2012/13 UEFA Europa League - St Johnstone

Shibbydoo

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eskisehir (if we are actually playing there) sounds OK from online travel guides:

"City’s large university student population makes it a place quite easy to communicate in English, although local older generations may only speak Turkish.":D

"The city centre, especially streets leading to or running parallel with the Porsuk River are teeming with local and American-style fast food restaurants and pizzerias":)

"Since it is a usual habit for university students to binge drink and to pub crawl, there are many bars, pubs, clubs, and discos scattered around the city" :razz:

So Saints draw is subject to change of date, fixture reversals and subject to a court of arbitration ruling on Besiktas? Then even if we get the original team we were drawn against, it may be moved to Istanbul or Ankara? Add in UEFA's streaming of the draw being taken down with no explanation and their media centre seemingly clueless that a draw was even taking place today.

Very successful, well done UEFA.

It's poor stuff.

I say as a result of all this we get a bye to the next round and boot them out as they have a crap stadium with no seats.

Hopefully everything is sorting out quickly so it doesn't cost us all a bloomin' fortune to get there.

A quick look on their fans forum with a translator shows they are as confused as us.

They have the same poster on their site, think they are at home first and have issues in that we don't need a visa to visit Turkey but they need one to come to Scotland.

The Turkish fans are looking at KLM as a cheap way to get here.

Their stadium only has 3,000 seats out of a capacity of around 18,000 and I am sure you can only use seats in Europa league games, hence the possible switch of venues.

The draw stated N4* (TUR) v Saint Johnstone FC (SCO)

This is subject to all the scandal of match fixing and other irregularities in Turkish football.

It's subject to the CAS making a decision but does anyone know when it is? I know Bursaspor were given punishment and cleared to play but what is happening now with the other Turkish clubs?

No like Saints not to have a straight forward team to play against.

A quick look on their fans forum with a translator shows they are as confused as us.

They have the same poster on their site, think they are at home first and have issues in that we don't need a visa to visit Turkey but they need one to come to Scotland.

Their stadium only has 3,000 seats out of a capacity of around 18,000 and I am sure you can only use seats in Europa league games, hence the possible switch of venues.

KLM from Glasgow to Istanbul via Amsterdam was coming in at £300 when I checked earlier.

Stadium doesn't meet the UEFA guidelines from what I've read.

I thought it was home on the 19th and away on the 26th??

Just need to wait a couple of days to see what happens.

Uefa could apologise to us and say "you get a bye into round 3 cause we don't know whats goin on either"