Saints V Ict Sat 8Th August. 3.00Pm Kick-Off

I feel sorry for Brown, Caddis and Kane. They either get the last fifteen minutes or random starts here and there. And then they'll be dropped if they have a poor game or when a more experienced player becomes fit again. While Wotherspoon, Lappin and MacLean seem to be allowed a run of poor games and still sometimes retain their place. Its not really fair tbh and after seeing McKay dropped before Scobbie would it be overly surprising if Mackay came straight back in for Shaughnessy once hes fit?

To me Scott Brown is as close a replacement for Chris Millar as anyone we have, and his willingness to actually shoot is something none of the other midfielders have, I've no idea why he wasn't selected yesterday.

I think we will be more likely to see MacKay playing centre half until Anderson is back rather than replacing Shaughnessy. That throw in is Joe's key to retaining his place. Then even perhaps beyond that as Wright won't manage every game. MacKay is more capable of playing on the left side of a centre two than Scobbie is on the right side of one anyway!

I said elsewhere I thought it was shocking that McKay was dropped instead of Scobbie. I thought Scobbie was the worse of the two against Hearts in spite of the first goal. To drop McKay and play a dodgy looking left footed centre half who was at fault for two of the goals last week instead of the naturally right footed centre half who just made an unfortunate mistake last week was puzzling.

Scobbie is a strange one for me. At times I see him and think I see a player, someone really capable. Then other times he barely resembles a footballer. Some of the last ditch tackles are all well and good but they tend to stem from some horrendous decision making in the first place.

I'm sure we all know by now that Tommy is Pragmatist-in-Chief though and he's unlikely to leave what he'll perceive as holes in his midfield.

You're probably right, but in the first couple of games this season, there is evidence he's trying to bypass the midfield entirely.

To me Scott Brown is as close a replacement for Chris Millar as anyone we have, and his willingness to actually shoot is something none of the other midfielders have, I've no idea why he wasn't selected yesterday. 

I suspect the issue with Brown is he doesn't appear to have the defensive side of the game that the likes of Millar has. He has good points in he's willing to look for a pass and take a shot outside the box, but I don't think the management 'trust' him defensively.

I suspect the issue with Brown is he doesn't appear to have the defensive side of the game that the likes of Millar has. He has good points in he's willing to look for a pass and take a shot outside the box, but I don't think the management 'trust' him defensively.

Hes no worse than Lappin/Craig/Wotherspoon defensively, IMO

Hes no worse than Lappin/Craig/Wotherspoon defensively, IMO

Brown is primarily a defensive midfielder though when these three players play a little higher up and aren't in the team to protect the defence to the same extent. Browns positioning especially costs us goals whenever he plays IMO

Brown is primarily a defensive midfielder though when these three players play a little higher up and aren't in the team to protect the defence to the same extent. Browns positioning especially costs us goals whenever he plays IMO

Browns not a DM though, he's more attack minded than Lappin for starters. 

Have to disagree mate, felt we started with Sutton and O'Halloran through the middle but it was changed to 4-5-1 with MOH wide left around the time of their goal. Second half he was switched to the right.

Fair enough for the first 9 minutes he was further forward but he wasn't up top. We were just on the ascendancy and he was able to get closer to Sutton. I don't know if it was tactical or not but after the goal he was nowhere near Sutton.

It's all very well saying that but tommy sees the young players every day and is the best man to make the decisions. Scott brown played over in Armenia and was absolutely dreadful and Liam Caddis has never looked like a premiership quality player.

There wss one game this season when Caddis came on & controlled the midfield. He was willing to hold the ball & look for a pass.. Laid on a fee thtough balls as well.

What we had yestrrday was everyone treating yhe ball like a hot potatoe & passing it backwords.

Caddis suffers from the same problem as Wotherspoon, in that he just doesnt believe hes good enough. I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's worthy of starting games at this level, but then again I only ever see him play twenty minutes of games.

The midfield is the problem area yet again, so we should be mixing it up in there to at least see if it improves, whether thats bringing Caddis in, Brown in or Easton/Thomson in I dont know, but its not going to happen regardless. 

I'd be amazed if Easton was as good as Christie. I do, however, agree he deserves some form of chance. We're absolutely desperate for a creative player in the midfield, and every level he's been at so far he's been that, he seems to run the U20 games too. I don't buy into him being a left winger at all though, playing him central ahead of Millar and Muzz would be the best option, as they could cover if he made any errors.

As I've stated before, a friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Berwick. He watched both Swanson and Easton come through and he reckoned Easton was every bit as talented, if not more.

Well I'd say it does. He's seen both of them playing at a similar age, at the same level of football. It's not a comparison anyone here can make. Swanson went straight from there to United and got game time.

Whats your point here? I've said Easton probably deserves some game time at the least. FWIW Christies also streets ahead of where Swanson was at that age.

I never mention Christie anywhere, not once. I'm not quite sure what you are on about. I was merely comparing Easton and Swanson's talent at a certain period of their careers, implying that he is worth a punt.

Don't think you'd find many outside the Saints dugout who would disagree with you.

Seen them now but they only went up at 8.30pm. It used to be 6pm for everyone.  Cummins goal a peach.  Mannus no chance with Christies effort but it defo didn't take any deflection or the like. Just a great shot.