"A Match For Europe"

thementalshimmy

You can praise Levein as much as you want.

Won't change a thing. He is dull and uninspiring. To me.

Not interested in anything you have to say on the subject.

You come across as arrogant, sanctimonious and often appear to take the high ground when you disagree with people.

Let's also add patronising and condescending shall we?

:laugh:

Got to love the "I don't actually have a valid arguement so I'll take the usual pathetic insults" approach rather than trying to come up with some.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard your manager the other night talk about a talent that's coming through your youth ranks. Said he is ready to break through. It's funny he noticed him after bringing in a 19 year old from Fulham on loan rather than allow the lad the chance to come through.

Maybe not just our club.

You put your team down a division for a few years and see who you have coming through when funds are lowered and the priority becomes the first team. Just think if your club went the same way at the same time we did.

We are still here. You wouldn't of been.

That's what matters

Which player out of interest? United have several players including Watson, Russell, Kenneth and Armstrong to come throught the youth set-up who are first team regulars, as well as a whole host of players in and around the squad. dalla Valle came to United with a big reputation but never quite delivered. At any club there will be holes in the youth set-up and some positions that aren't covered. Even at Barca they have to complement some of the talent with getting in world class players but also guys like Adriano and Keita to fill the voids.

On the money thing I appreciate it is very difficult and have worries about United's project at St. John's on that front. But that is what I've always said is the problem in Scottish football, short-sightedness or too much of a focus on the now. Saints have never had a particularly small squad and generally had a lot of seasoned pros. Take two of them out of the squad and their wages could do a whole lot at that level. Dundee still manage to have a very good and productive youth set-up.

Edited by ODAB

Which player out of interest? United have several players including Watson, Russell, Kenneth and Armstrong to come throught the youth set-up who are first team regulars, as well as a whole host of players in and around the squad. dalla Valle came to United with a big reputation but never quite delivered. At any club there will be holes in the youth set-up and some positions that aren't covered. Even at Barca they have to complement some of the talent with getting in world class players but also guys like Adriano and Keita to fill the voids.

On the money thing I appreciate it is very difficult and have worries about United's project at St. John's on that front. But that is what I've always said is the problem in Scottish football, short-sightedness or too much of a focus on the now. Saints have never had a particularly small squad and generally had a lot of seasoned pros. Take two of them out of the squad and their wages could do a whole lot at that level. Dundee still manage to have a very good and productive youth set-up.

Can't remember the guys name. Young striker.

I ain't routing your youth system but my point was on a reduced budget of division One, combined with your higher earners who were tied up on contracts and the debt your club had, I doubt your youth system would of been so productive if you were in division One.

As I write this our U19 team are beating the league leaders 3-0

It takes time to build a youth system, ours are coming through.

Can't remember the guys name. Young striker.

I ain't routing your youth system but my point was on a reduced budget of division One, combined with your higher earners who were tied up on contracts and the debt your club had, I doubt your youth system would of been so productive if you were in division One.

As I write this our U19 team are beating the league leaders 3-0

It takes time to build a youth system, ours are coming through.

I do agree with the time but it should never have been allowed to get to the level it did get to. And by no means is Saints' the worst set-up either. Killie have been SPL for how long and I've heard some shocking stories about their set-up.

Is this the same Craig Levein whose appointment caused you to boycott Tannadice for the rest of that season ODAB? Or is it a different one?

As you are well aware of Mr C, my protest was not at the appointment of Levein but at the treatment of Craig Brewster. Sad that you've taken to the council policy of twisting facts to suit an arguement.