Saints vs Gretna 14/10/06

SaintSam1884

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're going to beat Gretna. No idea what team we will be playing against with their up and down form, but a 4-0 loss to Dundee and a loss to relegation fodder Airdrie Utd show they are vulnerable.

I'd start with McLaren in the team as they are known to struggle against pace, might also start Peaso up front with Scotland with Milne on the bench if needed.

All in all I'm looking forward to this one as I missed the Gretna cup game last year, hopefully Mileson will be sitting close enough to me to get an earful as well.

I think that it will be a good game if saints dont sit back and as long as we get the first goal. If gretna get a goal like they did the last time we played them it will just be 11 men playing behind the ball for the rest of the game. I hope both teams try and make a game of it like dundee utd did when they came to perth.

What do you ken about fairys.Are you one yourself :?:

i went to gala fairydean once.there was a riot,pitch invasions,saints fan gonna whack there goalie with a big stick and a big nutter gala dude.that wisnae a fairy story either.

lets thump these gretna border clowns on saturday

i went to gala fairydean once.there was a riot,pitch invasions,saints fan gonna whack there goalie with a big stick and a big nutter gala dude.that wisnae a fairy story either.

lets thump these gretna border clowns on saturday

remember it well,waiting to get on the bus under a hail of rocks it was rather silly.(mad bastards)

yesterday's Courier had him fully fit and raring to go, whilst today's says he is doubtful. I suspect he'll be on the bench if in the squad at all.

I think the first goal will be important in this game. Saints will need to go hard at it from the start.

Doesn't sound good, he is definatley a player we need to get at their defence. I think Andy Jackson should get into the starting 11 instead of peaso if savo doesnt make. His work rate will hopefully do the job savo would, I don't think peaso should play from the start he has shown his fitness isn't quite there yet, and this far to big a game to be playing a player you don't know what they will give. We know we will get 100% from andy.

A win here and the players will have another week seeing us top of the league, confidence will be high giving OC the platform to hopefully break away from the likes of livvy and gretna. Because of this i think this game could shape our season, lets hope the boys are up to it!

A win here and the players will have another week seeing us top of the league

We can only go top of the league if we beat Gretna and Livi do worse than us at home to Hamilton. If not we shall only move up to second and Livi will be top of the league.

We can only go top of the league if we beat Gretna and Livi do worse than us at home to Hamilton. If not we shall only move up to second and Livi will be top of the league.

Joint top of the league tho...if the players see that they will get a boost, same as the fans.