SJFC Magazine

Saintly Child

I've just got the new magazine, what a fantastic job Saints have made of it, excellent read and quality articles. Trust Mr Morton to get his coupon in the first one though..

The new programme is well worth the money too, not a lot of change from the old programme.

Buy them today and you won't be disappointed.

I've just got the new magazine, what a fantastic job Saints have made of it, excellent read and quality articles. Trust Mr Morton to get his coupon in the first one though..

The new programme is well worth the money too, not a lot of change from the old programme.

What can I say matey. Paul was looking for ideas and I am full of ideas. Some good some shite..:wink:

Looking forward to new mag - not seen it yet.

Seems Im the only one slightly disaponted with this. Will always buy it as I did the programme but didnt think the content was any different than what would have been in previous programmes. Dont know what I was expecting really. Not sure why everyones excited about the price either. 4 quid for mag plus say 3 programmes a month at a quid each against the 3 programmes with much the same content in them at £2.50 works out much the same. The old programme had a better chance of being more up to date though. Im obviously just getting old and not liking change though if it sold much better than the programme. I see that you still get the curse of the player on the front cover not getting near the team syndrome even with a magazine mind.

Seems Im the only one slightly disaponted with this. Will always buy it as I did the programme but didnt think the content was any different than what would have been in previous programmes. Dont know what I was expecting really. Not sure why everyones excited about the price either. 4 quid for mag plus say 3 programmes a month at a quid each against the 3 programmes with much the same content in them at £2.50 works out much the same. The old programme had a better chance of being more up to date though. Im obviously just getting old and not liking change though if it sold much better than the programme. I see that you still get the curse of the player on the front cover not getting near the team syndrome even with a magazine mind.

The magazine is not monthly, it's three monthly...

so 9 programmes @ £2.50= £22.50

against 9 programmes @£1 plus 1 Mag at £3.95 = £12.95

I actually thought the programme would have less in it but frankly it aint that much less than before..but for £1 now..Cannae be bad eh??

Full marks to the Club on both counts.

I bought the magazine and the programme on saturday and here are my views - for what they're worth:

Magazine: excellent quality of production and lots of reading. Much more potential than the old programme to go truly in-depth on an article - and the design is superb. A lot of reading. I used to buy the occasionally-produced St Johnstone Historian. This was more like a fanzine but Paul Smith was behind it as well. It had excellent articles - and it's great to see Paul using the new magazine to provide similar types of historical content alongside contemporary articles relevant to the current team. Well worth the £3.95 asking price - I'll certainly happily pay that every quarter.

Programme - a very pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting half as much content for £1 - excellent value for money that will hopefully get us some good PR. I'm sure visiting fans will be impressed as they get as much content about their own team as in last year's programme.

The combination of the two publications puts us way ahead of the rest of the SPL in terms of listening to fans and giving good quality products at a decent price. Well done Paul Smith and everyone else behind this initiative.

Jim

Pretty sure the cover price will be the same wherever you buy it.

Cover price might be the same but the charge is £5 if you want to buy it from the online store.

Add an extra £3 delivery charge and it has cost me £8!

Hope it's worth it...