Long-Term Impact

blueheaven

I've not seen too many on my travels. The only one I can think of is a lad that works at Harlaw Academy, but I can't remember his name.

I've worked in Aberdeen for 2 years and he's literally the only one I've seen.

I know who you're meaning! I know of a couple of others that are up here but aren't season ticket holders.

Also don't want to look a tit and sit by myself haha.

The idea of a flexi ticket is a great suggestion to put forward. I'm currently dithering over whether to get a season ticket for next season but worried about the travel costs etc to get to all the home games. A flexi ticket would still allow me to attend a bulk of the home games but I could maybe be a bit more selective - especially in the winter.

I work in Banchory, so could help out with travel to any midweek games.  Not much extra hassle to go via Aberdeen.

I know who you're meaning! I know of a couple of others that are up here but aren't season ticket holders.

Also don't want to look a tit and sit by myself haha.

Ha ha know what you mean! Well I'm up in Aberdeen Mon - Fri so if you're ever needing a hurl to Perth for a midweek game that's no problem, though obviously you'd have to get Public Transport back up. Keep the cost down a little though I suppose.

The flexi ticket is a fab idea, I don't know of anyone from the club reads this site to gauge fans views but surely someone has maybe already put this across to the club??

The armed forces ticket was that kind of ticket. was something like 5 games of choice.

-----------

and if they're going to do that, it would be useful also to have a section "Would you help sponsor a season ticket?" I live in Yorkshire, so I don't want a season ticket, and I've thought before about buying one anyway and giving it back to the club to hand out each week to different schools, but the cost was prohibitive. If they sent out to 11,500 Cup final ticket buyers the option of putting, say, £20 or £30 or £50 towards sponsoring a group of season tickets for distribution, I think some people would take that up.

That way we get new people attending each match, every one a potential new long-term recruit.

Bit like sponsoring a brick.  Except in the case the 'bricks' don't go to build a section of wall they build up to say a 50% contribution to a season ticket for someone who can go regularly.  And what do I get?  For a £20 contribution maybe I get in return say 2x£10 vouchers to be redeemed against cost of entry on the rare occasion I am able to get to Perth for a game.  So rather than pay £22 to get in I get into two matches for £12 a game.  Or some scheme like that.

I agree with all of the above. To keep the momentum going and the interest there, the marketing department need to get constructive to both cash in and capitalise on the untapped support out there.

The Cup win and a good wee Euro run would help a bit towards the crowd numbers.

Local residents need to realise that's it's okay to support Saints rather than the other apparently "bigger" more fashionable teams. Being in Aberdeen I can only get to games in Perth when I can, and games in Aberdeen both dependant on shifts allowing.

I'm not sure if Saints offer this type of season ticket or not but, a good idea which the dismal dons promote is an emergency workers season ticket "10 home games" to allow for shift patterns. Other types of similar offers may be worth their while thinking about, as one thing the last couple of weeks has brought to light is St Johnstone fans are wide spread and far flung to all corners of the globe. Not everyone is in a position where they can get to every game, no matter how much they would want too.

Bottom line to keep this interest and the support through the season the biggest factor is the performances and the results on the pitch. Nail that and we're a long way there IMHO  :cool:          

I'm pleased to see I've had an original idea. It's a first  :laugh:  

The way the Dismal Dons work their Emergency Services ticket is: its a 10 home game ticket for £195 compared to £425 for a Main Stand full adult season ticket.

I'm sure a similar flexi / shift workers ticket would be worth the board exploring, they may worry though that supporters will opt to buy that instead of a full season ticket as most will miss some games due to other commitments, therefore resulting in less revenue with no increase in crowd attendance.

The Police, Fire, NHS pool is worth them tapping into though.  

Please note the ;) icon.  I was being a cheeky chunt as usual.  

I was adding to your comment, not commenting on it :laugh:

Thanks for all your work with ringtones and videos and stuff. Great work!

Being retired I can look at all the stuff all day, every day!