Mackay's Red Card

sainties sheep

As reported, MacKay's red card is rescinded and the diving t*** is given a 2 match ban.

I have a radical suggestion that in cases such as this where it is proved that the referee got it so wrong, the SFA also impose a 2 match ban on him, or the linesman, whichever made the decision.

To take it a step further, chop off the resultant goal (if it resulted in a penalty which was converted, as it was in this case) for the teams aggregate score in the league.  

Further, if the result was only 1-0, the goal having been scored in the manor as it was above, the goal being chopped off and all 3 points should be awarded to the other team.

This action by players throwing themselves down is such a dramatic manor could be stopped by penalising the whole team would soon put a stop to it.  If this was to happen, be rest assured any con artist trying it would be on the wrong end of a hoof in the nuts by the manager of any team.

Maybe that's all too drastic, but, had it only been that one goal which separated the 2 teams, the player is banned for 2 games, the team however still have the 3 points from a penalty which should never have been. :cool:

As reported, MacKay's red card is rescinded and the diving t*** is given a 2 match ban.

I have a radical suggestion that in cases such as this where it is proved that the referee got it so wrong, the SFA also impose a 2 match ban on him, or the linesman, whichever made the decision.

To take it a step further, chop off the resultant goal (if it resulted in a penalty which was converted, as it was in this case) for the teams aggregate score in the league.  

Further, if the result was only 1-0, the goal having been scored in the manor as it was above, the goal being chopped off and all 3 points should be awarded to the other team.

This action by players throwing themselves down is such a dramatic manor could be stopped by penalising the whole team would soon put a stop to it.  If this was to happen, be rest assured any con artist trying it would be on the wrong end of a hoof in the nuts by the manager of any team.

Maybe that's all too drastic, but, had it only been that one goal which separated the 2 teams, the player is banned for 2 games, the team however still have the 3 points from a penalty which should never have been. :cool:

Said elsewhere there was NO way they were going to punish the referee for this situation.

The resulting outcome showed that the Celtic player "conned" the referee into making his decision and that would be the stance the SFA / Referee committee would have taken .

The other stance would be that the sending off was correct (had the Celtic player not have accepted his ban).

Doesn't make it right and never will stop this type of cheating in the game though.

Just the same as, until the referee's start giving penalties for all the wrestling, shirt pulling, obstruction which goes on at every corner which, if in any other area of would constitute a foul, this type of cheating and conning of officials will never stop in the modern game.

UEFA tried to impose that rule a few years ago but it was never taken up by the referee's.        

The player sent off for cheating should be suspended for the immediate game after the offence and in the next match between their club and the club they have cheated against.

It is celtics next two opponents who gain any advantage by the suspension. St Johnstone suffered in the match when the offence took place and will suffer in the next match against Celtic as the player will be allowed to play and potentially commit the offence again.

In life we all make mistakes.The referees are trying to do a job which is made difficult by the players trying to seek an advantage or more bluntly cheating. In my opinion punishing the Ref does not help as they may leave the game or some one inferior Ref comes in to take their place. They are at this level because they are the best we have. Punishing the player helps to a certain degree as he misses the next couple of games. But teams like Celtic have a big enough squad that he will not be missed. I believe the only way to cut it out is to deduct points from the players team win lose or draw. I realise this could be the difference between relegation or title winning the league. If the teams knew they were going to lose points they would make certain their players did not dive or immediatly tell the Ref it was not a penalty.

Apart from punishing the officials which will never happen, I like it! This issue really grates on me, just the other day I had a "debate" which someone who was trying to argue that MacKay pushed the boy in the back, taking him off his stride and so whether he went down there or where he shoved him a foul happened in the box.

I know on this occasion things worked out but for me that attitude is the problem and until that changes diving will always be in football, but punishments like suggested above would be a big step

For example the costa incident on the Monday night football for most people I spoke to and the guys in studio that was a penalty, to me a dive! Blatant dive! Yes there was contact but the foot was left expecting the contact no effort was made to hop that tiny wee arm on the ground!

I know the main argument tends to be that how can tell what the force of the impact was to make that decision after the incident but I still disagree, body movements will show if natural movements or forced, maybe I have a different mind set though,

Over the length of the season it levels it's out does it not?  

I'm afraid in Saints case.. it does'nt even itself out over a lifetime nevermind a season!

Proof again today if it was needed...that Aberdeen at Pitoddrie would have been given at least one, possibly two of the decisions denied to Saints.

The right outcome in the end.

But.......The Linesman, who had the same side on view as me, must have seen it was a dive. There was no way he could think otherwise, unless he wasn't looking. He should be taken to task.

As it was, I can understand why the ref gave the penalty, given he was looking through the incident rather than side on.

Ultimately though, Boerrigter is the cheat, and he's been punished, not that it helps Saints.

Deila very quiet on his promise to punish if guilty.Pundits on telly not helping either.Once again during the lunchtime match  Michael Owen said that the striker had every right to go down as some refs might have awarded a pen.Then at the tea-time game Leighton Baines was questioned for staying on his feet when he could easily have gone down.Lets not beat about the bush it is CHEATING and should not be tolerated and indeed punished heavily.

Deila very quiet on his promise to punish if guilty.Pundits on telly not helping either.Once again during the lunchtime match Michael Owen said that the striker had every right to go down as some refs might have awarded a pen.Then at the tea-time game Leighton Baines was questioned for staying on his feet when he could easily have gone down.Lets not beat about the bush it is CHEATING and should not be tolerated and indeed punished heavily.

It should indeed but how does that help the team that have been cheated?

Maybe the next time the two teams play the team doing the Cheating start with ten men?

Sounds radical, but if that causes them to lose an important fixture, then you'd see it stop immediately.

Again at the weekend Pawlett booked for a dive in the box against Saints. He dived the season before in a game against Saints. The result was a penalty, which was the winning goal between the 2 teams. He was fined afterwards by the SFA. Obviously such a harsh punishment imposed on him made the difference, NOT !!!

Even a roll up of like offences and offenders should be kept and after 3 strikes the club and player get a stinker of a fine plus he gets a 5 or 6 game ban, or more. After all, it's cheating in sport to gain an advantage over an opponent, it may be miles away but what is the difference between the likes of the Celik player or Pawlett and a cyclist or athlete who is guilty of taking drugs to gain that advantage ?  All are cheats. 

Next game at McD I want to hear the Human League tune they adopted being sung by the Santies with the words "Peter Pawlett diver" being substituted.

This subject really rips my knitting apart :cool:    

Again at the weekend Pawlett booked for a dive in the box against Saints. He dived the season before in a game against Saints. The result was a penalty, which was the winning goal between the 2 teams. He was fined afterwards by the SFA. Obviously such a harsh punishment imposed on him made the difference, NOT !!!

Even a roll up of like offences and offenders should be kept and after 3 strikes the club and player get a stinker of a fine plus he gets a 5 or 6 game ban, or more. After all, it's cheating in sport to gain an advantage over an opponent, it may be miles away but what is the difference between the likes of the Celik player or Pawlett and a cyclist or athlete who is guilty of taking drugs to gain that advantage ? All are cheats.

Next game at McD I want to hear the Human League tune they adopted being sung by the Santies with the words "Peter Pawlett diver" being substituted.

This subject really rips my knitting apart :cool:

Aberdeen didn't get any penalties against us last season so no idea what you're on about Edited by Zamora Fan

Aberdeen didn't get any penalties against us last season so no idea what you're on about

Sorry Zamora, dementia doesn't come easy. I never said last season. I said the season before he came to us on loan which would make it maybe 11-12 or 12-13.

As said dementia doesn't come easy :laugh:

Seems it wasn't against us, it was Hibs. What I'm on about is below. Anyone see a recurring theme !! :cool:

On 20 December 2011 in a 1–0 win over Hibernian, Pawlett received a straight red card after a challenge on Lewis Stevenson. In the second half before his sending off, he fell theatrically inside the penalty box when challenged by Ivan Sproule, resulting in a penalty being given which was converted by Scott Vernon. After the game, he was given a two match suspension by the SFA.[13] The club decided against appealing the ban meaning.[14]

After being recalled from his loan with St. Johnstone, he made his first appearance since leaving on loan, in a 0–0 draw against Hibernian. During the match, Pawlett created controversy when he was booked for diving, leading Craig Brown to say that if it was found he had dived, the club would take action against him.[15] In a match against Dundee on 5 May 2013, Pawlett was criticised for allegedly diving to win a penalty. The penalty was converted by Niall McGinn to level the game. The match finished 1–1, but the draw wasn't enough to prevent Dundee being relegated to the First Division.[16] After criticism of the diving,[17] Pawlett received a two-match suspension, which was accepted by the club, following an investigation from the SFA.

I rest my case re Pawlett diving, he has more skid marks left across SPL stadium than a tramps undercrackers :cool:

One phrase sums him and any others like him. "Diving, cheating bar steward"

Edited by sainties sheep

3 points stolen from Hibs, 3 points stolen from Dundee (they were winning and would've won 1-0)

And an attempt at the weekend to steal 2 points from Saints.

No place in the game for these guys. McKay's red card was rescinded against Selik but the team still suffered.

The respective teams of the divers should suffer in a just and fair world.

Jesus, I have vertigo and this soap box is so high I'm getting scared :cool: