Christmas Lights Switch On

ancientsaint

the thing is on one of the points, Muslim only areas I you were quite adamant there is no such thing I produced a piece which backed up there is and you just dismissed it so it seems pointless continuing because you obviously think they do no wrong

Are you referring to this blog post?: https://kafircrusaders.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/racist-muslim-pack-attack-in-tower-hamlets-shows-area-is-now-no-go-area-for-infidels/

If so, it contains absolutely no evidence of "Muslim only" areas. What it does is describe one violent incident and then claim that this incident is "proof" that Tower Hamlets is "a no go area for non Muslims". Now, do you honestly, honestly believe that that is true? Tower Hamlets is a pretty big London borough with a population over four times the size of Perth. As you yourself told me, 35% of its population are Muslims. That means a huge amount of non-Muslims live there. So to call it a "no go area for non Muslims" based on one crime doesn't really make sense, does it?

Are you referring to this blog post?: https://kafircrusaders.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/racist-muslim-pack-attack-in-tower-hamlets-shows-area-is-now-no-go-area-for-infidels/

If so, it contains absolutely no evidence of "Muslim only" areas. What it does is describe one violent incident and then claim that this incident is "proof" that Tower Hamlets is "a no go area for non Muslims". Now, do you honestly, honestly believe that that is true? Tower Hamlets is a pretty big London borough with a population over four times the size of Perth. As you yourself told me, 35% of its population are Muslims. That means a huge amount of non-Muslims live there. So to call it a "no go area for non Muslims" based on one crime doesn't really make sense, does it?

the sharia patrols? Suppose they don't exist either.

the sharia patrols? Suppose they don't exist either.

I don't know anything about that. I don't know whether they exist or not, but I've already proven that the site you linked to is an unreliable source. It uses bias and exaggeration to try to steer people towards a particular political viewpoint. So we can't trust anything it says.

Even if they do exist, it does not prove that Tower Hamlets is a "Muslim only area", does it?

I don't know anything about that. I don't know whether they exist or not, but I've already proven that the site you linked to is an unreliable source. It uses bias and exaggeration to try to steer people towards a particular political viewpoint. So we can't trust anything it says.

Even if they do exist, it does not prove that Tower Hamlets is a "Muslim only area", does it?

that's your view that it is bias, maybe because you don't want to believe it. The mayor is an extremist Muslim. Something like 64 or 65% of money goes to Muslim organisations christian organisations get about 23%. Wikipedia will tell you about the Muslim only areas and the sharia patrols, although I suppose that will be wrong aswell.

Also I think I said that there are Muslim only areas in Tower Hamlets not that Tower Hamlets is a Muslim only area, although I'm sure you will pull me up and correct me if I didn't

Well that's not what the site you linked to says, is it? The site says "Tower Hamlets is a no go area for non Muslims". Therefore the site is lying, yes?

The amount of money organisations get, the religion of the Mayor, whether or not these patrols exist - none of it is relevant to the fact that Tower Hamlets is not a Muslim only area. And it's definitely not relevant to the point I was actually disagreeing with you on, which is that if you go to Tower Hamlets you'll see evidence of an attempt to ban Christmas.

I suppose you also think it was ok for the black flag of islam to be flying outside the will crooks housing estate only half a mile from canary wharf

I'm at a loss as to the relevance of this.

I've answered all of the questions you've put to me on this thread. You still continue to dodge mine.

so you know every inch of tower Hamlets do you? Would you walk through will crooks at night being all festive and Christian?

I'm not a Christian, so no I wouldn't do that.

The blog you're using to back yourself up says that Tower Hamlets is a no go area for non-Muslims. Is the blog lying when it says that, yes or no?

this thread has degenerated from a policitical debate into a pretty obvious trolling ( or too much xmas spirit and a bit too much daily mail). why dont you just close it bh, otherwise i think it'll sink into a yet more and more vacuous debate about how foreigners/immigrants/brown people are bad.

I agree with you but I wouldn't want the thread closed. In this case I think it's far better to expose bigots by questioning their flimsy, nonsensical, unjustifiable arguments.

Two things. One just to say a lot of towns/cities are calling christmas a winter festival so not to upset other religions I'm glad to say Perth still calls it christmas. Yes we have a winter festival but if you look at the programme of what's on it does say Christmas light switch on so Christmas is part of the winter festival.

Two. Christmas is a Christian celebration so if you follow it to the law people who aren't christian shouldn't celabrate Christmas so shouldn't complain bout other religions themselves.

Two things. One just to say a lot of towns/cities are calling christmas a winter festival so not to upset other religions I'm glad to say Perth still calls it christmas. Yes we have a winter festival but if you look at the programme of what's on it does say Christmas light switch on so Christmas is part of the winter festival.

Two. Christmas is a Christian celebration so if you follow it to the law people who aren't christian shouldn't celabrate Christmas so shouldn't complain bout other religions themselves.

Lets deal ith your points one at a time saintgscot, I challenge you  to produce evidence that any town/city have renamed Christmas 'so not to upset other religions'. 

The 'Winterville' tag was first used in Birmingham (in the 90's) and was proposed by Birmingham Chamber of Commerce to maximise commercial activity over the Nov/Dec/Jan.....sod all to do with 'upsetting other religions'.  Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary?

http://steveshark.wordpress.com/2009/11/22/winterval-its-a-myth-in-dundee/

Point 2......Midwinter festivals predate Christianity by centuries and most major religions have festivals when the days are shortest to mark the beginning of a new lunar cycle and indeed a new year, I have no issue with anyone marking either of these things.........you seem to be advocating banning Christmas for non Christians?  :wink:

This seems like quite an odd point to make. I'm not a Christian, but I do celebrate Christmas (like quite a lot of non-Christians). I'm not aware of this breaking any laws or harming anyone.

Even after page after page of this thread, nobody has managed to bring forward any evidence that there is a genuine movement of people out there who are offended by Christmas, complain about Christmas or (brilliantly) feel that Christmas trees become offensive if they exceed a non-specified size.

This seems like quite an odd point to make. I'm not a Christian, but I do celebrate Christmas (like quite a lot of non-Christians). I'm not aware of this breaking any laws or harming anyone.

Even after page after page of this thread, nobody has managed to bring forward any evidence that there is a genuine movement of people out there who are offended by Christmas, complain about Christmas or (brilliantly) feel that Christmas trees become offensive if they exceed a non-specified size.

Im sure there'll be a NF DailyMailUKIP supporter along soon to counteract this and complain about all those Norwegian spruces being sold in "our" garden centres.. . . .