The January 2023 transfer window thread

blueheaven

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Any deal should rely entirely on the club making sure they think hes fit enough to play before offering him anything. 

He seems knackered, to me, but thats without knowing exactly what each injury is. Seems like major ankle problems though.

Would have to be a 6 month deal if they think he'll play and contribute, cant tie ourselves to him longer than that. 

We need a centre back who can fill in from time to time. I imagine he'd be cheap considering he won't have many other options. If he can't hack it, let him leave at the end of the season. If he comes good and gets back to his old form, then we're onto a winner.

I mean, that would be the sensible thing to do, but I imagine we'll sign him on a 3 year deal.

Having said this, I would prefer we signed Lars Dendonker as he's been released. He wasn't first-team material for us last season but he wasn't awful for 21 year old who had never played a senior game. He could've turned into a decent pro given time and the right coaching (there lies the problem)

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

Having said this, I would prefer we signed Lars Dendonker as he's been released. He wasn't first-team material for us last season but he wasn't awful for 21 year old who had never played a senior game. He could've turned into a decent pro given time and the right coaching (there lies the problem)

He discovered a heart issue which might cause him to retire earlier this season.

I haven't been so conflicted over a transfer window in years.  Does this team need improved?  Undoubtedly!  

The evidence shows that new players come in and look good, some even better for a few weeks and then.  The falloff in their contribution is like cliff diving.  

The one constant has been the coaching or rather the ineffective or downright poor coaching.  I've yet to be convince they practice anything during the week.  Corners' free kicks, running together, look for space, how to pass a ball.  I've seen better youth team coaches use tactics which play to the players strengths rather than exposing their weaknesses.  Etu, Mahon looked to have some ability, yet they were dispensed with while serial culprits remain.  No matter their form they remain in the team.  

I'm ashamed to say had we been sold to the Saudis' like Newcastle, they could have bought the complete Argentina team and we'd still be looking at relegation under Callum and his staff.  

My decision is no signings until we have change at the most important position.  Davidson has to go before I'd spend another penny.  It would be a waste.  Keeping Davidson, Brown should ensure our youngsters like Max, Ballantyne and others are given a lot of game time.  The season to mean anything must bring them on to give us hope for next season.  

3 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

We have apparently put sic figure offer to Ross County for Jordan white 

Genuinely thought this was a joke when i read it, just to see it being reported by the Daily Record.

A bang average, at best, 30yo whos lucky to get 5 goals a season and we're chucking £100k+ at it?

Absolutely mental.

Tommy Wright was forced to run with a small squad most of the time and beg to get any new players in the door, yet Davidson just seems to click his fingers and sign who he wants! Surely someone at the club has to be questioning the logic of some of these signings?!

1 hour ago, MrBored said:

Its a cunning plan. Take County's main guy up front and they won't score any goals will they.....so they will go down and we'll be safe.

SB and the management need to take the heat of the Rangers debacle.....not sure this is the best way to do it though.....

Or with the 100k county could go and get someone who’ll score 15 goals and stay up 

I think Davidson said he was not looking to bring anyone in and now out of the blue we are quoted to be interest in and paying good money for questionable players.

I take it if we weren't interested before then we weren't scouting for players . Agents again ?.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think Davidson said he was not looking to bring anyone in and now out of the blue we are quoted to be interest in and paying good money for questionable players.

I take it if we weren't interested before then we weren't scouting for players . Agents again ?.

The latest interview was that he'd changed his mind after the Livi "horror show". 

Of course that match was his players, formation and tactics but who cares about that.

Jordan White would be an ok player if signed on a free for 6 months because your back-up striker has an injury. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this.

I think it can’t be true. Is it that the press have turned on Davidson since his walking out and they’re inventing rumours to make him look bad?