SJFC Financial Statement. (Big Loss)

glenrothes saintee

The sale of one good player (Muzz) could cover that loss.

Though agreed we cannot maintain such losses year in and year out, such a fantastic financial success thanks to Geoff Brown.

And I like GB's realism of 8th Place, a QF and a SF are a great result for a club our size and with our resources.

ditto john.

Only one way to stem the slide of decline in Scottish Football:

In Germany the fan is king. The Bundesliga has the lowest ticket prices and the highest average attendance of Europe's five major leagues. At Borussia Dortmund their giant stand holds 26,000 and costs little more than £10 for admission. Clubs limit the number of season tickets to ensure everyone has a chance to see the games, and the away team has the right to 10% of the available capacity. Match tickets double as free rail passes with supporters travelling in a relaxed atmosphere in which they can sing, drink beer to wash down their sausages, and are generally treated as desirables: a philosophy we can only dream of.

The German league turns over 1.7 billion euros a season and 11/18 of their clubs are in the black!

Let us stand, let us sing, let us drink and let us in for less money and the fans will come back and have a good time.

Only one way to stem the slide of decline in Scottish Football:

The German league turns over 1.7 billion euros a season and 11/18 of their clubs are in the black!

Let us stand, let us sing, let us drink and let us in for less money and the fans will come back and have a good time.

And, we should limit our season ticket allocation to 5,000 with immediate effect. :laugh:

£1,095,904

Thanks very much for that info!!

Guess that means our actual loss was nearer £400,000 as according to the figures from last year, we had £1.3m in the bank.

That's two years in a row that we have taken out around the £200k mark from our savings which is worrying, as we can't do that for ever.

Edited by jimbo_1884

Acknowledging that wages on the football side of the business had risen significantly and that a substantial sum had been invested into the restoration of the McDiarmid Park pitch, Geoff paid tribute to Derek McInnes and his staff on finishing 8th in last season’s SPL, while reaching the quarter final of the Co-operative Insurance Cup and the semi-final of the Scottish Cup – “no mean feat for a club of our size and resources.”

From reading the report on the OS, I'd have thought the cost of the pitch is included in the figures. If so, then the loss isn't nearly as much as anticipated by some, which doesn't surprise me.

Delighted to see the expression 'invested into the....pitch.' After players, it's the most important factor in Saints being able to function properly. We should treat it with kid gloves.

Of course we can't go on losing large amounts but short term I'm not worried. Keep up the good work Saints.

Thanks very much for that info!!

Guess that means our actual loss was nearer £400,000 as according to the figures from last year, we had £1.3m in the bank.

That's two years in a row that we have taken out around the £200k mark from our savings which is worrying, as we can't do that for ever.

No your loss is still only £200k. The fall in cash balances will be taken account of in the balance sheet which possibly will show an increase in debtors, reduction in creditirs etc.

No your loss is still only £200k. The fall in cash balances will be taken account of in the balance sheet which possibly will show an increase in debtors, reduction in creditirs etc.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics... or accounts in this case!!

I appreciate that it is still only a £200k loss on our trading sheet but the harsh facts are that we have gone from having £1.6m cash in the bank two years ago, to now only having £1.1m in the bank.

This money is going somewhere and the worry has to be if (or once) our cash reserves run dry, we will be up that well known creek without the appropriate implement!!

We simply can't sustain our current wage bill, unless crowds and revenue in general increases.... although this is a much wider problem affecting all of Scottish football.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics... or accounts in this case!!

I appreciate that it is still only a £200k loss on our trading sheet but the harsh facts are that we have gone from having £1.6m cash in the bank two years ago, to now only having £1.1m in the bank.

This money is going somewhere and the worry has to be if (or once) our cash reserves run dry, we will be up that well known creek without the appropriate implement!!

We simply can't sustain our current wage bill, unless crowds and revenue in general increases.... although this is a much wider problem affecting all of Scottish football.

Your accounts do not purely reflect the cash position.

They reflect the accruals for debtors and creditors etc. Maybe once they are all paid and have been paid your bank will be back at £1.3.

Maybe one of the shareholders can post a note of debtors and creditors and how they relate to last year. I suspect the money for the semi final will be shown as a debtor for instance.

Like I said earlier, we only have to sell one quality player at circa. 200k and we are even for the year. The sale of Muzz before end of accounts yera would have as good as balanced the books. We are a selling club, just need to produce a few more quality assetts to sell.

I think we are more likely to make money by selling the North Stand for demolition for the bypass!!

Your accounts do not purely reflect the cash position.

They reflect the accruals for debtors and creditors etc. Maybe once they are all paid and have been paid your bank will be back at £1.3.

Maybe one of the shareholders can post a note of debtors and creditors and how they relate to last year. I suspect the money for the semi final will be shown as a debtor for instance.

it will also depend on the policy with regard to the new pitch

The cash may have been paid out for the work but the "asset" may be written off through the accounts over the next 5-10 years depending on the expected life time of the work. As the accounts are up to the 31st of May and the work was not complete until mid June or the hand over it would also depend on the terms of the agreement. it could be that the payment for the pitch has come out of the account after the accounts. We can speculate all we like but I am happy with the current board that the club are in safe hands.

Even with these loses we are still in a healthy position. With a few prudent years will build the reserves back up again, before any player sales. With the massive fees that teams pay down south one or two player sales could double the bank balance over night, if we can develop our own players. Whether we have the budget to allow the youth coaches to do this in to the same extent as the likes of Livingston have done in the last few years is only something that TC and his team can comment on.

I think that blooding young players in lower scottish divisions only leads to a small transfer fee unless clever with sell on clauses etc. To blood good players playing in the SPL, far more chance of making some money. Hamilton were a good example of what can be achieved even if they failed to maintain their SPL status.