Financial Madness!

O'Rourke

Do you love your club enough to give up your seat for the OF?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Celtic apparently sold out their allocation of tickets for todays game.

Looking out from the East stand I could see Tic fans in the North end of the Main stand and 20/30 odd Saints fans in the South end of the Main stand.

Surely these 20/30 fans could have been offered a seat in the central padded seat area of the Main stand, (which was not full )thus selling tickets to the Celtic fans for the south end of the Main stand .

Old story of trying to get bums on seats. Brings in revenue.

Afraid the club failed miserably on that score.

i don't want to sit near an old firm fan.they are the scummiest lowlife ever .and the worst are the kunts from perth that follow them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because ye coulnae handle the slaggin ye got in the west last week bunnetheid.

i would rather lose money and try and build a fanbase than let these old firm cretins sit in the east stand.sorry i meant STAND in the east stand.its okay for them to stand but not yer average home fan.

its financial madness not to try and build up a good home support in a safe environment.after all we may not be in the spl much longer or those two clubs will have thankfully left the scottish leagues.

totally agree they were allowed the lot of them to stand the whole game,what happens to our home fans when they dare to stand for more than a minute,we dont get away with with so why should they

why is it if your an old firm fan ye can stand in the stand but a home fan cannot.

i saw a clown standing with his young son on top of his shoulders.a steward witnessed this and did feck all.

home fans get 2nd class treatment ,no wonder we stay away.

cos they are piss scared to do anything against the old firm,so pick on an easy target the home fans

cos they are piss scared to do anything against the old firm,so pick on an easy target the home fans

correct.

thats why so many give matches against the old firm two fingers and dont attend.

once at home against each of these clubs is enough.16 team league now please.

correct.

thats why so many give matches against the old firm two fingers and dont attend.

once at home against each of these clubs is enough.16 team league now please.

ye would be much better than the usual which side of the old firm is gonna win this year,would be more competative with these two gone league would be up for grabs for any team

Slash they physically can't do anything against thousands of cretins who are refusing to sit down. Do you want them to eject every person in the stand? Or stand there all game repeating themselves but being ignored? It's easier to manage small crowds hence why they target the very small number of home fans who are of standing. The idiots that do that then just point at the away fans who are standing are fannies. "They're awh dain it eh, so I'm gonnae dae it n aw tae."

The SFA or whoever should fine Celtic, or Rangers, for the continual standing at games. They are clearly going against stadia regulation yet go unpunished. Maybe a few accumulated fines will force them to do something about it?

Slash they physically can't do anything against thousands of cretins who are refusing to sit down. Do you want them to eject every person in the stand? Or stand there all game repeating themselves but being ignored? It's easier to manage small crowds hence why they target the very small number of home fans who are of standing. The idiots that do that then just point at the away fans who are standing are fannies. "They're awh dain it eh, so I'm gonnae dae it n aw tae."

The SFA or whoever should fine Celtic, or Rangers, for the continual standing at games. They are clearly going against stadia regulation yet go unpunished. Maybe a few accumulated fines will force them to do something about it?

The ref could stop the game for "safety concerns". If they still refuse to sit, they forfeit the match

We could charge them a few quid less for 'Restricted View' tickets and allow them to stand on the astroturf?

In all seriousness though, most of the Saints support has turned its back on the club for these games so why not milk the OF for every penny and use that to further safeguard the club for those supporters who go to watch.

Nothing to lose anymore.

Don`t think there was even an announcement over the tannoy. I know that would have been a waste of time but surely the match commander should have got involved.

So really you would say that having a crowd of 8000 (mostly) mutants and 2000 saints fans is desirable and would help us attract players. I think finacially we don't need the extra money so lets just cncentrate on building our own fanbase which it looks like saints have started to get to work on.

Yip....I would rather we looked at increasing our crowd as opposed to giving in to the OF and letting them bring more bile into our ground.

Does that mean that I don't love my club enough?...em...I don't think so!!

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Tough one. Think the club find themselves in a "damned-if-they-do-damned-if-they-don't" scenario with this one but I agree with O'Rourke, we can't be turning away busniess like that in this currently financial climate.

The club could always use the the extra revenue. For me, I think giving them half the Alan Main Stand would be a better idea. They don't need 3 sides of the stadium and there must be more ST holders in the East Stand than in half of the Main Stand. Relocating people to another part of the same stand surely wouldn't be the end of the world?

Why can't the few season ticket holders in the mainstand be moved to the east stand.

I have had to move from the east stand to the main stand on a few occasions and hate it. On one occasion I tried to sit in the upper area and was told by old fogey's that we can't sit in that seat as "old jock" has sat there for so many years (even though "old jock" is not a season ticket holder). I have also tried sitting in the lower section and can't see the full pitch and was much more open to the wind and rain.

Also if season ticket holders are having to move seats for other fans Saints should add around £10 to the cost of these seats. If old firm fans are so desperate to come don't start reducing prices or giving discounts - charge them more and the club would make more.

Even if all the Saints support got moved to the Main Stand I'm sure there would still be empty seats. Therefore, to fully maximise income, Saints should refuse any Saints supporter entry to the game and give the entire stadium over to the OF.

As safe standing is to be trialed, we can get even more money by putting some crush barriers on the Tesco Hill and charge them to stand there.

Mmmmmm, lovely money.

• 5 months later...