#34 - 17/03/12 - St Mirren 0-3 Saints - SPL

Possession stats had us at 58% according to the BBC!

I thought possibly more than that. However we kept them at a distance and just about everything from them was from distance. Loads of great blocks. Every player put their body on the line.

Midfield worked very hard without ever being fluent.

Should have scored a few more but it was ironic that Samson sold the second because he was keeping us out single handedly.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is that its important to be open minded. There is nothing wrong with any formation providing the players understand their role in it and excute. perhaps today is the first time that has happened.

There's nothing wrong with voicing my opinion on a formation on a football forum. If I think 4-5-1 is pish then I'll say it. It's not as if it was a totally unfounded and ridiculous comment. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on how we played but it seems as though it worked. Great.

There's nothing wrong with voicing my opinion on a formation on a football forum. If I think 4-5-1 is pish then I'll say it. It's not as if it was a totally unfounded and ridiculous comment. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on how we played but it seems as though it worked. Great.

A bit sensitive aren't we? Although I haven't said it, I was trying to have a discussion, there is nothing wrong with me saying that in my opinion you were talking pish.

A bit sensitive aren't we? Although I haven't said it, I was trying to have a discussion, there is nothing wrong with me saying that in my opinion you were talking pish.

Yeah you've hurt my feelings. I'm glad that we won and that we appear to have fixed a formation which has previously yielded poor performances. Maybe if we don't play 4-5-1 against Hearts next week I'll post a critical comment before the game :wink:

Yeah you've hurt my feelings. I'm glad that we won and that we appear to have fixed a formation which has previously yielded poor performances. Maybe if we don't play 4-5-1 against Hearts next week I'll post a critical comment before the game :wink:

Maybe I will join you after the game. Only if we lose though :laugh:

Really? Find that impossible to believe. They dominated the first 45mins.

The BBCpossession stats were fluctuating wildly in the second half showing 72% the Midden at one point but I didn't see any under about 56% for them though I didn't see the last 15 mins. However the quality of the possession is what counts and on good chances the real Perth Saints appear to have walked it.:razz:

Disjointed first half. Great second.

Midden fan moaned at me outside at the end that we scored early and then defended!

Asked him how many saves from goalscoring chances either keeper had to make. No answer forthcoming.

Well frustrated with our midfield first half but then we started to play and what a difference.

Glad to have spanked that manky mob and their supporters in the media.

That was bloody braw today. 3 goals and a clean sheet away from home again. Some great performances especially in the second half. Sandazas goal capped a fine and very hard working display. Croft was again excellent and Millar and Davidson were also second half standouts. Mind you the guys at the back were also pretty decent and the two CBs especially so given both had been yellow carded as early as the 15th minute. All round quality team effort.

A very enjoyable game overall with some great passing from both sides although the Midden had no end product. Mention also to the ginger dayglow who was ridiculed mercilessly and provided us with some good ammo after dropping the ball at Crackers feet for our second.

Great vocal backing from the 363 Saints fans who were lucky enough to have made the trip to see us finally score agaist the midden for the 1st (2nd and 3rd) times this season. A huge well done to everyone..

Officials were pretty poor with at least a couple of shocking mistakes for both sides.

As for the stewards and their " show me yer ticket" and "you must sit there" pish.. WTF are they on? Even tried a bit of tag team intimidation with me at one point but I just stayed calm and laughed at them. The supervisor at one point took my ticket and actually threw it on the ground , I think hoping I might go off on one so they could bin me. Suffice to say, we just smiled and ripped the pish.

All in all, a grand day out and even the detour throw the airport (twice) could not dampen our spirits ( I believe the MPTC bus may well have went round 3 times:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Well done Lomas and Wright, well done to all the players and well done to the fans..

Top 6..toptastic:D

All in all, a grand day out and even the detour throw the airport (twice) could not dampen our spirits ( I believe the MPTC bus may well have went round 3 times:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

I was glad the Docherty's bus appeared, so that I could follow him, I went twice round the airport and once back at Paisley roundabout following the bloody diversion signs. :)

Probably one of the most satisfying wins this season, brilliant management by lomas, great game plan and we have to be delighted with 3-0, dont think we are appreciating the fact that we are playing so well, lets get everyone at the game on saturday and support the team. in lomas we

(definitely) trust

I was glad the Docherty's bus appeared, so that I could follow him, I went twice round the airport and once back at Paisley roundabout following the bloody diversion signs. :)

U must been beside us, twice round the airport back thro paisley and tailed the Docherty bus out although i did give way to the ambulance was not leting out my siight.

Solid performance today, What happened to Calum thought at one point he was sent off:?: But he did look a bit lost when he was going off.

U must been beside us, twice round the airport back thro paisley and tailed the Docherty bus out although i did give way to the ambulance was not leting out my siight.

yep had to pull in between the service buses for the ambulance.

Is there anyone missing that might still be driving round the airport :)

I get fed up with talk about formations being right or wrong. Surely 4-5-1 can be completely different with different players. 4-5-1 with Robertson in the middle is a very different idea than 4-5-1 with Croft's positive contribution.

Thrilled with 3-0 today, at a ground where we have really struggled to score in the past. Have we ever scored at new st midden park before? I always think of it as a stick on 0-0 draw venue, but I admit my memory is horsesh*t.

Top 6 pretty much secured. Well done to Lomas and the players. That is a very impressive achievement, all things considered.

Now we can enjoy the remaining fixtures, and push on for European football. Nothing to lose!! Great times.

I get fed up with talk about formations being right or wrong. Surely 4-5-1 can be completely different with different players. 4-5-1 with Robertson in the middle is a very different idea than 4-5-1 with Croft's positive contribution.

Thrilled with 3-0 today, at a ground where we have really struggled to score in the past. Have we ever scored at new st midden park before? I always think of it as a stick on 0-0 draw venue, but I admit my memory is horsesh*t.

Top 6 pretty much secured. Well done to Lomas and the players. That is a very impressive achievement, all things considered.

Now we can enjoy the remaining fixtures, and push on for European football. Nothing to lose!! Great times.

Parkin and Dave mackay have both scored there.