#07 - 10/09/11 - St Mirren 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hard worked draw away at St Mirren in the SPL against one of the in form teams at the start at the season in a game where we played poor, and already the poster pricks are vying for blood.

Few of us were at or will remember the game where we went to paisley on a mid week night and beat that BIG SPL team St Mirren when we were the shitey and lowly st johnstone near bottom of the lowest division. I for one recognise that today was a good hard earned point.

Very few chances despite the number of passes that St Mirren made. Thought we did okay and would have accepted the draw before the game.

Cagey do you really believe that the 3 players you mentioned above would get into that team. I doubt it very much, the 3 players you mentioned with the possible exception of Jacko are first div at the most.

Not too unhappy. The midden played the ball about at the back but more often than not ten passes led them nowhere. Samson probably had more touches than any other player particularly first half.

Maybe shouldn't say this because I may seem like I am gloating but we missed Jody today.

I thought Cagey was taking the piss?

For once I agree with Mainstand!

At the end of the day we weren't great but St Mirren never really threatened and it's not an awful point.

Bit worrying though that neither Millar or Robertson could take control of the midfield. Millar's limitations are nothing new, but I'm disappointed that Robertson failed miserably to provide a link between midfield and strikers. I think the criticism of him so far has been harsh, but he was a let down today.

Other news, Cracks is a monster and that referee needs to go back to the SFL.

Disappointed with the way set out to play and thought we really missed J Mo in the middle. Apart from a 10 minute spell either side of half time we offered nothing to this game.

Ref was rubbish and Robertson remains a dab shite bag.

Kudos to Wright for clearing off the line and giving us something to cheer.

Happy with a point in a game where we could have lost our shirts. We are in a league where every team can squeeze something out of a game, we beat Celtic, drew with a Dundee Utd team we could have beat, and lost at home to Dunfermline who we shoukld have beat. On the basis of the hype that has greeted St Mirren so far this season we rode our luck, and come home with a point. Good day out from my perspective

Very few chances despite the number of passes that St Mirren made. Thought we did okay and would have accepted the draw before the game.

Cagey do you really believe that the 3 players you mentioned above would get into that team. I doubt it very much, the 3 players you mentioned with the possible exception of Jacko are first div at the most.

No it was sarcism. I only rate Jacko out of these three & doubt if he would score too many in SPL.

Have to be happy with a point at Paisley this early in the season. 3 away games 5 points 0 goals against. Would probably have bitten your hand off for that at beginning of season.

Think Del is playing it tight early on `til he sees how the league pans out.

Just a pity we threw away 5 points at home or we would be sitting pretty.

Liams shot which Sampson couldnt hold and Adams missed the rebound was the only shot on target I can think of.

Thought Thompson was unlucky to get booked for them, don t think he was looking for the penalty, think he more slipped, he was straight back up on his feet saying it wasn t, looked like Enks was supporting his view but then Thompson seemed to have a go at him so don t know what was said.

The St Mirren programme today shows just how great value our programme is at £1, theres certainly had no more content than ours does but costs £2.50.

Loving the beans you get with yer Pies and Bridies though.

Liams shot which Sampson couldnt hold and Adams missed the rebound was the only shot on target I can think of.

Thought Thompson was unlucky to get booked for them, don t think he was looking for the penalty, think he more slipped, he was straight back up on his feet saying it wasn t, looked like Enks was supporting his view but then Thompson seemed to have a go at him so don t know what was said.

The St Mirren programme today shows just how great value our programme is at £1, theres certainly had no more content than ours does but costs £2.50.

Loving the beans you get with yer Pies and Bridies though.

Was it not Cillian who shot?