St Johnstone v Dundee Utd - 2/1/23

pezza70

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Mitchell ,the best of our defenders yet he gets sub ed off. He should be centre of defence but is played right,

Thought Mathews was slow to go down but may have been unsighted.

Bair had  2 good chances and probably should have scored.

Clark annonomous but probably due to only getting long balls punted at him.

I know from a good source that half the first eleven today were not well. Montgomery and Consadine out with vomiting bug. Clark and Mitchell still suffering as well as others. Have to ask could it have been called off. Upside is hopefully they have passed it onto United now and they have a dip in next game. 

Does anyone know why FCU north end were quiet for first half today. I could hear the south end.

8 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

I know from a good source that half the first eleven today were not well. Montgomery and Consadine out with vomiting bug. Clark and Mitchell still suffering as well as others. Have to ask could it have been called off. Upside is hopefully they have passed it onto United now and they have a dip in next game. 

Does anyone know why FCU north end were quiet for first half today. I could hear the south end.

Definitely looked like a virus had been through a fair few of the squad. Unsure about there being any chance it could’ve been called off on those grounds, imagine we’d have ended up with a points deduction and hefty fine for failing to field a team. Maybe could’ve pulled the frozen pitch card, like United did a couple of years ago. 

FCU were protesting against the Rangers debacle. ‘20s plenty’ and ’Against Modern Football’ banners were the only things in their section until half time

8 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Definitely looked like a virus had been through a fair few of the squad. Unsure about there being any chance it could’ve been called off on those grounds, imagine we’d have ended up with a points deduction and hefty fine for failing to field a team.

During Covid you couldnt get a postponement unless you had under 10 U18 players fit, so im not sure us, with a senior squad of 27, would ever come close to that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

During Covid you couldnt get a postponement unless you had under 10 U18 players fit, so im not sure us, with a senior squad of 27, would ever come close to that.

Exactly. Huge squad and we are apparently playing players who are ill or recovering from a bug.

18 hours ago, south inch said:

Tend to agree, if we had a sickness bug affecting the team why would we keep quiet about it after the match?  Fair enough beforehand but why pass up a perfectly good excuse for a poor performance afterwards.

Crossed my mind as well. Again it is just basic communication with the fans, update on squad and injuries etc we hear nothing. The bug was mentioned in passing on saints TV however of this was indeed the case and communicated at the time then fans are maybe more understanding of the last couple of performances and instead of being totally frustrated and angry maybe rally round the team a bit more at the time 

2 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Crossed my mind as well. Again it is just basic communication with the fans, update on squad and injuries etc we hear nothing. The bug was mentioned in passing on saints TV however of this was indeed the case and communicated at the time then fans are maybe more understanding of the last couple of performances and instead of being totally frustrated and angry maybe rally round the team a bit more at the time 

Hey, maybe we’re all looking at it the wrong way. Remember the old song about us being St Johnstone supporters, faithful through and through? Blind loyalty, that’s what’s required. :)

3 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

In fairness the sickness bug was reported in the papers leading up to the game, albeit it was only basic info. Injuries etc. have definitely been kept a lot more hush this season though