#14 - 06/11/10 - Saints 0-3 Kilmarnock - SPL

slf

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm actually disgusted by some of the Saints fans. I sat in the Main Stand today, and some of the absolute S**t being shouted was a disgrace. Moaning when we keep the ball rather than blootering it forward? It doesn't take great football knowledge to know that you sometimes have to play the ball backwards to go forwards! I thought some of the football we played at times today was good. Also, I heard numerous people shouting and boo-ing McInnes.. too which at one point he turned round gritting his teeth and shaking his head. Yes, he has made mistakes notably in the last two games against Celtic, but today it wasn't his fault we were losing, we had some bad luck in terms of missed chances, that on another day we would have scored. Have some people forgotten that he's taken us from being an above-average First Division side to a solid SPL team? Where's the trust in a manager who has served this club well?

About the game, I thought Cleveland Taylor proved he has ability to do well here. He played some good stuff and was unlucky when his shot hit the crossbar. Was impressed with Jacko again and I think that the Jacko-Parkin partnership definitely has potential. My only real criticism is the defence. Rutkiewicz is a great guy, and has been a good servant but he's just not up to this level. He's the 5th best centre-half in the squad, behind Ando, Mackay, Gartland and Duberry. I would've much rather had a back four of Maybury-Mackay-Duberry-Anderson today, although I thought Maybury did a lot better at left-back today than he has previously. Would also say Smith had one of his more solid games for us today.

There's no need to panic, it was a poor result but there is no chance Saints will be struggling at the end of the season, once we get a consistent starting XI things will start to click.

First of all, I'm actually disgusted by some of the Saints fans. I sat in the Main Stand today, and some of the absolute S**t being shouted was a disgrace. Moaning when we keep the ball rather than blootering it forward? It doesn't take great football knowledge to know that you sometimes have to play the ball backwards to go forwards! I thought some of the football we played at times today was good. Also, I heard numerous people shouting and boo-ing McInnes.. too which at one point he turned round gritting his teeth and shaking his head. Yes, he has made mistakes notably in the last two games against Celtic, but today it wasn't his fault we were losing, we had some bad luck in terms of missed chances, that on another day we would have scored. Have some people forgotten that he's taken us from being an above-average First Division side to a solid SPL team? Where's the trust in a manager who has served this club well?

About the game, I thought Cleveland Taylor proved he has ability to do well here. He played some good stuff and was unlucky when his shot hit the crossbar. Was impressed with Jacko again and I think that the Jacko-Parkin partnership definitely has potential. My only real criticism is the defence. Rutkiewicz is a great guy, and has been a good servant but he's just not up to this level. He's the 5th best centre-half in the squad, behind Ando, Mackay, Gartland and Duberry. I would've much rather had a back four of Maybury-Mackay-Duberry-Anderson today, although I thought Maybury did a lot better at left-back today than he has previously. Would also say Smith had one of his more solid games for us today.

There's no need to panic, it was a poor result but there is no chance Saints will be struggling at the end of the season, once we get a consistent starting XI things will start to click.

Well said

What a shambles.McInness has lost the plot. 5 3 2 with no one knowing what position they were playing.Davidson didn`t look fit & damaged himself in a tackle early on & got booked.

Own goal by Duberry for first,Cock up by Ruti for second & Smith made a grate save from Ruti header,left by 3rd.

Not pressing the panic button, but surely this far into the season we SHOULD have a consistent starting XI sorted out. Things can't start to click unless they're playing together week in week out. Obviously there's a need to change things here and there depending on who we're playing, and taking injuries into account etc, but it's now no longer a surprise to see 6 or 7 changes to a team each week. That can't be helping things.

Not pressing the panic button, but surely this far into the season we SHOULD have a consistent starting XI sorted out. Things can't start to click unless they're playing together week in week out. Obviously there's a need to change things here and there depending on who we're playing, and taking injuries into account etc, but it's now no longer a surprise to see 6 or 7 changes to a team each week. That can't be helping things.

To be fair we have had injury and suspension problems. I trust Del's judgement and I think he's coming close to realising his strongest XI.

After that summary of players performance, how the hell did we manage to get humped three nil ????????????