Player contracts and transfers

David123

I appreciate that there won't be a huge amount of players available now, but surely there are better players out there than Clarkson. I also appreciate that Clarkson might not be completely fit, but he spent a fair amount of time training with Motherwell weeks ago. He showed nothing on Sunday and his touch was awful. He couldn't complete five yard passes

If we're looking for someone to have a similar role to Iwelumo, then Clarkson would be adequate to me as he at least offers mobility, and I'd rather him than Iwelumo. We'd still need another striker if May goes though

may scored 27 goals in one season...

clarkson signed 49 goals for Well in 7 years ...

Well just took another look and said nah....

Motherwell are looking for a first choice striker. We'd be looking at him as third choice. TWs already said he's looking at two strikers incase May leaves, Clarkson would be the back up and the other would be to replace May. I'd rather have Clarkson than Iwelumo/Fallon, and his wages would be similar

if we are going for a clarkson as 3rd choice would we not be better giving Kane a chance ??

I'd rather Kane played another year in the Championship tbh, he still seems raw and slightly naive, and the pressure heaped onto him under to replace Mays goals would be unfair.

If we're looking for someone to have a similar role to Iwelumo, then Clarkson would be adequate to me as he at least offers mobility, and I'd rather him than Iwelumo. We'd still need another striker if May goes though

Similar role to Iwelumo ?. Warming the bench. He may be good at that because he certainly isnt a footballer.

I'd rather Kane played another year in the Championship tbh, he still seems raw and slightly naive, and the pressure heaped onto him under to replace Mays goals would be unfair.

and if he does well on loan we will draft him into the team in 12 months and if he does well then we can sell him off cheaply to Rotherham v.2016 and attempt the merry go round again eh !!

Well he quite clearly is, he's better than Iwelumo would be so I don't see what the problem with him replacing Iwelumo is

The problem is we could probably get someone from juniors that is better than him.Unless that was a bad game on Saturday ,he didn`t show anything. Do want us to bring in a striker for the sake of it not one that can replace May.

I would rather go with Kane than bring in Clarkson.

The problem is we could probably get someone from juniors that is better than him.Unless that was a bad game on Saturday ,he didn`t show anything. Do want us to bring in a striker for the sake of it not one that can replace May.

I would rather go with Kane than bring in Clarkson.

I'd rather Kane was playing every week than have him sitting on the bench. We will replace May if he leaves, Clarkson won't be the replacement

Clarkson is well past it IMOP, I would class him now with Riorden and O Connor not even worth taking a chance on, I would rather Haber, than him to be honest if we are allowed to have a third striker sitting in the stand.

Now I have heard a whisper that a Irish striker could be available from one of the Edinburgh teams that got relegated and seemingly he is not unlike Stevie May in the way he plays, Bearing in mind these whispers/ Rumours I get are usually shite I will take it with a pinch of Salt, But just thought id mention It just in case it is right.       

Collins has already left them, in fact he left about two months ago. Heffernan is a horrendous shout, injury prone, immobile and out of form. He'd also be on larger wages than Clarkson

if we need someone to fill the fallon role then him being immobile might not be the biggest problem. Take your point on injuries but I'd take him over clarkson. Would rather someone else either way.

Let's face it whoever we sign has a poisoned chalice. A bit like David Moyes following a certain Manchester United manager. If the new striker does not get off to a flier then the knives will be out.

Usually I look forward to a new season but this time around feel really flat and with a bit of dread thrown in.