Motherwell Fc V St Johnstone Fc 01/01/14

stanley saint

This was my fourth away game of the season. I've seen two 0-0 draws where we have been backs to the wall for most of the game and two 4-0 defeats. I might revert back to be a home goer only. Saints are awesome then. If our away form was anywhere near as good as our home form we would be right up there with Motherwell. I see TW has no intention of changing our style of play on the road because "of the players we have at this club". Sometimes it's good to play ugly and pick up three points, Tommy.

Yesterday was a funny game in that we had plenty of our own chances. We played some good stuff going forward at times and created some great chances. At times the match was end to end and would've been great for a neutral spectator. Unlike at Tannadice when we were really poor and absolutely pummelled by a far superior team. A back four of Scobbie, Wright, Anderson and MacKay doesn't work with teams who have pace. Motherwell and Dundee United have shown that to sickening effect this season. They are direct, fast and use their wide men brilliantly and this defence can't cope with it. They were pinging crosses into our box at every opportunity and it was a horror show at the back. I appreciate if Easton had been available he would've been in ahead of Scobbie though. I hink there will be some teams we will have to change our defence for. We need a couple of players in there who can cope with the pace of the opposition.

I like the 4-5-1 formation but think it works better with Cregg. It's not a criticism to say Brown looked a bit out of his depth yesterday. That was a tough game to mark your first senior start and I could see plenty of potential for him to develop into a real box to box midfielder. I thought taking him off and replacing him with RORY FALLON was bizarre. I actually looked down to the dugout and said to my dad "oh here comes Jahic". Then the announcer said "Rory Fallon" and it all went downhill from there. I think that substitution killed the game from our point of view. We were 2-0 down but we weren't out of it. I understand the concept of chucking on another striker and going for it but it just left us exposed in the middle and they killed us off.

PS - what an absolutely shit ground that is. Hideous. Horrible main stand too.

If we're playing Route 1 then start Fallon as target man, and buy our midfielders a family size packet of Nurofen for their necks will be sair watching the ball fly over their heads.

Alternatively stick with Stevie, get a midfielder (Paddy) to hold in front of the back four and take the short pass, giving us the option of playing it on the deck to Stevie or Nige through the channels.

simples.

Motherwell did play well but all goals were avoidable from our point of view.

I always say when we play Sutton work hard to stop the cross because he has the beating of us in the air. Our cbs aren't small but he's dominant compared to them. That's how we beat them at mcd.

What did we do for the first goal... Stood off and gave them loads of space to cross the ball in! Goal...

This was my fourth away game of the season. I've seen two 0-0 draws where we have been backs to the wall for most of the game and two 4-0 defeats. I might revert back to be a home goer only. Saints are awesome then. If our away form was anywhere near as good as our home form we would be right up there with Motherwell. I see TW has no intention of changing our style of play on the road because "of the players we have at this club". Sometimes it's good to play ugly and pick up three points, Tommy.

Yesterday was a funny game in that we had plenty of our own chances. We played some good stuff going forward at times and created some great chances. At times the match was end to end and would've been great for a neutral spectator. Unlike at Tannadice when we were really poor and absolutely pummelled by a far superior team. A back four of Scobbie, Wright, Anderson and MacKay doesn't work with teams who have pace. Motherwell and Dundee United have shown that to sickening effect this season. They are direct, fast and use their wide men brilliantly and this defence can't cope with it. They were pinging crosses into our box at every opportunity and it was a horror show at the back. I appreciate if Easton had been available he would've been in ahead of Scobbie though. I hink there will be some teams we will have to change our defence for. We need a couple of players in there who can cope with the pace of the opposition.

I like the 4-5-1 formation but think it works better with Cregg. It's not a criticism to say Brown looked a bit out of his depth yesterday. That was a tough game to mark your first senior start and I could see plenty of potential for him to develop into a real box to box midfielder. I thought taking him off and replacing him with RORY FALLON was bizarre. I actually looked down to the dugout and said to my dad "oh here comes Jahic". Then the announcer said "Rory Fallon" and it all went downhill from there. I think that substitution killed the game from our point of view. We were 2-0 down but we weren't out of it. I understand the concept of chucking on another striker and going for it but it just left us exposed in the middle and they killed us off.

PS - what an absolutely shit ground that is. Hideous. Horrible main stand too.

I read what Tommy said also and thought it was a bit bizarre. There have been two instances this season where we have played away from home, kept it tight, with the current playing personnel and won and that was versus minsk and Rosenberg. Winning ugly can be done.

Hibs are chronic. We've also got a game in hand and a far better run of fixtures coming up. Be positive!

Yes but I am looking at our form.A point against Hibs & 3 against United reserves in 6 games.Butcher has Hibs fired up as well. Look what he did at Caley without any great players & just a striker on form. Hope to feck I am wrong though. next 4 games will decide.