Challenge Cup

pezza70

• 2 weeks later...

I had just assumed he’d be registered as an East Fife player for the remainder of this season’s Challenge Cup, but would be ineligible to play for them in this competition. The same sort of situation as Middleton in the League Cup in 20/21. He’d played for Rangers away at Falkirk (I think) in an earlier round so was ineligible for us in both the semi and the final. 

As an aside, is anybody else heading along tomorrow?  

43 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I had just assumed he’d be registered as an East Fife player for the remainder of this season’s Challenge Cup, but would be ineligible to play for them in this competition. The same sort of situation as Middleton in the League Cup in 20/21. He’d played for Rangers away at Falkirk (I think) in an earlier round so was ineligible for us in both the semi and the final. 

As an aside, is anybody else heading along tomorrow?  

Yes

Grown into the game after a slow start. Bobby Dailly growing in confidence in terms of stepping out with the ball and has put in two really good crosses.

Long ball over the top wasn’t dealt with, Scott Shepherd nipped in and was brought down by Jack Wills. Really poor goal to lose

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Saints Facebook stopped commenting after 75th minute. No mention of sending off.

What's the point of updates if there isn't any.

Saints 0 a common theme there.

Plenty updates on Twitter. 

As for the game pretty much showed the physical differences between the teams. For all that the likes of Mahon and Ballantyne were disappointing and Max lacked support when he got forward (possibly not helped by the absence of Steven). On the plus side Parker (before his red) looked good and Moreland had a decent game. 

10 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

As for the game pretty much showed the physical differences between the teams. 

I reckon this might be why we're not entering the reserve league at this stage. Not sure what sort of line-ups the other clubs are fielding in the reserves but if they're putting out bigger/stronger sides then our young lads would just get hammered every week. Even in the friendly we played against Jeanfield Swifts there were big physical differences between the two sides.

20 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I reckon this might be why we're not entering the reserve league at this stage. Not sure what sort of line-ups the other clubs are fielding in the reserves but if they're putting out bigger/stronger sides then our young lads would just get hammered every week. Even in the friendly we played against Jeanfield Swifts there were big physical differences between the two sides.

I think these games just highlight the importance of getting the young ones away out on loan. I wouldn't be averse to having them all away out playing some lower level football. 

On 8/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, Stumpy1966 said:

4 - 0 finished. You’ll all be glad to hear that the up and coming refs are just as inconsistent as their seniors. 

There was a classic when the linesman was looking along the line towards the half way line for no apparent reason so basically had his back to the players concerned. Ball was sent forward to, I think Max, who was well on side but by the time he looked round Max was away from the defender and he gave him offside. Total lack of concentration by him.