Religious door knockers - do you make them feel welcome?

had a pair of J.Ws chapping my door..woke me up (was knackered after a long days graft)..at first i thought it was the rozzers comming to arrest me.they said some thing that i didnt really understand on the moment..but when i saw the magazines they were touting..on your bikes and dont come back..fuquing misery merchants

My late grandfatner once came out wirh this gem, of which I was witness to, when two JW's came to the house

LIsten, my brother in law is a priest wi you lot and he can't convert me so you two have f#@kin no chance

I nearly wet myself laughin.

Personally, I think, believe what you want but don't knock on my door and try to impose your beliefs on me. I don't stand on a box in the street shouting about why everyone should be a atheist, and the fact that science really is the only viable explanation for the existence of man.

And religious war is just fighting over who's got the best imaginary friend

if you have read the new testament,you can see where Karl Marx inspired his communist manifesto from.

religeons are opinions! like football supporters who belive they have the best team.

few are the men walking this world do who their own 'thing'..most look towards others for guidence..take that away and they are at a loss..when lost..look at your G.P.S.(god preaches shite...Amen dudes).

I cannae stand em, last time I answered to these folks I was actually shocked at what I saw. I got a mother and her son who must have been about 8yrs old. I'm looking to the mum to start the talking but the wee kid starts preaching to me, not only was he actually shouting out a part of the bible at me but he also had one foot in my door!! If it was an adult I would have been pretty pissed off at them, but a wee kid? nah I'm no that bad!! I just thought it was disgusting that they've obviously taught this kid to do this so we have to stand and listen to their shite. It's people like this that put me off religion, don't go shoving it down my throat.

The hare krishna are shoved out to offload books and cds etc. Saw one of theirs in a charity shop, absolute rubbish, most of it was index. They are strict vegetarians, no stimulants (like tea, coffee, cigarettes), HOWEVER once saw one down the kirkgate having been to Goodfellow and Steven bakers, was stuffing a sausage roll down her mouth!

JW's are a pain. They are a cult, and having read into it, stay well clear. They take over your life completely. No Christmas, No birthdays, dont do 'luck' 'fate' 'fortune'. Spending hours studying their publications and the bible. NO THANKS.

One Saturday morning, pouring with rain, a young JW couple at my door, with a baby in a pram. I kind of lost it and gave them my opinion. Have saw them coming out of the Kingdom Hall in Argyll Road, always immaculately dressed for services, blokes with briefcases. Even small boys in suits with a bag for their bible.

Guest Mongy Max

I just say that my one way ticket South to the Heat has been booked for years and no amount of good deeds will reverse it!

Failing that, answer the door wearing a tea towel on ma heid carrying some wires screaming Allah Achbar often works.

Something along the lines of...

"Yes, I'd like to hear all about your zombie worshipping death-cult. Yours is the one that teaches us that a bad woman once ate a magic apple egged on by a talking snake, isn't it? I think it's also the one who's magic book's principal omnipotent diety is the main purponent of mindless wanton death and destruction. You know, plagues of locusts and frogs, famine, mass murder of first born and the like. Hey, isn't he meant to be the good guy?"

...I've had JWs and Sally Army turn and walk away without saying another word at that point before.