Falkirk vs. Saints 03/02/07

Radford 72

Still drained from last night but the big games don't seem to stop for us at the moment with a trip to another team that are loved in the media for playing football the right way, whatever that means.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the impact last night will have as the players must be feeling down but it's up to OC to get them back up again and wanting to get back on the pitch. If we can replicate the performances from the last two games we stand a great chance but I just worry it'll be a game too far, especially after what happened at Ibrox.

Didn't look to be any serious new injuries last night but no doubt Hardie and Peaso will need monitored as usual.

Derek Lilley is cup-tied but McLaren will join Morais and McInnes as being available. Alan McManus is suspended I think because of being booked in both games against Ayr so Ando will come back in.

Morais has looked good in his sub appearances so do folk think now is the time to unleash him from the start? I had forgotten earlier that McLaren was eligible to play so was thinking we should keep him on the bench so as to have a Plan B but we will have more options with Willie back.

Cuthbert

Mensing/Lawrie - Anderson - James - Stanic

McLaren/Morais - Hardie/Mensing - McInnes - Sheerin

Scotland - MacDonald

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this could be a game too far. The nervous energy from last night and to a lesser extent Saturday may have taken too much out of the players.

I would leave Hardie out give him a chance to recover for the league game. Cant afford to lose him for a period so would give him a break.

I would like Morais to start, up top with Jason perhaps and Willie on the right with Mensing inside.

I would like Morais to start, up top with Jason perhaps and Willie on the right with Mensing inside.

i agree

mensing at the back and wullie on 1 of the wings is my opinion

probably leave morais 2 come on and relieve poor peaso

lets hope mcinnes is ok, he was immense last night

and goran

bring it on!

morais still seems a bit away from full fitness but is greatly effective as a sub.

Really hope owen can get the boys fired up for this one. it would have been easier if this game had been before the semi but im sure owen will make sure to keep telling them that this is another chance for them to prove their worth and progress.

I think we need our big guys in this one to create some form of midfiled, we stopped hibs playing a lot so if we can cut out the falkirk midfield it will help us a lot.

Hopefully we can find a few creative ideas going forward rather than the long ball.

we are well in with a chance i would think.

this is the unnofffical 3/4 play off for the league cup. both the semi final losing teams. personally,i think we could be in for a tough time as our lads will be still feeling the strain of extra time v hibs. potential to be a cracking tie if we can overcome that though.

Looking forward to the game, got a few Falkirk supporting pals so would like to have the gloating rights come 5pm on Saturday.

However, with the effort and extra time on Wednesday i expect Falkirk to show their fans they are capable after their Semi-Final defeat and run a riot - would hope not but i am not too confident at this stage.

Falkirk have not scored in their last three games but on New Years Day they beat Dundee Utd. at Tannadice 5-1. I think we should not fear this game at all and once again have a GO!

I think our squad is much much stronger than when we played them in Division 1 and I'm not sure they are much better now than then when we ran them close.

Alan Gow has just signed a pre-contract with Rangers. :)

I'd go with...

--------------Cuthbert--------------

Lawrie-Anderson-James-Stanic

Morias-Mensing-McInnes-McLaren

--------Scotland--McDonald

Hardie and Sheerin can sit this one out, they need a break.

Out of the three big games this is the least important IMO

better to allow key players a rest before the big push for the league.

I'd also have taken the chance to rest James but with McManus being suspended.....

Attacking minded team with 2 wingers, OC should just tell them to go for it.

Another point. For a right winger Morias looked pretty comfortable swinging the ball over with his left for our goal last night.

Falkirk have not scored in their last three games but on New Years Day they beat Dundee Utd. at Tannadice 5-1. I think we should not fear this game at all and once again have a GO!

I think our squad is much much stronger than when we played them in Division 1 and I'm not sure they are much better now than then when we ran them close.

Alan Gow has just signed a pre-contract with Rangers. :)

Are you kidding? Back then we had a team full of 30+ guys all going downhill.

We now have a team, with the exception of Latapy all in their early 20s and are all tipped for big things and some are in their respective National set-ups.

We are VERY different from 3 years ago

We now have a team, with the exception of Latapy all in their early 20s and are all tipped for big things and some are in their respective National set-ups.

That team broke up after you won the 1st division and the remaining team didn't do well. I know you've brought in some talented young players but I'm not sure we should be worried. Youngsters can be inconsistent.

Gow (that Rangers fan) looks very good but will his new contract cause him to protect himself from injury or will he give his all in a fairwell to Falkirk.

The two players who have played virtually all this season's games for you are Latapy and Ross, both 30+. Your squad which won the 1st division was an experienced one and that's what ours is now but I'm not sure that's as much a disadvantage as people make out nowadays unless the Hibs game has taken its effect.

We'll see.

Glad to here it we might beat you then :P

Radford did you not post last week taht he wa a sub but didn't play. :?

Maybe straight after he signed (as that's what it says on Soccerbase) but Bryan the Morton fan posted that he played against Annan. In fact, no, I didn't as I knew he was on the bench and I knew that meant he was cup-tied so I never said that. Chopper maybe did.

Does it matter either way though? Fact is we now know he did play. Next you'll be complaining about what bus is taking the team to the game tomorrow! :wink:

Maybe straight after he signed (as that's what it says on Soccerbase) but Bryan the Morton fan posted that he played against Annan. In fact, no, I didn't as I knew he was on the bench and I knew that meant he was cup-tied so I never said that. Chopper maybe did.

Does it matter either way though? Fact is we now know he did play. Next you'll be complaining about what bus is taking the team to the game tomorrow! :wink:

The megabus from broxden

It was me who looked up Soccerbase and according to them he was an unused sub. Bryantonfan later confirmed he was used, just not updated on Soccerbase.

I thought that was what cup tied him for the Hibs game. What game did he play in for the League Cup?