Dunfermline v Saints League Cup Quarter Final Tuesday 15/12/2020

garydavidson

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

We really made hard work of that. Could understand needing extra-time and penalties if Dunfermline had shocked us, or even tried to come at us at all, but I was surprised by how poor they were and how little they tested us. The problem is our way of playing is often to dominate teams but struggle to score goals, and we saw that happen yet again here.

Have to say I'm really wondering at this stage why we signed another striker in October. We have four strikers but often start with only one of them. I suggested at the time that there was no need to sign another striker, and I feel that way even more strongly at this point.

Still, of course the important thing is that we're through. Pity Alloa couldn't have held out to get a win against Hibs in their game.

Honestly in January I'm beginning to think one or two center backs is the way forward.  For all the potential our young guys have, they don't appear to be learning , certainly not as a unit. 

No matter what striker we get they wont score as I think we saw about 50 crosses again yesterday and 1 reached a Saints player.  At least if we could keep a clean sheet....

5 hours ago, Linky said:

To be fair, my internet was playing up in the first half. Even so, not sure what was amazing about it. We have played better this season and lost (see Saturday)

I don’t think we played better Saturday than last night fluid passing and not missing a pass either all that was missing was goals.

20 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

Can we do anything about these ppv’s it’s shocking the way they work

As others have said, my stream worked 100% all game. It’s probably more to do with your device than the stream......the commentary, I found it ok. I actually enjoy hearing other fans view of Saints. As for them getting some saints name wrong...who cares!! They knew more about saints players than I knew about the Dunfermline ones. 

22 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Omg these commentators are doing my head in they don’t know anyone’s names. That last shot by saints Stevie may? Or Ali McCann? Eh no was it not Hendry LAUGH OUT LOUD 

I really liked the commentary, thought it was pretty balanced. 

Only annoying thing was one guy being way louder than the other guy. Not going to get mad at anyone from a different league for not knowing our players.