Scottish Cup Semi Final Draw + Ticket Details + Travel Details

Legend of Zorro

Where are youn likely to purchase tickets for Hampden for SC Semi?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tynecastle's capacity would be ideal for Saints, Brechin, Utd or Well, whoever makes it through to the semi-final.

It would, for whatever two teams make it, but all logic will go out the window as usual and it will go ahead at the 3/4 empty National stadium.

All Scottish cup semi-finals are at Hampden yeah?

I loved my day out to Hampden against Rangers when we lost on penalties. It was a glorious day, the Saints fans were in full song, it was just buzzing. Who cares if it's half empty!!

p.s I live a 15 min walk away from Hampden so I'm a bit bias :laugh:

Oh and we're not even past the Quarters yet, Brechin will want to win that game as much as Saints!

if celtic get to the final and assuming they win the league, and saints get to the final then saints are in europe before the final has even started.

Are you sure? I believe this was changed after we had seasons of diddies getting in the back door. Gretna, Falkirk, Dunfermline etc. To keep our co-eff high it was scraped

I am pretty sure that we have to win it to get to Europe now

Are you sure? I believe this was changed after we had seasons of diddies getting in the back door. Gretna, Falkirk, Dunfermline etc. To keep our co-eff high it was scraped

I am pretty sure that we have to win it to get to Europe now

Was blocked by fifa. Certain. btw, the cup is the priority!

In 2008, the SFA announced that in such a situation the place would in future be awarded to the highest-placed club in the SPL who had not otherwise qualified for Europe. This followed some disappointing performances by middle-ranking Scottish teams including Gretna, Dunfermline Athletic and Queen of the South. All those clubs were knocked out at the first hurdle of the UEFA Cup which reduced the nation's coefficient, the calculation used to determine the number of places allocated in UEFA tournaments. UEFA blocked the proposed change, however, insisting that a club from the cup competition should represent Scotland. Therefore Falkirk qualified for the UEFA Europa League 2009-10, despite losing the 2009 Scottish Cup Final to league champions Rangers. Falkirk then lost in their opening European tie to FC Vaduz of Liechtenstein.

I was talking about Dundee united when I said they were put out by AEK.. Why would county get the europe place? The cup place is the highest(gets into the furthest qualifying round). Dundee united did not get into europe due to their league place last season as they would have had to enter at an earler round. They got in due to the cup place, which put them into the final round. If they got a champs league place, superior to the cup place, then they would have got into europe due to league position and ross county would have had the europe place from the cup.

Btw, Were still not even in the semis.. this chat should be thrown away.

Edited by Sainteesean