Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

Gertie, don't get me wrong not having a go at you. If the club have the capacity to sell and maximise on profit on meals for home and away fans.....great. Yul Bruner just posted showing them how much money they can make selling a few bottles of pishy beer. Just hope the club know how to maximise there profits, they pay people to do so.

Gertie, don't get me wrong not having a go at you. If the club have the capacity to sell and maximise on profit on meals for home and away fans.....great. Yul Bruner just posted showing them how much money they can make selling a few bottles of pishy beer. Just hope the club know how to maximise there profits, they pay people to do so.

:)That description of Ghosty has to stay!

what about away fans having something to eat. Dont kill it of before it opens:sad:

But Gertie, I am not saying there should be no food. It's a football match my dear and as such simple football fare would suffice surely. If people want filet mignon they take corporate hospitality. Finger food ( pies panninis, burgers and the like) would be far better but hey you guys knock yersels out.

Please don't accuse me of trying to kill it n though my dear. I have worked in hospitality all my working life and I know where you make the best money.

On alcohol not food:wink:

Anyway, I will say no more on the subject.

I appreciate the saints fans wanting to do everything possible to maximise club profits but what are the club doing about it ?? Seems like all the good ideas are coming from the magnificent seven ?

No John, the idea for the MS changes came from the club not the Fans group.. Credit where credit is due.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114306798

Some positive comments on the Aberdeen fans forum about the idea of maximising the impact of the day, and returning the favour in December.

Got a nice email from them too, and agreed to keep them up to speed with any additional entertainment etc that might be provided, as discussed above.

To maximise the potential for a large crowd I think we' ll have to move out of the East Stand. If we don't there will only be capacity for 2900 Aberdeen fans leaving apprrox 7500 seats for Saints fans which we'll never fill leaving at least 3000 spare seats.

Any feedback from Aberdeen on the potential size of their travelling support?

To maximise the potential for a large crowd I think we' ll have to move out of the East Stand. If we don't there will only be capacity for 2900 Aberdeen fans leaving apprrox 7500 seats for Saints fans which we'll never fill leaving at least 3000 spare seats.

Nah, give them the north and a bit of the main

What the **** are you talking about? I'm moving out of the East Stand for no ****. :evil: I'm getting ****ing sick of all this trying to turn every game into an organised carnival. **** off. :evil:

Having to organise atmosphere in a football ground?

What is it coming to.

Do other clubs have to post on their fan sites for this? What does it look like to these other teams.

Having been a supporter all my life, I know how much atmosphere Saints fans CAN generate, although its dwindled over the last few years.

Its just sad to see it having to be organised.

What the **** are you talking about? I'm moving out of the East Stand for no ****. :evil: I'm getting ****ing sick of all this trying to turn every game into an organised carnival. **** off. :evil:

It has been mooted that Aberdeen may bring 3500 to the game. If that happens, they will have to go in the East Stand. As season tickets state, we may have to move to accommodate large away supports, due to the Ormond being a family stand.

Those extra 600 sheep sh***ers will make the club around £13k. That's money we can't throw away, what with season ticket sales being poor. Shite but unfortunately true

What is it coming to.

Do other clubs have to post on their fan sites for this? What does it look like to these other teams.

Having been a supporter all my life, I know how much atmosphere Saints fans CAN generate, although its dwindled over the last few years.

That doesn't apply just to football. Too many people need everything provided on a silver plate these days. Just the nature of society these days.

Part of the problem is that the kind of things that have been suggested in this thread as additional entertainment or money making opportunities require organising because of all the rules and regulations and red tape. 30 years ago folk would have just turned up with buckets of beer and started selling them.

Either everyone just bends over and accepts all the fun and initiative has been drained out of life, or people make an effort to make things happen. I hardly think that those who do deserve criticism for it.

Baaaaaah

What is it coming to.

Exactly. All this shite about "lists of singers" and organising where to meet inside the ground is embarrassing. What next, guys with clipboards directing people where to sit? You cannot artificially create an atmosphere at a game. Sure, some folk could stand and sing to their hearts content but unless it's happening naturally - forget it. So you can keep your 99 red balloons and big massive this and that pish. I'll be in the East Stand against Aberdeen and I'll sing what and when I like, if at all. Sorry for not being a "troo Saintee" like the rest of you.

It has been mooted that Aberdeen may bring 3500 to the game. If that happens, they will have to go in the East Stand. As season tickets state, we may have to move to accommodate large away supports, due to the Ormond being a family stand.

Those extra 600 sheep sh***ers will make the club around £13k. That's money we can't throw away, what with season ticket sales being poor. Shite but unfortunately true

Mooted by whom?