Club To Cover The Cost Of Match Tickets In Armenia

Saint GB

My point is we are not like most clubs. We cannot afford to buy players or pay competitive wages. Yes our club relies on the goodwill of the BOD but does that entitle them to give out freebees. Would that £20-£40 (which multiplies for each round) be better spent on a player. Sorry for going off topic.

Yes it does. They must get some benefits for their time. As has been stated, most of those going will currently or will have previously held some sort of position at Saints which was also probably unpaid. The BOD can do what they like at times like these IMO. They run the club with nothing but the best of interests and deserve to enjoy times like this. If that's at the expense of an extra player then so be it. They'll have saved us millions down the years by volunteering to do what is probably quite a time heavy role.

Offft, people complaining that those who have worked for the club for years for nothing moaning that they get treated to a European away match!

Not people. Person. 

I'm proud to support the sort of club who might give a 'freebie' to a 79-year-old volunteer doorman - who has worked without pay for nearly forty years.

Edited by Brogan

When we went to Turkey on the charter the plane cost £85k this info was given to me on the plane by the organiser. So I'd say we made a profit on that one considering the fans paid an additional £550 to go there.

I'd assume Armenia will cost similar plus inflation, but with the £200k from UEFA we won't be losing out much if anything at all.

I suppose with the home receipts saints will make a few quid out of the first round. More if the catering kiosks have food in them.

As for the tickets I'm hoping the away team will let us Saints fans in for feck all.

Doubt it though, but with pints costing 80p I'll take the hit for a ticket.

Why on earth do the club pay for players/staff on a charter if costs so much? Just get them on a flight to london then to Armenia for 500 each? I cant see how a few extra hours travel time will affect performance with enough time to train and recover from travel over there?

A few reasons...

Availability of seats for the number squad / backroom staff there is at late notice

Being able to fly when they want to not having to adhere to schedules

Noy having to worry about missing connections

Save quite a bit on exess charges on some of the equipment they take with them as well as not having to worry about it going missing

The money the club earns is not that great IF we progress...

From   http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/315702-how-uefas-increased-european-prize-money-will-boost-scottish-clubs/

Scotland will have three teams in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League next season and every step on the way to the competition proper will bring rewards.

Teams will receive €200,000 for elimination in the first qualifying round, €210,000 for the second round, €220,000 for the third qualifying round and €230k for exiting via the play-offs

what this actually means is that it would be better for us to get papped oot in Q1 because we get  roughly £140,000. If we progress  we get very little more and still have to fund the travel.  

That's shocking. Payments should be per round.

Anyone that thinks the club is going to be able to charter a flight to both Armenia and Serbia/Kazakhstan plus accommodation and connections for under 220k Euros is dreaming.

The payments are per round. We'll earn 410,000 in total if we get through this round.

The money the club earns is not that great IF we progress...

From   http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/315702-how-uefas-increased-european-prize-money-will-boost-scottish-clubs/

Scotland will have three teams in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League next season and every step on the way to the competition proper will bring rewards.

Teams will receive €200,000 for elimination in the first qualifying round, €210,000 for the second round, €220,000 for the third qualifying round and €230k for exiting via the play-offs

what this actually means is that it would be better for us to get papped oot in Q1 because we get  roughly £140,000. If we progress  we get very little more and still have to fund the travel

Dinae be daft, its cummulative :laugh:

The payments are per round. We'll earn 410,000 in total if we get through this round.

These payment are NOT per round. These are one offs and are paid   when you are knocked out.

On the Expenses front.....

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 57 Financial rules – matches up to and including the semi-finals

57.01 Each club retains its receipts from the sale of match tickets and bears all its expenses. The visiting club assumes its expenses for travel, board and lodging, unless the two clubs concerned agree otherwise.

I believe there is prize money for each round, based on this from UEFA's website.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2146866.html

"Meanwhile, every club that features in the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round will get €120,000 even if they go on to qualify for the group stage. Second qualifying round participants will gain €130,000 even if they go through to the group stage, and each club playing in the third qualifying round will receive €140,000 regardless of results.

Furthermore, all teams eliminated in the UEFA Europa League play-offs will collect €150,000 – the play-off winners will not be entitled to any solidarity payment for the play-offs but will retain payments received for the UEFA Europa League first, second and third qualifying rounds and will benefit from the competition distribution system from the group stage onwards."

I believe there is prize money for each round, based on this from UEFA's website.

It would be bizarre to suggest that clubs coming in at later stages would earn a relative pittance for doing so.

Edited by Brogan

Read it,  the word  elimination is the give away.

Really? You trust an STV journalist to get there facts right?

http://www.uefa.org/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2229945.html

In particular I would bring your attention to this paragraph.

Solidarity payments to clubs not qualified to the group stages

An enhanced distribution system for solidarity payments for clubs not competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League group stage has also been adopted by UEFA for the 2015-18 cycle. The distribution to clubs participating in the qualification phases of either competition (except those qualifying to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, which will not be entitled to these solidarity payments) will represent 3.5% of the overall revenues. An amount of at least €78.6m will be distributed, compared to €47.5m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of around 60%.

Clubs eliminated prior to the group stage will receive the following amounts per round: €200k in the first qualifying round, €300k in the second qualifying round and €400k in the third qualifying round (this latter, if not involved in the UEFA Champions League play-offs). In addition, any domestic champion not qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League will receive €250k.

In the UEFA Europa League, these solidarity payments will amount to: €200k in the first qualifying round, €210k in the second qualifying round, €220k in the third qualifying round and €230k in the play-offs (this latter, if not qualified to the UEFA Europa League group stage).

Really? You trust an STV journalist to get there facts right?

http://www.uefa.org/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2229945.html

In particular I would bring your attention to this paragraph.

Solidarity payments to clubs not qualified to the group stages

An enhanced distribution system for solidarity payments for clubs not competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League group stage has also been adopted by UEFA for the 2015-18 cycle. The distribution to clubs participating in the qualification phases of either competition (except those qualifying to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, which will not be entitled to these solidarity payments) will represent 3.5% of the overall revenues. An amount of at least €78.6m will be distributed, compared to €47.5m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of around 60%.

Clubs eliminated prior to the group stage will receive the following amounts per round: €200k in the first qualifying round, €300k in the second qualifying round and €400k in the third qualifying round (this latter, if not involved in the UEFA Champions League play-offs). In addition, any domestic champion not qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League will receive €250k.

In the UEFA Europa League, these solidarity payments will amount to: €200k in the first qualifying round, €210k in the second qualifying round, €220k in the third qualifying round and €230k in the play-offs (this latter, if not qualified to the UEFA Europa League group stage).

Okay, that looks much better..