Livingston vs. Saints 23/09/06

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

Can't see a thread on this just yet. Any thoughts? I think we need to at least come away with a draw. Six points or more from our next three games would be ideal!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nairn Saint

I think this will be a big test after the mid-week high, although Meadowbanks' extra-time exploits will hopefully favour us. I hope McLaren gets a run against their tired legs in the second half.

I predict a hard fought one nil victory for the Pride of Perth.

Its the most important this season by far and its going to be a difficult one. If we play like we did on tuesday night then it will be a great game of football and hopefully 3points for us and also "TOP OF THE LEAGUE"

I hope the players arent too cocky after tuesdays result and forget about it and concentrate on the game in hand.

Mon the bluuuees!!!!!!!!

Can see a 1-1 draw here, if we lose I won't be too despondent as Ferranti don't seem to have any depth to their squad, if you take a look at their regular starting XI how many do you really think would displace what we have at the moment?

Oh and hello everybody, always just used to read this forum but Tuesday night got my voice back!

Thanks for that. James shouldn't have started, Ando has played great since he has come in for James.

Where is Savo?

Savo has a swolen knee James was taken off with 6 stitches and strained medial ligament in his knee.

Overall a draw isn't a bad result we played okay but missed savo. Ando was good when he came on and did well. Crazy livi goal to give away.

Getting a point against Livi away is not a bad result.

Yup, away point at close competitors is always welcome.

What happened for their goal?

Kevin James - the big donkey that he is tried to make a clearance and completely missed it (not surprisingly) - the keeper came out and got in a fiddle with James and their guy just passed it into the empty net. Our defence really lacks composure when that big numpty plays. Ando is a FAR better centre half and proved it when he came on - yet again he was superb.

The whole defence had a shot at messing around with the ball in dangerous positions today - I dont know what was up with them. Strange.

Livi looked quite average though had a couple of tidy midfielders (Makel? was very good). If we had played 50% as good as we could we would have won easy.

Hardie was terrible though he set up Jason well with a flick on. Not sure whats up with him but his touch was terrible (again) and he was very slow. Sheerin was quite good today but Coyle (showing a Brewster style substitution) took him off when he was our best player. What was that all about? Why not McLaren or Sheridan or Hardie?

Decent point but should have won it.

Agree with a lot of the individual points that Broon makes but we simple weren't good enough to merit the three points today. That's not to say Livi are a decent side as on that showing they aren't and were time wasting from when they scored, clearly happy to settle for a point.

Our defence was intent on trying to gift them chances and McLaren didn't play a decent final ball all day. Far too many under par performances and then the one guy that is playing quite well is subbed off! The fans let Coyle know how they felt about that though!