St Johnstone v Dundee Utd - 2/1/23

pezza70

Had to check the date due to the time difference :)

A big game for us, but a winnable game for us.

Surely we start the match with the same midfield as the game against the Jambos?

Would love to see McGowan played in the middle if not him then Phillips.

We need the three points to keep us in the mix for the top 6 and dare to dream the top 3.

Hopefully CD can admit the slow start he spoke about all started from our midfield and that we need to go after them from the first whistle.

Hopefully a big crowd and FCU will be out in force and full voice.

COYS

Given the volume of rain that we have had since the Hearts game and with more forecasted to come, lets hope this pitch is playable. It was fairly cut up by the end of the Hearts game and lines on the pitch were barely visible.

If the game does go ahead, I would change the entire midfield from the Hearts game and replace them with MacPherson, Phillips and Spoony. Phillips and MacPherson will offer us more physicality in the middle of the pitch and Spoony can act as the link between midfield and our strikers. I would also have Mitchell in for Gordon in the defence.

Watched the highlights from their game against Ross County and even although they won 3-0, County still had numerous chances. Noticed a few of their fans saying that they believe their defence is the weakest part of their team, so hopefully an in form May and Clark will have some joy.

I think the quality of this league is really close this season, theres no real brutal side who'll be cut adrift.

Killie and County have looked good whenever ive seen them, while United just havent found the right balance yet but will be dangerous when they do.

Weve a bad habit of getting stuck in ruts, and are at 1 win in 5 with our next 5 after this containing Celtic, Rangers and Livingston. Important to win this simply to keep the good gap we have over 11th/12th. Lose and theres a chance we're 6 off the bottom with 11th 5 behind and having a game in hand.

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Given the volume of rain that we have had since the Hearts game and with more forecasted to come, lets hope this pitch is playable. It was fairly cut up by the end of the Hearts game and lines on the pitch were barely visible.

If the game does go ahead, I would change the entire midfield from the Hearts game and replace them with MacPherson, Phillips and Spoony. Phillips and MacPherson will offer us more physicality in the middle of the pitch and Spoony can act as the link between midfield and our strikers. I would also have Mitchell in for Gordon in the defence.

Watched the highlights from their game against Ross County and even although they won 3-0, County still had numerous chances. Noticed a few of their fans saying that they believe their defence is the weakest part of their team, so hopefully an in form May and Clark will have some joy.

Fresh legs in the middle vs CD and his same old selections week in, week out, I know what I would prefer alas unless he reads the messages on here then I’m sure we are going to go with the same old players in the same positions.

I know Phillips is a walking yellow card, but he does rip in and takes no prisoners, all the great teams have always had that one player who may not be the most skilful player but will put his body in places that they shouldn’t be at times.

Mathews

Gordon      Mitchell.     Consadine.

Wright.                                                                   Montgomery

McGowan.

McPherson.                                            Wotherspoon.

Clark.                 May

Another game we need to win to pull away from bottom 4.

I know there is no way that will be the lineup but can but dream that we go out to win instead of giving teams no better than us too much respect.

EXACTLY the same problem versus Hearts. Midfield so deep that they allowed Snodgrass to pick the ball up with acres of space and pick his pass.

Giving Dundee United the same amount of space and time!! 

Everyone can see it Callum. Just lucky Dundee United don’t have a Snograss, Forrest or Shankland otherwise we would be 2-0 down again!!!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

20 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Brutal. A few too many over new year maybe, I cant think of a player that wasn't off or constantly giving away possesion. 

We can throw hammers at Callum, but this team played shit across the board. 

It's his team, tactics, formation, substitutions and team talks.

8 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You look at that bench and wonder what the fu** goes through Davidson’s mind when he picks a team.

Carey ahead of Wotherspoon!?!?!?

Brown at left back ahead of Booth.

I just don’t get it!

There are nailed on starters. And the rest is just a lottery.