether to abuse Hartley or not.. My feelings are that I will not but that may change:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be interesting to see who we have left in defence for this one. As has been discussed elsewhere, there is sure to be a big travelling support so we need to get as many of our fans into the ground and get right behind the team just like we did yesterday..

Team wise , no point in worrying about it yet until we see who is in and who is out but I suspect there will be a good few forced changes..

I would still like to see a different forward pairing though as Haber and Parkin seem to similar in many respects..

Hopefully the Dons 4-0 humping of the Ammies was either a flash in the pan or because Hamilton are just rank rotten...

Only Sunday and I am looking forward to this one already. The only conundrum may be whether to abuse Hartley or not.. My feelings are that I will not but that may change:laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh yes you will

Ithink that they would sell if the money was right Scobby.

Dundee are in a mess just now and I doubt that they could have come up with

much of a bid.My point earlier was that i fear we may not be be in a posttion

to come up with what they are looking for either.

I agree every player has his price, not sure if we have the cash to tempt QOTS mind you.

The defensive coverage for the next few games is a real dilema. It would appear that Grainger will be out for quite some time and CupTie also ??? Okay Anderson one game suspension can be coverered with rusty/gartland. Bringing Craig back to LB is fine but it weakens the midfield so this cannot be a long term solution. In fact outsourcing Jamie Adams might be a bit short sighted (I believe he can also play CB). So the million dollar question is do we see it out (not knowing how long it will be or when do we need better coverage in the future) or do we sign DUFF as a temporary cover in defence. We seem awfully light in defence and midfield. Need to get rid of the strikers who will not be making many team appearances this season so to lighten up the wage bill to allow the signing of defence and maybe midfield.

Edited by SingaporeSaint

Two bob and a doughnut?

No chance.

I susepct though that they might have been delighted to sell to us. Clearly they'd be sad to see Harris go but they must now realise he will leave next summer and I'm sure they'd far rather see him end up in Perth than at Dundee with Chisholm.

As it is, Grainger looks like he's going to be fine, so big Jim Masson can hold off with his exclusive, of which we'd only be able to read about two lines.