Jordan Robertson

Tarzan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a killer too, get him to ****.

Although a terrible thing, to be fair to the lad, it's not liked he glassed somebody outside a nightclub...a moment of loss of concentration on the motorway, however foolish, resulted in the death of another driver.

Can see no indication that he was driving recklessly or was 'being an arse'

Although a terrible thing, to be fair to the lad, it's not liked he glassed somebody outside a nightclub...a moment of loss of concentration on the motorway, however foolish, resulted in the death of another driver.

I would argue that last point - he took his eyes off the road to allegedly look for a CD -if thats not a reckless act then :shock:

That aside - he has served the sentence laid down to him -but dont see him as a better player than what we have......Only Del can decide tho.

I would argue that last point - he took his eyes off the road to allegedly look for a CD -if thats not a reckless act then :shock:

That aside - he has served the sentence laid down to him -but dont see him as a better player than what we have......Only Del can decide tho.

Agreed re the CD thing...I meant that he wasn't driving like a maniac at the same time and otherwise putting other road users in danger....come on...who amongst us hasn't changed a CD while driving, or got an apple or something out a bag for the kids, or turned around the speak to people in the back etc etc

I am the same, my valuation of whether we need him would be based on his abilities against what we already have

I am sure about 90% of the people on the forum have done the same thing and just so happened to get away with it.

Last I had heard United were going to be signing him but they have been advertising cuts quite a lot recently.

He took his eyes off the road and as a result someone died. I'd say that was pretty reckless.

see two posts above - it is probably only by the grace of god that most of us have not suffered the same fate

Well I can put my hands up and say in the time I have been driving I have never done any of those things you have stated, y'know, because I am a good driver and my full attention is always on the road.

No thanks Del, I'd rather you punted Reynolds upfront than waste wages on this guy.

Lets be real here....I can admit that in my years of driving, I have probably taken my eyes off the road many, many times - I have taken corners too fast, encroaching on the other side of the road, I have (admittedly in my younger years) overtook on two way roads (such as the A9) in situations that were unadviseable - I have 'driven angry', I have fallen asleep while driving (and hit the central reservation before swerving back across both lanes), I have exceeded the speed limit hundreds of times, I have had near misses.....

On any of these occasions, if another vehicle had been in the vicinity, the outcome could have been far worse and I could have found myself branded a "killer"

I am sure there are many on here who could admit to the same.

I have never stabbed anybody, shot anybody, glassed anybody, kicked anybody in the head repeatedly, hit somebody with a heavy object etc etc all the things that would constitute the use of the term killer

Quite a sanctimonious bunch given our team isn't exactly filled with angels.

If anyone else in our team had caused a death by dangerous driving, I'd want them hounded out.

Swankie was pretty much dropped after being caught drink driving but supposedly we are going to sign a player who has killed someone through his actions. :rolleyes:

If anyone else in our team had caused a death by dangerous driving, I'd want them hounded out.

Swankie was pretty much dropped after being caught drink driving but supposedly we are going to sign a player who has killed someone through his actions. :rolleyes:

It wasn't him, it was his 1.5 ton lump of steel. If you are on a long journey do you listen to the same CD on repeat??

Drink driving is worse IMO, as it isn't accidental

Accidents happen, stop being a drama queen

Drink driving is completely different :roll:

Some folk just get better and better!!!

I take it facebooking on the motorway is a no-no??

You could just as easily cause an accident by sneezing. It would probably be easier to crash while sneezing as you shut your eyes!

Good point.I was on a defensive driving course at work and the cop taking it said you travel 50 meters iirc at 30 mph whilst your eyes are closed during a sneeze.Has hsf ever sneezed whilst driving, if so she should've pulled over before it came :)