What is our catchment area?

Bev Callard

Have lived in Stranraer and Dumfries amongst others - there was certainly a few Saints fans in Dumfries, I know of a couple that go to most games. Now work in Dunblane and there's quite a few there. Have often wondered if it would be worth running a bus from Kinross, taking in Milnathort, Glenfarg and Bridge of Earn.

Due to location Kinross tends to be split down the middle having both Saints fans and Dunfermline fans, not counting the Celtic and erm... Sevco fans. Although the running of a bus starting in Kinross and picking up in other towns en rout to Perth is a good idea and I reckon there are enough people that could fill it regularly

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Alyth in the mid 80s and only knew of 2 other Saints fans my age but they were from Blair. Everyone else in Alyth seemed to be an Arab or a fan of the team that used to play at Ibrox.

I don't think things have changed much in the Alyth/Blair area for the 5-15 age group apart from the fact that it's no longer successful Scottish teams drawing the interest but Spanish and English teams......but that is a whole other discussion.

I grew up in Alyth in the mid 80s and only knew of 2 other Saints fans my age but they were from Blair. Everyone else in Alyth seemed to be an Arab or a fan of the team that used to play at Ibrox.

I don't think things have changed much in the Alyth/Blair area for the 5-15 age group apart from the fact that it's no longer successful Scottish teams drawing the interest but Spanish and English teams......but that is a whole other discussion.

I grew up in Alyth in the 60's and it was the same then. I think pretty much me and one other guy. Loads of Scumdee fans then, I remember getting a hard time at school the day after we got beat 3-1 in the League Cup semi at Tannadice.

• 2 weeks later...

The club is winning new fans too, a long way from Perth or even from Scotland. I was getting a bit disillusioned with football (particularly the premiership) until I started getting into St Johnstone. Following your trip to Eskishehir reminded me of why I like football. Hope I can make it up to McDiarmid some day. Good luck with the new season!

The club is winning new fans too, a long way from Perth or even from Scotland. I was getting a bit disillusioned with football (particularly the premiership) until I started getting into St Johnstone. Following your trip to Eskishehir reminded me of why I like football. Hope I can make it up to McDiarmid some day. Good luck with the new season!

Welcome.

How did you come to following Saints from all the way over in Belgium, if you don't mind me asking?

Are you originally from Perth or the surrounding areas?

Thanks.

I'm an ex-pat living in Belgium at the moment. I don't have any family connections to Perth, I'm from way down south originally. Just drifted into following Saints - the first thing that brought me into contact with the club was the fact that Jody Morris had his footballing redemption with you. Then I just kept seeing more reasons for liking the club - liked the atmosphere on the forum here, liked the fact that it's an honest club and sensibly run, none of the rubbish associated with the 'big' clubs these days, liked the stadium. And as I said, the whole Saints-Eses story was exactly why I like football.

What made u follow saints then?

Thanks.

I'm an ex-pat living in Belgium at the moment. I don't have any family connections to Perth, I'm from way down south originally. Just drifted into following Saints - the first thing that brought me into contact with the club was the fact that Jody Morris had his footballing redemption with you. Then I just kept seeing more reasons for liking the club - liked the atmosphere on the forum here, liked the fact that it's an honest club and sensibly run, none of the rubbish associated with the 'big' clubs these days, liked the stadium. And as I said, the whole Saints-Eses story was exactly why I like football.

Good stuff, well you should certainly try and get over for a game or two (home & away) at some point this season. It can't be too pricey to get the ferry over?