Falkirk vs. Saints 03/02/07

Radford 72

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good performance, it's easy for us to play against teams who don't just sit in all game.

Undefeated against any SPL team (bookies rules), we should have 10 points added to our league total for these results.

If Falkirk and Hibs are considered good footballing sides than the SPL must be dire, we've outplayed them both.

If thats the SPL ye can keep it! :shock:

Temple reports up now.

Idiots guide on how to beat Falkirk:

1. Close down Latapy.

2. Sign the only other guy that ever seemed to score for them against us.

3. ....erm thats it :lol:

James was excellent and while they tired late on (Hardie and McInnes looked beat for the last 15 mins), the whole side were brilliant - no exceptions. Rode our luck at times at the start (mainly cos Latapy kept on playing those bloody annoying defence splitting passes) but once we were in front we rarely looked back. Good to see Peaso get on the scoresheet as well.

Have to mention the Cat as well - didn't drop a cross all day and made some excellent saves from Latapy and Holden. And all that without having the DNA of a Ballroom Dancer :twisted:

Tongue in Cheek, but if we go up in a couple of seasons we could be as bad as Falkirk and Scumdee Utd!

On the face of it, you see better football in the first division rather than the 100mph -whatever you do don't make a mistake- crap in the top flight.

Are you kidding? Back then we had a team full of 30+ guys all going downhill.

We now have a team, with the exception of Latapy all in their early 20s and are all tipped for big things and some are in their respective National set-ups.

We are VERY different from 3 years ago

I VERY different, you used to beat us all the time

Quality day out

Owen Coyles clapping army ! :wink:

Really annoying that our squad will toil to win the 'kick lumps out of you and play 8 at the back' first division, yet we'd not be far off the top 6 in the spl

What a performance again tho. Only 3 flattered them, should've been nearer 6!

And it won't be long til McInnes scores a peach!!

Amazing game today from the Super Saintees. Was so chuffed to be there to see us get one over Falkirk for once. I thought Martin Hardie played brilliant and his passion really shows and Peaso's finish for the third goal was superb. Long may this continue as we go on to try and win the league and i also thought the constant clapping as the game was being played today was brilliant :D:D:D

What else can I say but "easy win". We kept them out during their bright start, took control of the game and never looked back. Sure they put together a couple of decent moves, but they ultimately ended up being completely toothless. Saints defence were on top form - Ando played REALLY well today and even managed to put in some great forward runs, and again Captain Kev was a pillar of strength and organisation. Good shifts from everyone else with Jason and Peaso (especially) causing their back row real hassle with lots of direct running at them. McInnes and Hardie both put it about and completely bossed their lightweight midfield opponents who seemed to not do anything apart from give the ball to Latapy. Falkirk seem to get the ball to the players in the wide positions at the right time, then proceed to do nothing with it. Tippy tappy garbage.

But enough about them. Saints fans were singing "easy, easy" right throughout the 2nd half. Make no mistake, this was as easy as it gets.

MoM for me is Captain Kev again, with great shifts from everyone else, mentions to Cat, Mad Mental, Ando and Peaso. Only downside, Wizard never really got into the game...

Herts

i've just read the bbc report on the game and like their report of the hibs game thought it was pretty accurate. One thing that puzzled me about the attendance for todays game, shown on the beeb site as 3900. Surely there were more than that!!

Falkirk will be diddlin the figures so to pocket some extra cash from the gate!!!! Well, they had to take something from the game :lol:

it seems crazy that we're only 5 points off dunfermline on points against the spl with 22 games in hand or something like that. if you're playing bookies rules. easiest victory i've seen for a while. hopefully get a kind draw in the next round.

:lol: Quality! Never thought of it like that!

Good video clip bud!!

Today we were excellent from front to back, The Cat caught every cross and the saints fans got right behind him, which was good after that free kick which could have effected him!

Defence was solid only 1 thing, a free kick where Gow( I think) had a free header, Back 4 were superb

Midfield started missing twards the end, but the game was over! Mensing was tremendous went after everything, as did Derek who has changed my mind!

Scotland and peaso loked lively and if Scotland had scored would have capped the day off nicely!

Overall a good day out, nice new stadium, great away support, got behind the team, which was nice no critising, same again every week Saints!

Good video clip bud!!

Today we were excellent from front to back, The Cat caught every cross and the saints fans got right behind him, which was good after that free kick which could have effected him!

Defence was solid only 1 thing, a free kick where Gow( I think) had a free header, Back 4 were superb

Midfield started missing twards the end, but the game was over! Mensing was tremendous went after everything, as did Derek who has changed my mind!

Scotland and peaso loked lively and if Scotland had scored would have capped the day off nicely!

Overall a good day out, nice new stadium, great away support, got behind the team, which was nice no critising, same again every week Saints!

Was Barr wi the header.

Nice stadium ma hoop, its half done!!! And the shitty wee fold out stands look like they're from a junior ground!

congratulations on a great result!!

knew with a wee bit of luck in front of goal, things could happen. a big cheer went round the leith san siro when the half times came through.

gretna werent great,no main but dont think it really mattered. general opinion at easter road was that they arent half the team the saints were on wednesday,hope you take them to the wire.

and news just in from east end park, hearts are out of the scottish cup :wink::lol: 8)

congratulations on a great result!!

knew with a wee bit of luck in front of goal, things could happen. a big cheer went round the leith san siro when the half times came through.

gretna werent great,no main but dont think it really mattered. general opinion at easter road was that they arent half the team the saints were on wednesday,hope you take them to the wire.

and news just in from east end park, hearts are out of the scottish cup :wink::lol: 8)

Good day for the Hibs and the Saints!

Hopefully see you at Hampden for a rematch :P

Honestly thought that today was a better performance than wednesday night.

Considering we played 30 minutes more than Falkirk and also they had 24 hours more to recover, i thought we were just excellent.

Ok, dodgy for first 10 minutes but I expected them to come at from the off, thereafter, honestly thought if we had won 5 or 6 nil it would not have flattered us.

Thought Dellboy in the middle ran the show and was head and shoulders against any of their midfield. A mention to Peaso also who bust his ass off all day.

Excellent result, keep it going.