#41 - 03/05/12 - Celtic 1-0 Saints - SPL

bigstu

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just switched on the TV and straight into BBC's morning sports roundup...

"And Celtic had what amounted to a training match against St Johnstone at parkhead last night which allowed them to field a team of 'youngsters' who eased their way to a 1-0 win"...

They make it sound as if we were up against one of their youth teams. Jeez!! what a way to start the day.

As previous posts, I alsothought they were there for the taking. Thought Jody was excellent in trying to keep some semblance of order in the midfield. Really liked there lad Bangura. Was entertaining to watch and really trying to stretch our reasonably comfortable defence.

Big dissapointment was upfront but it is never easy playing the one striker role in 4-5-1 formation but Sheridan has been lacking in recent weeks. Shows how times change when SAS were the best thing since sliced bread and now we cannot score a goal.

SAS had a good month, that's all.

Sandaza made Sheridan look good when he was on top form IMO. I feel sorry for the Bulgarians paying him £10k a week or whatever he earns!!

I absolutely couldn't agree more. Far too much of our successful season has been attributed to SAS. Sandaza has been brilliant. Sheridan had a handful of decent games, and scored a handful of goals from fabulous Sandaza assists.

Its not really

Piss poor game last night which was a game between, a club chasing a European spot, who offered nothing against a reserve team who didn't step up in their efforts to push for a 1st team place.

without Mackay Wright Millar Sandazza and Croft you could say it was our reserve team too. plus im pretty sure Bangura cost more than our whole squad. just because there are no chances doesnt make it a poor game . most players played well closing down and good passing.

Thats three times poor refferee decisions have cost us this season at parkhead

Commons dive for the penalty.

Non Free kick which lead to the goal and foul on Craif not given in the 2-0 game

Then stokes offside and the corner lat night

If it was the other way around there would be a public inquiry

without Mackay Wright Millar Sandazza and Croft you could say it was our reserve team too. plus im pretty sure Bangura cost more than our whole squad. just because there are no chances doesnt make it a poor game . most players played well closing down and good passing.

it really was a piss poor game

Its not really

Piss poor game last night which was a game between, a club chasing a European spot, who offered nothing against a reserve team who didn't step up in their efforts to push for a 1st team place.

Lukasz Zaluska 29yo value £500k signed 2009.

Emilio Izaguirre 25yo value £4m signed 2010

Kelvin Wilson 26yo value £875k signed 2011

Mark Wilson 27yo value £750k signed 2005

Thomas Rogne 21yo value £650k signed 2009

Joe Ledley 25yo value £3.7m signed 2010

Victor Wanyama 20yo value £2.4m signed 2011

Anthony Stokes 23yo value £2.6m signed 2010

Mohamed Bangura 22yo value £1.3m signed 2011

Kris Commons 28yo value £1.8m signed 2010

Dylan McGeouch 18yo value £225k signed currently u19

Subs used....

Du-Ri Cha 31yo value £450k signed 2010

Gary Hooper 24yo value £4m signed 2010

Ibrahim Rabiu 21yo value £100k signed 2011

Not a bad resevre squad !!!

Agreed Saints didnt offer too much up front,but the defense dealt with most of the pressure last night,midfield fought hard but we were always going to struggle with one upfront,never happy in a defeat,but last night showed greater inprovement since the Motherwell game (my prediction for the celtic game was a 4-0 humping) We did have the odd chance of stealing a point,Hearts game sunday could well be a cracker.

Edited by chips

:laugh: oh the irony a St Johnstone fan going on about fans not turning up to watch their team, hahahahahahaha:roll:

calm doon wee man ,calm doon...:laugh: did i hit a nerve :shock:

so where was your full house and noisey fans last night ????

Edited by bobby kemp

calm doon wee man ,calm doon...:laugh: did i hit a nerve :shock:

so where was your full house and noisey fans last night ????

You can tell me to calm down, when your club actually has a support :wink:

It was a good crowd last night for end of season nothing to play for and Celtic fielding a reserve team, but then I don't think I should be having a disscussion with a fan of a club, which has probably one of the worst attendance records since the SPL began

It was a good crowd last night for end of season nothing to play for and Celtic fielding a reserve team, but then I don't think I should be having a disscussion with a fan of a club, which has probably one of the worst attendance records since the SPL began

You're right. Feel free to stop contributing as soon as you like.

wee man, the fans we have are real fans and love the club, not just glory hunters that like to go and watch a team win most weeks and when we lose we lose with dignity.

if we take 1000 to away games which we have done a few times this year that about 45% of our home crowd which is dam good going in my book............ do you take 45% of your home crowd away to games, ?? i know who i would rather support wee man so come oan calm down :wink::laugh: