Saints V Aberdeen, Saturday 7/12/13

glenrothes saintee

Missed Saturdays game (work problems) but having seen the highlights Millar seems to be getting a bit of unfair slack for the first goal in my opinion. Yes, he lost the ball in a poor position and while it was partly his fault, it was a poor pass to give him in the first place. Not saying he didn't play poorly which he probably did judging by people's opinion, but slightly harsh blaming him solely for the first goal.

Missed Saturdays game (work problems) but having seen the highlights Millar seems to be getting a bit of unfair slack for the first goal in my opinion. Yes, he lost the ball in a poor position and while it was partly his fault, it was a poor pass to give him in the first place. Not saying he didn't play poorly which he probably did judging by people's opinion, but slightly harsh blaming him solely for the first goal.

He was absolutely dreadful.  I don't recall him not losing possession of the ball in the first half.  Every single time he got the ball, he lost it again.  However, at least he held his hands up and said he was dreadful.

He lost the ball for the first goal when he shouldn't have, but more than that, it was a couple of minutes after he had done exactly the same thing for the first Pawlett chance, and about the 4th time in the match he had been caught out in exactly the same way.

He was absolutely dreadful. I don't recall him not losing possession of the ball in the first half. Every single time he got the ball, he lost it again. However, at least he held his hands up and said he was dreadful.

He lost the ball for the first goal when he shouldn't have, but more than that, it was a couple of minutes after he had done exactly the same thing for the first Pawlett chance, and about the 4th time in the match he had been caught out in exactly the same way.

Yeah, as I said not being there makes it difficult to put in to context and if he had been caught in similar positions then he really shouldn't be caught again, but as an isolated incident I would say there is lots to improve on with regards to the goal rather than just Midge.

Yeah, as I said not being there makes it difficult to put in to context and if he had been caught in similar positions then he really shouldn't be caught again, but as an isolated incident I would say there is lots to improve on with regards to the goal rather than just Midge.

I'm a fan of Millar, I think he brings something to the team, and in terms of end product, he has been very unlucky this season, hitting the post and being beaten by some excellent saves.  Last season he couldn't hit the target at all.  He never hides in games.  However, it would be wrong to say he was anything short of dreadful on Saturday.  By far the worst performance he's ever put in in a Saints shirt.  

He is the kind of player who will play an absolute blinder on Saturday though.  He's a determined character who gives 100%.  Give me one Chris Millar over 1000 Rory Fallons any day!

Edited by montrosesaintee

??? If you weren't there, go and have a look at the 8 minute highlights of the Livingston match in the Livingston thread (funnily enough) - he lost the ball at least twice EVEN in those highlights...

And why get plaudits for going on twitter for apologising for being shite.... put your phone down - and spend an extra (50) hour (s) on the training pitch improving your sharpness. Not a fan. Away and make some amusing video for you tube or sit on Sportscene on sunday night and spout some pish...

??? If you weren't there, go and have a look at the 8 minute highlights of the Livingston match in the Livingston thread (funnily enough) - he lost the ball at least twice EVEN in those highlights...

And why get plaudits for going on twitter for apologising for being shite.... put your phone down - and spend an extra (50) hour (s) on the training pitch improving your sharpness. Not a fan. Away and make some amusing video for you tube or sit on Sportscene on sunday night and spout some pish...

Once more, I'm talking about the first goal on Saturday, not his overall performance and certainly not about his performances from weeks ago. He is normally very good at spinning an opponent and creating room for himself, it obviously didn't work well for him on Saturday.

Footballers tend to work for very short periods of the day. He is perfectly entitled to follow other pursuits for the benefit of his family in his spare time. As you are entitled to not appreciate his talents as a footballer, however to question his work ethic and attitude seems extremely strange.

Once more, I'm talking about the first goal on Saturday, not his overall performance and certainly not about his performances from weeks ago. He is normally very good at spinning an opponent and creating room for himself, it obviously didn't work well for him on Saturday.

Footballers tend to work for very short periods of the day. He is perfectly entitled to follow other pursuits for the benefit of his family in his spare time. As you are entitled to not appreciate his talents as a footballer, however to question his work ethic and attitude seems extremely strange.

Del boy & Pawlett know his game & knee he would turn into trouble.