• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dobie and taylor seem to be forgotten about

the majority of our midfield seem incapable of carrying the ball forward

dont know if its tactics, lack of confidence or being too slow

mcinnes is showing his colours now with baffling team selections

there seems to be no fight in this team

on phone so not read all posts...after the spirited performance midweek, headed to this game with high hopes. What I got was Peaso, JMW and Savo in the starting line up......WTF!! Did Del just decide we didnt want anything from this game?? I am afraid my frustration got the better of me today and I was far too vocal in my criticism of JMW, Savo and even Del which led to some arguments with others around me. Of this I am ashamed, yet back in Edinburgh now I still feel more anger than dissapointment. Although the argument of 'why are you not the manager then?' really grates. If you get bad food, do you not complain because you are not a chef??

That team and performance was shameful and Danny's utterly pointless sending off summed up the day

on phone so not read all posts...after the spirited performance midweek, headed to this game with high hopes. What I got was Peaso, JMW and Savo in the starting line up......WTF!! Did Del just decide we didnt want anything from this game?? I am afraid my frustration got the better of me today and I was far too vocal in my criticism of JMW, Savo and even Del which led to some arguments with others around me. Of this I am ashamed, yet back in Edinburgh now I still feel more anger than dissapointment. Although the argument of 'why are you not the manager then?' really grates. If you get bad food, do you not complain because you are not a chef??

That team and performance was shameful and Danny's utterly pointless sending off summed up the day

you sit in the ormond side of the east? out of curiosity.

You lot can shove your results up your arse. If we are gonna get pumped, can we at least see Perth lads get pumped and not a bunch of Glasgow rejects who just live and party and have fun in Glasgow and only come through to Perth to milk us of our hard earned cash.

Fed up of this man. All we have is Kevin Moon. Peaso - Glasgow reject. Millar - Glasgow reject. Liam Craig - Edinburgh reject which is even worse. At least Stevie Milne is from Forfarshire but who cares when he is past it. Smith - Glasgow reject. Rusti - Glasgow reject.

I don't think anyone on this forum can deny that our enjoyment of our teams football matches would shoot up if we didn't have to put up with so many cast outs from the scummy shithole of scum and tepid shite that is glasgow.

Fed up of it. Glasgow dominates everything. I wouldn't mind except every single person I've met from glasgow is either a junkie, a wanker or a gypo. Not me shoehorning people, just a fact that they are all scum, horrid, putrid, vile scum. Oxygen wasting scum. Scotland would be better off without them so hopefully they'll break off and float into

Game was lost before the start. Savo,Peaso and Williams was just a strange choice.Definitely looked better when Sammy and Parkin came on.The midfield was far too light weight.MacKay in the middle might have been the answer with Rusty at the back.

Really missed Muzz's power and drive.

Think Del has done a great job here but feel he got it wrong today.

You lot can shove your results up your arse. If we are gonna get pumped, can we at least see Perth lads get pumped and not a bunch of Glasgow rejects who just live and party and have fun in Glasgow and only come through to Perth to milk us of our hard earned cash.

Fed up of this man. All we have is Kevin Moon. Peaso - Glasgow reject. Millar - Glasgow reject. Liam Craig - Edinburgh reject which is even worse. At least Stevie Milne is from Forfarshire but who cares when he is past it. Smith - Glasgow reject. Rusti - Glasgow reject.

I don't think anyone on this forum can deny that our enjoyment of our teams football matches would shoot up if we didn't have to put up with so many cast outs from the scummy shithole of scum and tepid shite that is glasgow.

Fed up of it. Glasgow dominates everything. I wouldn't mind except every single person I've met from glasgow is either a junkie, a wanker or a gypo. Not me shoehorning people, just a fact that they are all scum, horrid, putrid, vile scum. Oxygen wasting scum. Scotland would be better off without them so hopefully they'll break off and float into

Thanks mate.Just showed this post to my wife to prove to her that there are a lot more grumpy old gits than me going around!

No! Was there somebody as bad as me??

some guy behind me got a wee bit of jip, but he was calling the players all the names under the sun.

actually agreed with some of the stuff he was saying aswell but i thought calling the players names was a bit over the top.

On Dannys first booking the same linesman lost the plot just before the incident with Danny with the sky camera man for filming the celtic goal celebration and went spare then walked up the line danny said something then he raised his flag and Danny got booked.

I thought Danny got booked for comig off the field of play without permission, he was injured and Nic treated him and then came off the field of play. All as far as I could see done without the ref being aware.

On the Celtic goal celebrations he shoudl have booked the lot of them.

How would everyone have lined us up today? Clearly we have the benefit of hindsight but interesting to see none the less. Obviously the issue with the strikers is debatable but how much choice did McInnes have in defence and central midfield? He was panned on Wednesday for disrupting a settled defence, so are folk now saying he should have done that today? If not then surely Millar and Craig were his only options in the centre? Fair enough with any criticism after that though.

I was walking into the ground when your text came through with todays line up. I genuinely thought that the last few names were the substitutes until I realised that there were only eleven names in the message. If you remember, my immediate reaction was that it was a weak line up. Even without the benefit of hindsight, the line up felt ill-balanced. Even if Parkin didn't have ninety minutes in him, he could very well have started with Haber replacing him later on. It also doesn't explain Milne being picked over Jackson as the second striker though. I believe he had better options in that respect, definitely.

I didn't see the first half at all on Wednesday so can't comment on what he did with the defence but I think it's obvious that you need someone who can win the ball in the centre of midfield and without Davidson and Morris, we don't have that. Millar and Craig don't fulfill that brief. You need someone who can make a tackle and win a header and neither are great at that. Moving both of them into the middle made for a pretty weak central midfield and even weaker wide areas. My line up would have been:

Smith

MacKay Duberry Rutkiewicz Grainger

Samuel Millar Maybury Craig

Jackson Parkin

If he felt that Parkin and Samuel couldn't last the entire game, there would've been options to replace them during the game. I thought it was pretty obvious from the second minute of the match that this sort of line up would've better matched Celtic for strength and it eventually became apparent to McInnes as well, considering we finished more or less as we should've started. It's incredibly disappointing as it's not just a financial commitment fans make to Saints but also a time commitment. I feel like I wasted time and money watching a bit of lunacy from our management. It's incredibly frustrating.

Incidentally, I think it's incredibly harsh to suggest that Peter MacDonald isn't good enough and should leave based on todays performance. It's one thing to think he's a costly investment purely down to his injury problems but it's another thing entirely to imply that he's not good enough to play at SPL level when fit, and cite today as some kind of example to that theory. Challenge any striker to play left sided midfield against one of the strongest sides in the country and see how they get on.

Really disappointed after today to say the least. I thought that after our good second half performance on Wednesday that we could get something from this game. I think Celtic are a very poor side, but today we were a lot worse.

We missed Muzz in midfield big time, and I really wanted Parkin and Sammy to start (I see from earlier that Del says they had knocks) - I am really starting to like Parkin the more I see him. Why Savo started is a mystery.

JMW didn't do anything - going forward or helping the fullback behind him.

The most disappointing thing is that we made it so easy for Celtic today. They are one of the poorest Celtic sides I have seen in a long time. We are a much better side than we showed today and felt we had a great opportunity to beat them today.

I know my comments are very similar to others, but I wanted to at least add something to the thread!

Not read the whole thread but it looked to me that Savo was playing behind Haber and in front of Millar/Craig. This was designed to help with the fact centre was missing Davidson and Morris. Savo drops deep anyway and works hard.

It didn't work obviously with second goal summing that up. Not sure when he last played either but going goal down so soon obviously buggers gameplan.